Members banned from this thread: evince and Seahawk

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Limbaugh loses it over Trump's immigration flip-flop

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 648 Times in 283 Posts

Default Limbaugh loses it over Trump's immigration flip-flop

Rush Limbaugh could not stop laughing on Thursday at Donald Trump’s abrupt shift in immigration policy.

“Who knew —” Limbaugh managed to say, before bursting into laughter. “Do you imagine what it’s like to be Jeb Bush today?”

He continued to choke up, apologizing between bursts of laughter.

“I know it frustrates you to hear me. I’m sorry," he said on his radio show. "OK, I’m regaining my composure.”

Limbaugh began his sentence again.

“Who knew that it would be Donald Trump to come on and convert the GOP base to supporting amnesty the same week Ann Coulter’s book comes out,” Limbaugh said.

“Poor Ann, oh my God, she has this book ‘In Trump We Trust,’ and in it she says, ‘The only thing, the only thing that could cause Donald Trump any trouble whatsoever is if he flipflops on abortion or immigration and goes amnesty,' and it looks like he’s getting close to it,” Limbaugh said. “I mean what timing, I have to dry my eyes here."

Limbaugh’s fit of laughter comes after Coulter, a vocal opponent of immigration reform, slammed Trump on Wednesday for “softening” his stance on the issue.

Although the Republican nominee says he opposes "amnesty" and insists his signature proposal, a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, is “100 percent being built,” he told Fox News host Sean Hannity this week that he would "work with" undocumented immigrants as president and suggested they might be able to remain in the United States if they paid back taxes.

Bush, the former Florida governor who ran against Trump in the Republican primary, told a radio host on Thursday: "All the things that Donald Trump railed against, he seems to be morphing into — it’s kind of disturbing.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/rush-limbaugh-donald-trump-immigration-227424

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,182 Times in 25,717 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

He's not the only one who's laughing.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Jarod (08-26-2016), Mott the Hoople (08-26-2016), Phantasmal (08-26-2016)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 15 Times in 15 Posts

'Back taxes'? Undocumented workers typically have FICA, FUTA, SUTA, Medicare, Medicaid, and income tax deducted from their paycheck. Because they are 'undocumented', they do not get a dime back, even though they usually earn less than what 'citizens' qualify for. Don't tell me that they usually owe taxes. They pay license fees, sales taxes, usuary fees, excise taxes, gasoline taxes, cigarette taxes, and liquor taxes.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Limbaugh’s fit of laughter comes after Coulter, a vocal opponent of immigration reform, slammed Trump on Wednesday for “softening” his stance on the issue.

Although the Republican nominee says he opposes "amnesty" and insists his signature proposal, a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, is “100 percent being built,” he told Fox News host Sean Hannity this week that he would "work with" undocumented immigrants as president and suggested they might be able to remain in the United States if they paid back taxes.
    the Republicans are insane w/ "amnesty" and such talk.
    Trumps position IS a flip flop, there can' be any argument there. But if he comes to a better idea...why bitch about it?

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 15 Times in 15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    Trumps position IS a flip flop, there can' be any argument there. But if he comes to a better idea...why bitch about it?
    I agree. Many great politicians tend to ameliorate their initial positions in order advance the conversation. The problem just may be that Trump lowered the conversation, and then backtracked to a less 'lower' position. That inherently does not advance the conversation, it merely sidetracks it into a 'I am less lower than you, position'. This is not about who wins the Latino vote, it is about who gives a fuck. Latinos know that the Drumpf will not stand by them. Neither will Hillary. But they also understand that Hillary will throw them under the bus way after the Don does.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mogur For This Post:

Bill (08-25-2016)

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

Jarod (08-26-2016), Leonthecat (08-25-2016), Phantasmal (08-26-2016)

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legion Troll View Post

Rush Limbaugh could not stop laughing on Thursday at Donald Trump’s abrupt shift in immigration policy.

“Who knew —” Limbaugh managed to say, before bursting into laughter. “Do you imagine what it’s like to be Jeb Bush today?”

“I know it frustrates you to hear me. I’m sorry," he said on his radio show. "OK, I’m regaining my composure.”

“Who knew that it would be Donald Trump to come on and convert the GOP base to supporting amnesty the same week Ann Coulter’s book comes out,” Limbaugh said.

“Poor Ann, oh my God, she has this book ‘In Trump We Trust,’ and in it she says, ‘The only thing, the only thing that could cause Donald Trump any trouble whatsoever is if he flipflops on abortion or immigration and goes amnesty,' and it looks like he’s getting close to it,” Limbaugh said. “I mean what timing, I have to dry my eyes here."

Bush, the former Florida governor who ran against Trump in the Republican primary, told a radio host on Thursday: "All the things that Donald Trump railed against, he seems to be morphing into — it’s kind of disturbing.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/rush-limbaugh-donald-trump-immigration-227424
    I wonder if the trumpf will have the balls to attack the O' king maker or the blond wingNUT??
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mogur View Post
    'Back taxes'? Undocumented workers typically have FICA, FUTA, SUTA, Medicare, Medicaid, and income tax deducted from their paycheck. Because they are 'undocumented', they do not get a dime back, even though they usually earn less than what 'citizens' qualify for. Don't tell me that they usually owe taxes. They pay license fees, sales taxes, usuary fees, excise taxes, gasoline taxes, cigarette taxes, and liquor taxes.
    Perhaps he will be making them (in actuality) purchase their status, just like those countries in NATO will pay more or get the boot... Or not, we will see which way he flops next week?
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Well you probably won't have to worry about the trumpfasonians bitching about that, or anything he does.

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I agree. Many great politicians tend to ameliorate their initial positions in order advance the conversation. The problem just may be that Trump lowered the conversation, and then backtracked to a less 'lower' position. That inherently does not advance the conversation, it merely sidetracks it into a 'I am less lower than you, position'. This is not about who wins the Latino vote, it is about who gives a fuck. Latinos know that the Drumpf will not stand by them. Neither will Hillary. But they also understand that Hillary will throw them under the bus way after the Don does.
    Well said..

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,912 Times in 3,648 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,102 Times in 1,032 Posts

Did Limbaugh ever have any composure to lose?
    We have the intellect to imagine the finality of our own demise but do not have the sophistication to overcome our survival instinct and accept it.
    Solution? Magical thinking and childish promises of everlasting life.
    Ergo, religion.

rac·ist
    rāsəst/noun
    a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.
    Ask yourself honestly if this describes what you believe to be true.
    If the answer is yes, you are a racist.

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

Leonthecat (08-26-2016)

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,484 Times in 1,806 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 431 Times in 393 Posts

How do undocumented workers have FICA deductions, et al, if they have no Social Security number?

They are paid in cash, off the books.

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legion Troll View Post

For once I actually agree with old lard ass. This is funny as hell.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Who's bitching? We're laughing at all the suckers.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

Leonthecat (08-26-2016), Phantasmal (08-26-2016)