Members banned from this thread: RockX

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I think I met "The One"

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 7 Times in 6 Posts

Default I think I met "The One"

But she lives in LA. And I live in Hawaii.

Synopsis:
    My last night in LA for the holiday weekend, I decide to call my friends Todd and Helen and see f they want to head to the Corbin Bowl for Karaoke night as I've been doing since 1997. So they agree and say they have this really cool friend that wants to hang out too. So all systems go. I got there early, and hung around a bit and then I get the call that they're in the parking lot. Helen wanted to snap in the car so I got in the back seat only to see a total, gorgeous goddess back there with me. It was instant, instant chemistry. The whole night we danced, laughed, and had a couple of PG-13 moments and we are totally diggin each other. She's literally the girl I've dreamed of my whole life, but she lives 2,700 miles away. Funny how I couldn't meet her here isn't it?

Life goes on.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Buy her a plane ticket.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

[ ] interested in Beefy's personal life
    [x] not interested in Beefy's personal life
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

5. #5 | Top
    Cancel3 Guest

So you spend money on plane tickets, phone calls and the internet. You see if the instant chemistry is what it is.

Then one of you relocates.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,128 Times in 9,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 503 Times in 476 Posts
    Blog Entries

Beefy, love is a lie. Sorry to have to be the one to tell you.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,128 Times in 9,658 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 503 Times in 476 Posts
    Blog Entries

PSYCH. Just kidding. And even if it is just a case mutual use and childhood fantasies, jump in and get you a piece of the pain. Because who are you to not be miserable?

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

If you still dig her after the infatuation wears off in 18-24months then she is possibly the one.
    Q: Senator Obama, would you take the same pledge? No tax increases on people under $250,000?

OBAMA: I not only have pledged not to raise their taxes, I've been the first candidate in this race to specifically say I would cut their taxes.

9. #9 | Top
    Cancel3 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chapdog View Post
    If you still dig her after the infatuation wears off in 18-24months then she is possibly the one.
    And if you don't, you won't have to worry about running into her for those unexpected and awkward meetings in public.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    But she lives in LA. And I live in Hawaii.

Synopsis:
    My last night in LA for the holiday weekend, I decide to call my friends Todd and Helen and see f they want to head to the Corbin Bowl for Karaoke night as I've been doing since 1997. So they agree and say they have this really cool friend that wants to hang out too. So all systems go. I got there early, and hung around a bit and then I get the call that they're in the parking lot. Helen wanted to snap in the car so I got in the back seat only to see a total, gorgeous goddess back there with me. It was instant, instant chemistry. The whole night we danced, laughed, and had a couple of PG-13 moments and we are totally diggin each other. She's literally the girl I've dreamed of my whole life, but she lives 2,700 miles away. Funny how I couldn't meet her here isn't it?

Life goes on.

Right on Beefy, Love finds a way. Take an LA sabatical and talk her into moving to the Islands or talk yourself into remainlanding. check out all the little Beach citys in Cali as a compromise location.

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yeah beefy, if you just met her you should totally have a conversation with her about moving away with you.

I can't see how she could find that in the least bit creepy.

/Sarcasm
    There is much to be said in favour of modern journalism. By giving us the opinions of the uneducated, it keeps us in touch with the ignorance of the community.

-Oscar Wilde

12. #12 | Top
    Cancel3 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Epicurus View Post
    Yeah beefy, if you just met her you should totally have a conversation with her about moving away with you.

I can't see how she could find that in the least bit creepy.

/Sarcasm
    I am sure there are plenty of women who could overcome their creepy feeling for a trip to hawaii.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Scientists Have shown that love is a form of mental illness. Or at least the effects are the same.
    At least the type of love that Beefy is talking about.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I once felt the same way Beefy does about a man and it worked out really well.

You have to be Open to Love when it comes into your life.

I thought I was going to get devastated by this guy. He was gorgeous, funny, smart and other women were always interested in him. I went for it anyway because I thought "oh what the hell a broken heart heals". I was honest and open with him and gave of myself freely. It turned out that was just what he was looking for. In time I saw his faults and thought " hell this guy is worth every one of the little picadillos he posseses". People are not perfect but if you find one with the right possitive characteristics and negative characteristics that fit you its a great journey.