Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Revised GDP <1% for 2016. FED talks about rate increases??

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Eisenhower? FDR? Tax cuts have zero correlation with economic growth. All you do is cherry pick good examples, I can do the same.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

BTW, look at how Coolidge's reign of terror ended. That's what tax cuts gets you.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 648 Times in 283 Posts

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leonthecat View Post
    Okay Ralphie boy. But will you rise up?
    Rise up? Why? Eventually the Constitution will put a stop to the crony capitalism. That's the nice thing about living in a republic...when idiots attempt to put into place SOCIAL DEMOCRATIC POLICIES...they always fail...for good reason, the market refuses to take any outside manipulation without "consequences". When THE PEOPLE finally hit rock bottom due to socially engineered policies like the current "Cloward/Pivon" policies now in place by left wing nuts...they THE PEOPLE will clean house the constitutional method...by firing their asses. This current election cycle is just the tip of the ice-burg that's coming your way. both parties demonstrated strong turn-out against the GOOD OLE BOYS in DC. The only reason Hillary got in was due to a fixed contest from the beginning.

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 2,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oceanhawk View Post
    Eisenhower? FDR? Tax cuts have zero correlation with economic growth. All you do is cherry pick good examples, I can do the same.
    Right....you "documented" the hell out of this one after pulling an OPINION out of your ass. Try debunking the REAL DOCUMENTED EVIDENCE. http://www.heritage.org/research/rep...ower-tax-rates

All you need do is prompt the footnotes that documented the history actual that demonstrates that lower taxes indeed stimulates the economy. Zero Correlation? Really? LMAO Speaking of a 'pot' calling a 'kettle' black...you offer nothing but ad hominem BS...and of course you will not present anything that debunks the evidence documented by the Heritage Foundation..why? Because truth is not subject to refutation....all you will do is engage in some type of personal attack, perhaps attacking the source...but providing nothing of any objective worth to debunk anything. Its the standard "MO". Maybe, just maybe you might surf the next and attempt to parrot some left wing proponent of Government spending used to artificially and temporarily stimulate the market place.

If you want to see the real results of Government Spending in order to correct a "depressed" market....just read the words of FDR's own Sec. or the Treasury during the left wing GREAT DEPRESSION that lasted over a decade...all overseen by an FDR administration....Henry Morgenthau. https://en.wikipedia/wiki/Henry_Morgenthau_Jr.

Note the quote from Mr. Morgenthau concerning SPENDING: "We have tried spending money. We are spending more money than we ever have before AND IT DOES NOT WORK. And I have just one interest....and if I am wrong...someone else can have my job. I want to see people get enough to eat. WE HAVE NEVER MADE GOOD ON OUR PROMISES...I SAY AFTER 8 YEARS OF THIS ADMINISTRATION WE HAVE JUST AS MUCH UNEMPLOYMENT AS WHEN WE STARTED...AND AN ENORMOUS DEBT TO BOOT." -- Henry Morgenthau Jr. Sec. of the Treasury FDR administration.

There you have it. When you attempt to spend your way out of any depression all you get is INDEBTED. No one can borrow their way to prosperity. Sure people will take your money, the way the Banks on Wall St. did with the supposed stimulus...but the only thing stimulated was their own bottom line....MAIN ST. is still suffering. The only reason this administration can point to the fake unemployment numbers is simple....this administration has reduced the national labor force to its lowest in over 30 years...1978 was the last time a labor force was so reduced by left wing policies...does Mr. Peanut ring a bell?

You want to see the real accomplishments of the left wing policies. Look at the actual unemployment rates of young people between the ages of 18-35... especially YOUNG BLACK ADULTS....it hovers around 20%.

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/files...nd-Economy.pdf
    Last edited by Ralph; 08-29-2016 at 07:36 AM.