Groaned 69 Times in 65 Posts

Default Muslims in history

Banu Qurayza massacre, 627.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Did Islam cause the Dark Ages?

Did Islam, not barbarians, destroy classical civilization?

Henri Pirenne and others have promoted the theory that 7th century Islam, not 5th century barbarian conquest, was the main force that destroyed classical civilization. The theory is that the "barbarians" preserved much of classical civilization in culture, if not in politics. But then in the 7th century Islam destroyed that culture in North Africa and the Middle East. And even the areas it did not actually conquer, in Europe, were cut off from what had been for centuries a vast area of free trade and civilization around the Mediterranean. These now-isolated non-Muslim areas became backwaters, without access to the trade and products they had long relied on, and they went into decline.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

classical~western.......... Constantinople~classical eastern didn't end in the 5th or 7th century..

The west was weak after repeated invasions, revolts etc... Same could be said about north Africa & the ME...
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm on roll, another thread has disappeared from this forum after being shown how stupid it was.

Good little boy.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post

Henri Pirenne and others have promoted the theory that 7th century Islam, not 5th century barbarian conquest, was the main force that destroyed classical civilization. The theory is that the "barbarians" preserved much of classical civilization in culture, if not in politics. But then in the 7th century Islam destroyed that culture in North Africa and the Middle East. And even the areas it did not actually conquer, in Europe, were cut off from what had been for centuries a vast area of free trade and civilization around the Mediterranean. These now-isolated non-Muslim areas became backwaters, without access to the trade and products they had long relied on, and they went into decline.
    Well considering that Islam wasn't even founded as a religion when the western Roman empire collapsed I'd have to say this is a pretty laughable attempt at trolling.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

christiefan915 (07-21-2016), FUCK THE POLICE (07-22-2016), Leonthecat (07-22-2016)

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

I'm on roll, another thread has disappeared from this forum after being shown how stupid it was.

Good little boy.
    In all fairness....this one is in that category too and should probably be disappeared before a true idiot, like ILA, reads it.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

Leonthecat (07-22-2016)

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Good little boy.
    What does that have to do w/ your thread??

I am currently reading a book on the Middle Ages & few, if any books on the topic are written w/out reference to Pirenne's "MOHAMMED AND CHARLEMAGNE"

Those results/conclusions didn't begin w/ the Arab conquests but rather followed, the results of decadence & laziness in Rome, according to Pirenne..
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Christians in history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim...ucera#Epilogue

The attack, aided by treachery inside, was led by Giovanni Pipino di Barletta, count of Altamura.[14] A few rich and well connected families of Lucera Muslims opted for a fast, and very opportune, conversion to Christianity.
    The majority of the city's Muslim inhabitants were slaughtered or – as happened to almost 10,000 of them – sold into slavery,[1] with many finding asylum in Albaniaacross the Adriatic Sea.[15]
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FUCK THE POLICE For This Post:

Leonthecat (07-22-2016)

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Islam preserved much of classical culture. Islamic civilization was as much the successor to Roman civilization as the western or eastern Christians.

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    What does that have to do w/ your thread??

I am currently reading a book on the Middle Ages & few, if any books on the topic are written w/out reference to Pirenne's "MOHAMMED AND CHARLEMAGNE"

Those results/conclusions didn't begin w/ the Arab conquests but rather followed, the results of decadence & laziness in Rome, according to Pirenne..
    This thread was a response to Legion Troll's thread about Christians. Basically his thread was Christophobic, so I showed that Musliims have not been perfect either and he deleted his shameful Christophobic thread.

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

OK, I was wondering why you didn't come back to discuss it......

It just happened to be something I was into @ the moment......hat-tip-smiley-emoticon.gif