Members banned from this thread: RockX

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: God

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 7 Times in 6 Posts

Default God

Is "God" akin to a human male? Does it have a penis, 2 arms, 2 legs, hands, feet, a belly button, intestines and an anus?

Is it for sure a male? A female? Does it breathe?

What is "God"?

This is not directed towards you godless commies, but a serious inquiry to the religious.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

God is in the shape of a mystical klein bottle.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

It has the brain of HAL from 2001 A Space Odyssey and possesses no definite sexuality.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 7 Times in 6 Posts

Godless commies already invading my thread. Get the fuck outta here.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,977 Times in 32,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    Is "God" akin to a human male? Does it have a penis, 2 arms, 2 legs, hands, feet, a belly button, intestines and an anus?

Is it for sure a male? A female? Does it breathe?

What is "God"?

This is not directed towards you godless commies, but a serious inquiry to the religious.
    shucks, I don't even know if YOU have a penis, two arms, two legs, etc.....and I talk to you every day.....

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 623 Times in 562 Posts

God looks exactly like Jennifer Anniston
    The stone that the builder refused
    Will always be the head corner stone

7. #7 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

While a lot of people seem to see God as male, I never got that feeling.

As a bringer of life, a nurturer, and a loving teacher, I always imagined God as more female than male.

But no, there is not genitalia, arms or legs.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

I'm not sure what Gawd looks like, but I saw this message from her the other day.

Dear people,

It has come to my attention that you are still killing each other, voting republican, and hording that green stuff. Sorry folks, but I've been away, with another of my experiments in another solar system. Even though I am faster than light, time just passes too quickly. You should realize that because soon you'll all be dead. But of course you never think of that, instead you quibble over taxes, government, helping your neighbor, and traffic. My earth experiment has had a few successes, for instance peace in Switzerland, but damn, money even corrupts those bastards. Sorry for the language, but watching you all is very frustrating. So anyway I'm waiting to see if America can do as well as some the Europeans and pass healthcare and finally take care of all its citizens. Right now if I were a betting god, I wouldn't put much starlight on you doing the right thing. Hey, you're still fighting social security, one of your good things in my book. Anyway good luck and see you soon.

Signed,

Gawd

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,324 Times in 1,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 693 Times in 631 Posts

Sine He made man in his image, he probably looks a lot like us. Or George Burns.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,326 Times in 9,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 511 Times in 484 Posts
    Blog Entries

For psuedo scientific believers, god is the unknown, the cause of the big bang etc. But that's stupid, and actually not logic or science. yet they cling to this flimsy film of legitimacy, because ultimately they need god to be the great figurehead of their theocratic new world order.
    Last edited by Blackwater Lunchbreak; 08-05-2009 at 07:01 AM.
    morality is a set of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships.

Trump Wins,
    by definition
    https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/trump

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,090 Times in 555 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    While a lot of people seem to see God as male, I never got that feeling.

As a bringer of life, a nurturer, and a loving teacher, I always imagined God as more female than male.

But no, there is not genitalia, arms or legs.
    A celestial torso?

Cool.

12. #12 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

Quote Originally Posted by charver View Post
    A celestial torso?

Cool.
    I suppose that would provide the most important parts.

But no, no torso.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    I'm not sure what Gawd looks like, but I saw this message from her the other day.

Dear people,

It has come to my attention that you are still killing each other, voting republican, and hording that green stuff. Sorry folks, but I've been away, with another of my experiments in another solar system. Even though I am faster than light, time just passes too quickly. You should realize that because soon you'll all be dead. But of course you never think of that, instead you quibble over taxes, government, helping your neighbor, and traffic. My earth experiment has had a few successes, for instance peace in Switzerland, but damn, money even corrupts those bastards. Sorry for the language, but watching you all is very frustrating. So anyway I'm waiting to see if America can do as well as some the Europeans and pass healthcare and finally take care of all its citizens. Right now if I were a betting god, I wouldn't put much starlight on you doing the right thing. Hey, you're still fighting social security, one of your good things in my book. Anyway good luck and see you soon.

Signed,

Gawd

God's pretty stupid if he buys into all these totalitarian schemes.
    morality is a set of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships.

Trump Wins,
    by definition

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

God simply is. Each thing that lives is part of God, it is what connects us and what causes our responsibility towards all things that live. This is reflected in the Bible and the Koran as "Dominion" over all things that live, that is a rather hefty word as it brings along a responsibility towards life that is often ignored. It is of course reflected in Buddhism as Compassion.

IMO, the "image" God created man in is a mental image not a physical one. Man has the capacity to understand all the things that God does, this is reflected in the Bible when Eve and Adam ate of the fruit of knowledge of Good and Evil where God took the Tree of Life away and said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever." (Genesis 3:21) Of course in Buddhism it is a given that all life will eventually reach Nirvana and return its portion of life to the Deity.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    God simply is. Each thing that lives is part of God, it is what connects us and what causes our responsibility towards all things that live. This is reflected in the Bible and the Koran as "Dominion" over all things that live, that is a rather hefty word as it brings along a responsibility towards life that is often ignored. It is of course reflected in Buddhism as Compassion.

IMO, the "image" God created man in is a mental image not a physical one. Man has the capacity to understand all the things that God does, this is reflected in the Bible when Eve and Adam ate of the fruit of knowledge of Good and Evil where God took the Tree of Life away and said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever." (Genesis 3:21) Of course in Buddhism it is a given that all life will eventually reach Nirvana and return its portion of life to the Deity.

B.S. You're smarter than this damo. Get a grip. Or go watch star wars again.

Trump Wins,
    by definition