Groaned 648 Times in 283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Milagro View Post

2. #182 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,659 Times in 7,357 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,968 Times in 1,784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince View Post
    yup and even then, we don't explicitly say it's not allowed. We say it is at our discretion. If someone decides to troll on an account, we might tolerate it, we might not. But if people start going into that territory they waive their right not to be banned at a moments notice or when we get sick of it or for any reason really. At our discretion.
    ROFL..."discretion".

Tranlation: If a poster we like trolls someone who irritates us, it's okay.

If a poster who aggravates us trolls someone we like, we shut that poster down right away and lock the offending thread.
    What kind of country have we become?

One in which federal prosecutors can take “evidence” before a “grand jury,”

and that grand jury can “vote to indict” a former president for 91 alleged “crimes”?

3. #183 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,659 Times in 7,357 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,968 Times in 1,784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Milagro View Post
    In other words, if you like it then it's OK, gotcha!
    BINGO!!
    What kind of country have we become?

One in which federal prosecutors can take “evidence” before a “grand jury,”

and that grand jury can “vote to indict” a former president for 91 alleged “crimes”?

4. #184 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Seems like Rana needs to contribute some of her supply, to this thread.

SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

5. #185 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 2,207 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 970 Times in 889 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juche105 View Post
    I am, above all, someone who cares for the well being and equal treatment of all human beings.

I used to be very conservative in my younger and foolish days. I was a registered republican and nra member. Mind you, this was due to me growing up in a very wealthy, closed minded, and sheltered suburban neighborhood.

I joined the army at age 18, and that's when my preconceived naivete began collapsing. I saw how our officers tried to instill an irrational hate of all Muslims and people of color. I saw how our cadences and marching songs weren't about freedom or rights, but about killing people and seeing their blood spill out. This sickened me, and I slowly started realizing that I wasn't fighting for freedom, but for the profits of oil companies and the satisfaction of bigoted politicians who can't tolerate other religions and cultures, even half a world away.

While I was in the army, I also lost my faith in christianity. This wasn't due to any main reason, I simply started accepting science over superstition. However, revealing my non-religious beliefs to my chain of command exposed to me just how vicious the christian fundamentalists in this country can be towards somebody who doesn't believe in their dogma. I was harassed by my chain of command, bullied by my so called "battle buddies," and treated as a second class citizen of the country whose Army I was serving in.

I left the army with my illusions about what I was taught by nationalistic teachers, whitewashed history textbooks, and fox news completely shattered. I did not immediately leave the right wing, but my mind was now opened and the more garbage I heard my former friends or local politicians say, the more angry I got. Eventually, I realized that conservatives had no room for free thinkers like me in their ranks, and that I certainly had no room for right wing brainwashing and misinformation in my life.

Today, I consider myself an independent. I don't blindly follow partisan politics, although when I do vote, it is either for the democrat party or a third party candidate. I am active in helping to better the lives of the less fortunate and trying to change the massive unfairness present in the United States today. I continue to educate myself and to seek new ways and means to combat racism, sexism, homophobia, and poverty in this country.
    At least you got "democrat party" right.