Members banned from this thread: BRUTALITOPS, USFREEDOM911, canceled.2021.1, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, canceled.2021.3, CFM and Seahawk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donald Trump Hates Immigrant Labor, Except When It Saves Him Money

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,182 Times in 25,717 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Default Donald Trump Hates Immigrant Labor, Except When It Saves Him Money

Donald Trump hates illegal immigration. He calls illegal immigrants criminals and rapists. He wants to build a wall to keep illegal immigrants out and deport millions and millions of undocumented immigrants who are already here. “They’re taking our jobs. They’re taking our manufacturing jobs. They’re taking our money. They’re killing us," Trump has said of immigrant labor. He hates illegal immigration. He hates it.

Also, though, Donald Trump is a successful businessman. And to be so, it seems as though he has to rely upon immigrant labor on a not irregular basis. For example, Trump Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach, Florida, has relied for years on foreign workers coming in on temporary visas. Trump has brought in these employees for at least 15 years, because he says he can’t find qualified American workers for the same jobs.

As CNN reported earlier this year, between 2013 and 2015 Mar-a-Lago posted 250 seasonal job openings. Of those, 246 went to foreign workers and four went to Americans.

BuzzFeed reported on Wednesday that Mar-a-Lago Club and the nearby Trump National Golf Club, Jupiter, are seeking to fill 78 server, housekeeper, and cook positions with foreign laborers under H-2 guest worker visa applications because Trump's organizations claim they couldn’t find Americans to do the work.

Just since his presidential run began a little more than a year ago, in fact, BuzzFeed reports that Trump has gotten permission from the Labor Department to hire 149 other foreign guest workers, again under the auspices that there aren’t enough qualified American workers available to do the jobs.

Why is it so hard to find a qualified American cook, housekeeper, or server in southern Florida? Trump’s businesses argue that these are temporary jobs and that American workers are looking for something more permanent.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...him_money.html

Trump for Prison 2016

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Seminara explained the appeal of importing foreign workers this way:
    I wrote an in-depth report on H-2Bs in 2010, and I interviewed many H-2B visa applicants as a Foreign Service officer. The H-2B program is more or less despised by both sides of the immigration debate. The human-rights community considers the program legalized slavery, and those who advocate stricter immigration enforcement believe that H-2B workers contribute to unemployment and wage stagnation for U.S. workers. But the business community loves this program because it brings them cheap, reliable labor—people who can’t quit or demand better working conditions.

Seminara is not the only person to describe these employees this way. “You almost have them as indentured servants,” Danny Fontenot, the director of the hospitality program at Palm Beach State College, told the New York Times in February. “And they affect everyone else’s wages. You can make a lot of money by never having to give your employees raises.”

So, shockingly, it turns out there is possibly something that Donald Trump cares about more than helping the American worker: That is finding the cheapest and easiest possible labor for Donald Trump. Maybe that will all change, though, once he’s in the White House.

Trump for Prison 2016

― Charles Dickens

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,089 Times in 33,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,080 Times in 4,696 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Donald Trump hates illegal immigration. He calls illegal immigrants criminals and rapists. He wants to build a wall to keep illegal immigrants out and deport millions and millions of undocumented immigrants who are already here. “They’re taking our jobs. They’re taking our manufacturing jobs. They’re taking our money. They’re killing us," Trump has said of immigrant labor. He hates illegal immigration. He hates it.

Also, though, Donald Trump is a successful businessman. And to be so, it seems as though he has to rely upon immigrant labor on a not irregular basis. For example, Trump Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach, Florida, has relied for years on foreign workers coming in on temporary visas. Trump has brought in these employees for at least 15 years, because he says he can’t find qualified American workers for the same jobs.

As CNN reported earlier this year, between 2013 and 2015 Mar-a-Lago posted 250 seasonal job openings. Of those, 246 went to foreign workers and four went to Americans.

BuzzFeed reported on Wednesday that Mar-a-Lago Club and the nearby Trump National Golf Club, Jupiter, are seeking to fill 78 server, housekeeper, and cook positions with foreign laborers under H-2 guest worker visa applications because Trump's organizations claim they couldn’t find Americans to do the work.

Just since his presidential run began a little more than a year ago, in fact, BuzzFeed reports that Trump has gotten permission from the Labor Department to hire 149 other foreign guest workers, again under the auspices that there aren’t enough qualified American workers available to do the jobs.

Why is it so hard to find a qualified American cook, housekeeper, or server in southern Florida? Trump’s businesses argue that these are temporary jobs and that American workers are looking for something more permanent.

