Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This may not be my 1st presidential election to vote in

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 19 Times in 19 Posts

Default This may not be my 1st presidential election to vote in

This is just me sharing my thoughts but today I have told myself, God, and my parents that if this years presidential election is between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump that I will not vote. It's really sad for me to say that because I have been looking forward to voting in a presidential election for the first time and have been really excited to support a few of the candidates this past year (Cruz, Paul, and Perry) with Cruz being the last one standing out of the three. It basically all just came down to could I attach my name, my heart, my faith, and my soul to either Clinton or Trump and I just can't do it on any level. I consider myself to be a conservative republican and a good Christian but I do not consider Donald Trump to be any of those things. In my personal opinion he's mean, he's a bully, he's crass, he's greedy, he's selfish, he uses Christianity as a tool for votes, he lies about his positions, and he all but brags about each of these things as if they are something to be desired and mimicked. To vote for him would be to cast aside my faith in Christ and his teachings, my morals and values, and my political beliefs. I just can't do it. I pray to God that Cruz does well enough tomorrow to stay in the race and compete for the top spot as the primaries go on and I will do my part tomorrow to vote for him, but if it doesn't work out then it looks like I will have to wait four more years to vote for a president that I feel is right for me to vote for.
    Last edited by Norah; 02-29-2016 at 03:52 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Norah For This Post:

leaningright (02-29-2016)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,105 Times in 3,823 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,543 Times in 3,270 Posts

Get ready for a life of disappointment then
    We often are left with the lesser of two evils!

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Get ready for a life of disappointment then
    We often are left with the lesser of two evils!
    Im not waiting for the perfect person or anything like that and i'd vote if a candidate matched a lot of what im hoping for or looking for but my point was that if it's between these two people I can't attach my name to either of them.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,622 Times in 8,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 618 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cowgirl Tuff View Post
    This is just me sharing my thoughts but today I have told myself, God, and my parents that if this years presidential election is between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump that I will not vote. It's really sad for me to say that because I have been looking forward to voting in a presidential election for the first time and have been really excited to support a few of the candidates this past year (Cruz, Paul, and Perry) with Cruz being the last one standing out of the three. It basically all just came down to could I attach my name, my heart, my faith, and my soul to either Clinton or Trump and I just can't do it on any level. I consider myself to be a conservative republican and a good Christian but I do not consider Donald Trump to be any of those things. In my personal opinion he's mean, he's a bully, he's crass, he's greedy, he's selfish, he uses Christianity as a tool for votes, he lies about his positions, and he all but brags about each of these things as if they are something to be desired and mimicked. To vote for him would be to cast aside my faith in Christ and his teachings, my morals and values, and my political beliefs. I just can't do it. I pray to God that Cruz does well enough tomorrow to stay in the race and compete for the top spot as the primaries go on and I will do my part tomorrow to vote for him, but if it doesn't work out then it looks like I will have to wait four more years to vote for a president that I feel is right for me to vote for.
    Do not despair. I am heartened that not all Millennials are worthless like Skidmark. You can always write in a candidate. Don't listen to the fools who say it is wasting your vote

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 648 Times in 283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    You can always write in a candidate. Don't listen to the fools who say it is wasting your vote
    How does it not waste a vote?

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,089 Times in 33,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,080 Times in 4,696 Posts
    Blog Entries

Isn't it interesting, I see Cruz as a man who uses his Christianity to get votes as well,and what makes him even more dangerous in my eyes is his narcissism and his fathers belief that he was chosen, calling him "anointed" by his particular brand of God.

I want no part of this radical running my government, it's bad enough he's a Senator
    who was misguided thinking he could shut down our government and people wouldn't forget his actions, but Cruz as president would be a travesty.

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legion Troll View Post
    How does it not waste a vote?
    How does voting for who you want to win waste your vote?

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Isn't it interesting, I see Cruz as a man who uses his Christianity to get votes as well,and what makes him even more dangerous in my eyes is his narcissism and his fathers belief that he was chosen, calling him "anointed" by his particular brand of God.

I want no part of this radical running my government, it's bad enough he's a Senator
    who was misguided thinking he could shut down our government and people wouldn't forget his actions, but Cruz as president would be a travesty.
    Thanks for validating my decision to support Cruz

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 648 Times in 283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    How does voting for who you want to win waste your vote?
    If your chosen candidate has no chance you are wasting your vote.

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

im in it for the trolling.

msnbc will lose their collective shit if trump is elected. lmao.

i bet a bunch of liberals will off themselves.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BRUTALITOPS For This Post:

Minister of Truth (03-01-2016)

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Teflon Don View Post
    Do not despair. I am heartened that not all Millennials are worthless like Skidmark. You can always write in a candidate. Don't listen to the fools who say it is wasting your vote
    I havent thought about writing in a candidate. Hopefully Cruz wins a few states tomorrow and this becomes a two person race, but if the worst happens then it's something to consider so that atleast i'm not staying home later this year. Thanks.

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by GO FUCK YOURSELF View Post
    im in it for the trolling.

msnbc will lose their collective shit if trump is elected. lmao.

i bet a bunch of liberals will off themselves.
    I believe that Trump would be bad for more than just liberals. He'd be bad for the country and many parts of the world if his campaign promises are actually fulfilled.

15. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post

I don't really see how Cruz is using Christianity to get votes. Talking about your faith and actually having it and living it is different from claiming to have faith when it suits you and not living it at all. Cruz believes it and lives it, but Trump does not demonstrate through his words and actions that he is really a man of faith in my opinion. Also in my opinion Donald Trump is the living and breathing example of narcissism, not Cruz, and i'm honestly not bothered by his dad having that much faith in him. I pray that my parents would feel that strongly about me too and I'm sure they believe that God has put me on this Earth for a reason as well. I firmly believe that God chose them to be my adoptive parents.
    Last edited by Norah; 02-29-2016 at 07:07 PM.

16. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,865 Times in 7,323 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 785 Times in 732 Posts
    Blog Entries

GARY JOHNSON
    A
    R
    Y

J
    O
    H
    N
    S
    O
    N
    WATERMARK, GREATEST OF THE TRINITY, ON CHIK-FIL-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.
    www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to /MSG/ For This Post:

BRUTALITOPS (02-29-2016), Minister of Truth (03-01-2016)

18. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

I believe that Trump would be bad for more than just liberals. He'd be bad for the country and many parts of the world if his campaign promises are actually fulfilled.
    yeah it will suck. but nothing we can do. enjoy the trainwreck. i've been getting fucked over my whole life so nothing is different. the 'fucked over quotient' cancels out and I am just left with laughs

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.