2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    people who cheat this country are sociopaths
    Both sides have "cheated" in elections.

By you're own definition, you seem to be evil. Sorry about that.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    and yet, they often side with the mob, such as they did after 9/11, waco, etc. the dems and repubs have basically turned the USSC in to an extended branch of a political party.
    They increasingly side with public noise which is very disappointing.
    But point out one presidential election that was not to some degree influenced by the possibility of SCOTUS appointments.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,774 Times in 27,248 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

why are you pretending that the court record of the republican party is not a massive mountain in comparison to the democratic party record?

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

why are you still lying, desh?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    Both sides have "cheated" in elections.

By you're own definition, you seem to be evil. Sorry about that.
    why?

you are now lying about the Democratic party to protect the republican party?

see why you don't look like a Democratic member to me

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

why?

you are now lying about the Democratic party to protect the republican party?

see why you don't look like a Democratic member to me
    If you don't think Democrats have cheated in elections, you are completely ignorant.

And I'm happily not a "Democratic member," thanks. I don't believe in your monolithic club that doesn't allow for any independent thought.

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/06...s-voter-fraud/

The Republican party is certain that U.S. elections are rife with voter fraud. How are they so sure of that? Apparently because Republican operatives are the source of most of it.

This past Tuesday, Adam Ward of Bassett County Virginia pleaded guilty to 36 counts of voter fraud and perjury in connection with an attempt to help Newt Gingrich reach the number of signatures required to appear on last year’s Virginia presidential primary ballot. Ward collected over 11,000 signatures on behalf of Gingrich, over 4,000 of which, according to investigators, could not be verified. According to RawStory, the Virginia campaign of Texas governor Rick Perry faced a similar dilemma, with almost half the 11,900 signatures collected on his behalf failing verification. No Perry supporters are currently facing criminal charges.

A variety of Republican-controlled state legislatures passed “anti-voter fraud” legislation in 2012, in what was considered by many to be a blatant attempt to disenfranchise traditional Democratic constituencies such as minorities and college students. These measures typically centered around enhanced ID requirements for voters. Courts blocked the implementation of many of these laws in time for the 2012 election, but left open the possibility that they could be permitted to go into effect in the future. The Minnesota Post reported that an analysis of over 2,000 cases of voter fraud revealed an “infinitesimal” rate of fraud, and that “in person” fraud of the type that is targeted by voter ID laws is “virtually non-existent.”

The irony of the big GOP push for voter ID laws seems to be that when it comes to actual voter fraud, Republicans are often the ones who are most responsible. Consider the following examples of voter fraud that have been committed over the past few years:
    ◾The Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) has recently closed two cases involving Strategic Allied Consulting, a Republican hired vendor. Although investigators found at least 11 voter registration forms that were of questionable authenticity, no charges were filed due to lack of evidence. Strategic Allied Consulting is the subject of three ongoing cases in Florida. A FDLE spokesperson said that no details could be provided regarding those cases.
    ◾Last November two Republican voters in separate states decided to prove how easy it would be to vote illegally. Both were arrested and charged with voter fraud.
    ◾In February 2012 a jury found Indiana’s Republican secretary of state, Charlie White, guilty on six counts of voter fraud, theft, and perjury.
    ◾Four staffers of Republican congressman Thaddeus McCotter (R-MI) were indicted last August, charged with submitting over 1,500 “forged and falsified” signatures in what the Michigan attorney general, also a Republican, called a “blatant” and “disgraceful” attempt to qualify the congressman for last year’s ballot.

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If you don't think Democrats have cheated in elections, you are completely ignorant.

And I'm happily not a "Democratic member," thanks. I don't believe in your monolithic club that doesn't allow for any independent thought.
    oh

well

you used to get pissed at me for outing you

OH BTW

I never said what you claimed

so why are you lying for the republcian party

10. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

why are you pretending that the court record of the republican party is not a massive mountain in comparison to the democratic party record?
    post 34

stop lying for the republicans

11. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

oh

well

you used to get pissed at me for outing you

OH BTW

I never said what you claimed

so why are you lying for the republcian party
    I'm so tired of your insanity.

All you "outed" me as was an independent thinker. You lost the ability to think on your own ages ago, if you ever even had it. It's the problem w/ being party-first.

I hope we can evolve as a nation and get away from the kind of blind partisanship that you represent. You're no different from the hacks on the right who you criticize.

12. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,551 Times in 2,991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Ok. I read the article and did some more research. I definitely don't agree with him about not appointing during an election year but I do see where he is coming from on making this election about ... or a "referendum" on the appointment of a SC justice. When choosing the person for whom I vote in the presidential races I often give considerable weight as to the make up of the Supreme Court and possible future appointments (mainly focusing on the 2nd amendment nowadays) but I can't see this resonating with anyone outside his base.

13. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

because I dont agree with you?

you used to get all mad when I would tell you your ideas were not in line with the Democractic party

now your mad because you agree with me on that now

14. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'm so tired of your insanity.

All you "outed" me as was an independent thinker. You lost the ability to think on your own ages ago, if you ever even had it. It's the problem w/ being party-first.

I hope we can evolve as a nation and get away from the kind of blind partisanship that you represent. You're no different from the hacks on the right who you criticize.

you used to get all mad when I would tell you your ideas were not in line with the Democractic party

15. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

LOL - Busted in a lie! I guess that makes you evil, desh.

I used to get mad because you said I was part of the Republican party. Nothing bothers me more than party identification these days - either Dem or Republican.

But please don't lie about me, you evil person.