Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Hillary Clinton squanders her "get out of jail free" card

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 14 Times in 13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    Yeah, Trump used this BS to back up his unbelievable "claims." None of it was ever corroborated. The only thing that really came to light was 3 dudes in a van celebrating down by the Hudson River on the Jersey side, who the FBI questioned. That's it.

This is a pathetic response from you Sarge. Simply pathetic. Trump claims he actually saw them, from his window - THOUSANDS celebrating on the rooftops. You know that's bullshit, or you simply can't see through the koolaid.
    Now dont go throwing my old ass under the bus quite yet. I have made no personal comments on the validity one way or the other. I simple offered the data for all to consume that there is two sides to every story. I do believe Trump exaggerated. I cannot look away from the validity of the New York Times and Washington Post releasing those stories can you? Now I like koolaid with my whiskey every so often but I'm not quite the koolaid drinker I think your making me out to be

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sorry, dude. You've got that backwards. If Trump is going to make a claim that thousands upon thousands were celebrating on the rooftops, and YOU are going to stand by that claim, then YOU need to cite.

That's how these things work.
    Gee, I didn't know that Trump was a member on this board. / sarcasm

Since he's not, the way it works here, actually, is that you made a claim (Trump lied) and I challenged you to back it up. Obviously you are unable to do so.

Why is that?

3. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Right View Post
    Gee, I didn't know that Trump was a member on this board. / sarcasm

Since he's not, the way it works here, actually, is that you made a claim (Trump lied) and I challenged you to back it up. Obviously you are unable to do so.

Why is that?
    I gave you a good list; there are hundreds more. How is that not backing it up?

Even people who voted Trump acknowledge his issues w/ the truth. To deny that really ruins your credibility.

4. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Not all lies are the same. Clinton was caught dead to rights using an un-authorized server, transversing marked and un-marked classified data.

Her March 2015 UN speech of "explanation" was all a pack of lies; from the "i had authorization to use it" to "wiping the server with a cloth".

as all her lies were exposed over the next 18 months, she defaulted to yet another lie.
    Finally she said Comey had cleared her as not lieing to the American people -which was the final lie..

These were systematic lies told over time directly to the American people-and as her lies fell apart she invented new lies to cover herself

5. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    Not all lies are the same. Clinton was caught dead to rights using an un-authorized server, transversing marked and un-marked classified data.

Her March 2015 UN speech of "explanation" was all a pack of lies; from the "i had authorization to use it" to "wiping the server with a cloth".

as all her lies were exposed over the next 18 months, she defaulted to yet another lie.
    Finally she said Comey had cleared her as not lieing to the American people -which was the final lie..

These were systematic lies told over time directly to the American people-and as her lies fell apart she invented new lies to cover herself
    Agreed - but that is the nature of Hillary's lies. She lies to cover herself.

Trump lies pathologically. That's really the biggest difference.

6. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

I gave you a good list; there are hundreds more. How is that not backing it up?

Even people who voted Trump acknowledge his issues w/ the truth. To deny that really ruins your credibility.
    And I'm focusing on the first to make you actually prove it, not just list some shit that you and Wolf Blitzer think happened.

7. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Right View Post
    And I'm focusing on the first to make you actually prove it, not just list some shit that you and Wolf Blitzer think happened.
    What the fuck are you talking about?

What do you think Wolf and I think happened? IT IS TRUMP THAT IS SAYING THAT THOUSANDS & THOUSANDS OF MUSLIMS WERE CELEBRATING ON ROOFTOPS. In the mind of the average braindead Trump supporter, the onus is now on others to prove that did NOT happen?

Are you fucking kidding me?

8. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,028 Times in 3,012 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 234 Times in 225 Posts

Default Hillary Clinton squanders her "get out of jail free" card

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    HRC should tell Trump to fuck off and dare him to come after her, he wont.
    Trump doesn't have to. But Sessions can and there is nothing Trump can do about it.

You aren't very creative

Trump has plausible deniability. Sessions can take her down and Trump has no finger prints.

At least that is how I hope it goes down

9. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Agreed - but that is the nature of Hillary's lies. She lies to cover herself.

Trump lies pathologically. That's really the biggest difference.
    she's a compulsive liar. her natural instinct is to cover/cloak herself and deceive.
    It's the main reason she used a private server in the first place

10. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

she's a compulsive liar. her natural instinct is to cover/cloak herself and deceive.
    It's the main reason she used a private server in the first place
    Yeah - well, she's old news. You voted for a guy who lies, arguably, just as much.

11. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yeah - well, she's old news. You voted for a guy who lies, arguably, just as much.
    Hey I'm not excusing his behavior at times. He's a bullshitter/blunderbuss - his language is lacking in subtlety and precision..

But I do not see the built in deception that Clinton used on all fronts.

12. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hey I'm not excusing his behavior at times. He's a bullshitter/blunderbuss - his language is lacking in subtlety and precision..

But I do not see the built in deception that Clinton used on all fronts.
    I do.

13. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,186 Times in 25,721 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Only Sarge View Post
    I think Trump exaggerated yes. I also think the media is guilty of covering it up. For the sake of Hillary or Political Correctness or rewriting history. Muslims definitely celebrated out in the open 9/11 deaths of innocent people. No doubt.

this appeared in the Washington Post on September 18, 2001:

In Jersey City, within hours of two jetliners’ plowing into the World Trade Center, law enforcement authorities detained and questioned a number of people who were allegedly seen celebrating the attacks and holding tailgate-style parties on rooftops while they watched the devastation on the other side of the river.

The New York Post

This appeared in a New York Post editorial written by Fred Siegel on September 14, 2001:

Here in New York, it was easy to get angry listening to Egyptians, Palestinians and the Arabs of nearby Paterson, N.J., celebrate as they received word of the murderous attack in New York and Washington. But Mayor Giuliani (who has been tireless and magnificent in this crisis) rightly warned New Yorker-ers that is would be wrong to take their anger our on the city’s Arab and Muslim residents. Attacks on Arab-Americans in Paterson or elsewhere are utterly indefensible.

Look @ the 12:30 mark http://www.visibility911.org/video-d...eek-after-911/
    Conspiracy theory. How could such a thing have happened without making national news, or being aired over and over through the years? Siegel's article was removed from the Post website while other 911 articles were kept.

"The problem is that Siegel, a scholar-in-residence at St. Francis College in Brooklyn and senior fellow at the Manhattan Institute, didn’t witness any of it firsthand, and today, a decade and a half after the fact, he can no longer remember who told him about it. While he continues to believe some Muslims were celebrating after 9/11, he also thinks Trump is exaggerating for effect. “I think something did happen,” he told Daily Intelligencer, “[and] he exaggerated — he often exaggerates.”
    Siegel told Daily Intelligencer that he first heard about the celebrations (and the nationalities of the perpetrators) on the radio, though he couldn’t remember which station.

Siegel was straightforward and honest about what he did and didn’t remember — there was no exaggeration in his account. But the lack of specifics is familiar and seems to fit a pattern: In the chaos immediately following the attacks, there were all sorts of rumors, on the radio and elsewhere, of people in Paterson celebrating the destruction that had just occurred across the Hudson. But basically every attempt to actually verify the existence of such celebrations has hit a dead end."

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...lls-short.html

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

14. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I do.
    we'll all see soon enough. I do think it's a good tradition to not try to destroy an incoming POTUS for at least the fisrt 100 days.
    But hyper-partisanship is Balkanizing America.

15. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

If
    magic word, that.....