Trump for Prison 2016
    Unbelievable!

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

I mean, what else can you say about this guy?

His scam isn't even speculation. The proof is here, there & everywhere. A complete fraud.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

I'm sure every builder hires illegal Mexicans cuz they just love them some Mexicans lol.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 648 Times in 283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Loyal Lapdoggy Hack Husseinovitch View Post
    I'm sure every builder hires illegal Mexicans cuz they just love them some Mexicans lol.
    Yip and whine for my amusement, little lapdoggy. Your duplicitous master has been exposed as a lying fraud again.

Trump for prison.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

you either posted this because you're genuinely shocked about trumps hypocrisy and duplicity, or you're trying to change the minds of trumptards in to voting for hillary........which would it be?

i'd love to see someone dig in to hillarys history of who, if any, illegals she may have hired.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    you either posted this because you're genuinely shocked about trumps hypocrisy and duplicity, or you're trying to change the minds of trumptards in to voting for hillary........which would it be?

i'd love to see someone dig in to hillarys history of who, if any, illegals she may have hired.
    Why?

Does she want to deport all illegals, or something like that?

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    Why?

Does she want to deport all illegals, or something like that?
    would be more along the lines of 8 U.S. Code § 1324a - Unlawful employment of aliens

but expecting a Democrat party candidate to follow the law is unreasonable or something like that.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

would be more along the lines of 8 U.S. Code § 1324a - Unlawful employment of aliens

but expecting a Democrat party candidate to follow the law is unreasonable or something like that.
    Well, this thread's about the hypocrisy of Trump's words vs. his actions.

You might have missed that in your "but what about the Clintons" reaction.

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 28 Times in 24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post

Trump for Prison 2016
    If they're here on Visas then they aren't illegal immigrants.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well, this thread's about the hypocrisy of Trump's words vs. his actions.

You might have missed that in your "but what about the Clintons" reaction.
    didn't miss it at all. what you fail to comprehend is I think both the candidates are the opposite sides of the same coin.........both faces on the same body. i'm going to point out the bullshit hypocrisy about both sides and their supporters. I doubt it's going to make a difference for most of you koolaid drinkers, but i will still try.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

didn't miss it at all. what you fail to comprehend is I think both the candidates are the opposite sides of the same coin.........both faces on the same body. i'm going to point out the bullshit hypocrisy about both sides and their supporters. I doubt it's going to make a difference for most of you koolaid drinkers, but i will still try.
    If it's Hillary against Rubio or Cruz, you wouldn't see me disagreeing with you too much. Probably a little, but not too much.

Trump has his own coin. A sadly misshapen & worthless one (at least to the masses). He's unlike any other candidate who has run for President.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If it's Hillary against Rubio or Cruz, you wouldn't see me disagreeing with you too much. Probably a little, but not too much.

Trump has his own coin. A sadly misshapen & worthless one (at least to the masses). He's unlike any other candidate who has run for President.
    the only thing that is different about trump compared to any other politician in the last 20 years is he's a so called outsider. more outspoken, for sure, but mainly he's viewed as an outsider. which is why he appeals to a right sided low information voter bloc. but make no mistake, he is a born and bred elitist who will blend right in with the establishment set of washington....much to the dismay of those who vote for him.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Face, Your View Post
    If they're here on Visas then they aren't illegal immigrants.
    Every immigrant he ever employed was not on a visa.

"One of those people is Ricardo Aca, an undocumented immigrant from Puebla who came to the United States with his family a decade ago when has just 14 years old. “We came to America because we wanted a better life,” Aca said in an interview with New Left Media. He came of age in Brooklyn, a place he says he loves. “This is where I went to high school. This is where all of my friends are. It’s home to me.”

Aca currently works as a busser in the Trump Soho building’s restaurant, a position he’s held for the last two years. He also works two other jobs on the side to make ends meet.

“I know I could lose my job just for talking about Trump,” Aca acknowledged. But after Trump continued to base his presidential campaign on anti-immigrant rhetoric, he could no longer maintain his silence. “It doesn’t make me proud to go to work every day under his name.”

“I’m not a criminal,” Aca said in the video. “I work really hard and I definitely don’t take it for granted.”

And

"But a look into the history of the Trump Tower, the crown jewel of the real-estate mogul's empire, reveals the beginnings of the 68-story building were, in fact, rooted in the back-breaking labor of 150-odd Polish immigrants — most working illegally, some without full pay."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...rumped-n397821

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/20...r-trump-hotel/

Trump for Prison 2016

― Charles Dickens