Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Why isn't Trump getting Dixie Chicked?

1. #136 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,999 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 809 Times in 761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    Oh, so your angst only extends to things about the Dixie Tricks.
    Not at all. I didn't support at all what happened w/ that cake baker, and I've been outspoken against boycotts regarding both the left & right. So, you're statement is wrong on every level.

But the basketball owner & what happened to him? Man o' straw.

2. #137 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thing1 View Post
    Not at all. I didn't support at all what happened w/ that cake baker, and I've been outspoken against boycotts regarding both the left & right. So, you're statement is wrong on every level.

But the basketball owner & what happened to him? Man o' straw.
    So you're not aware of an owner who was forced to sell his team, due to his spoken word!!
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

3. #138 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    So you're not aware of an owner who was forced to sell his team, due to his spoken word!!
    Where did I say I wasn't aware of it?

I know exactly what you're talking about. Like I said: man o' straw.

4. #139 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Where did I say I wasn't aware of it?

I know exactly what you're talking about. Like I said: man o' straw.
    Well, you are the one that framed your response as a question!!
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

5. #140 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

You guys are pretty unreal.

Like I said before - if you think what happened to the Dixie Chicks had no negative effect on the artistic community and entertainment industry, I really don't know what to tell you. It's like you slept through the last 13 years or so.

This election has really highlighted the sheer # of people in America who don't seem to be able to think rationally. I'll just throw you both in that group.
    AGAIN... making the 'artistic community and entertainment industry' aware of something that is common sense is hardly 'chilling' etc...

No one silenced anyone. But the boycott is a reminder that you don't get to say whatever you feel like and be free of consequences. That is common sense. If they were unaware of this, then they are every bit as moronic as you.
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

6. #141 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This is all just so much BS. What about Hannity, Ingraham, Limbaugh et al.? Who are these "average citizens" you're talking about?

As far as what they added, here you go: voices to the anti-war movement. The admin, all of talk radio & the right in general sought to diminish & marginalize these voices. As I keep saying, all they wanted to do was shut these people up.

And guess what? The anti-war movement turned out to be right. On everything. Maybe you fools should have listened and been more open to their POV.
    So, they did not add a fucking thing. They, like those that boycotted them, simply RESTATED something that was already out there. All you are doing is trying to shut up the people who disagree with you. You are suggesting that they should not be allowed to express themselves. You are trying to intimidate them.

The anti-war movement was not right about everything. The containment that you think should have lasted forever was the very thing that prompted the attacks of 9/11.

The starvation of the Iraqi people was occurring due to that containment and Saddam's actions. But you ignore that. instead you believe Michael Moores little fantasy that the Iraqi's were all having picnics and skipping through fields prior to the war.
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

7. #142 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Poor Freak. Still thinks Iraq was the right thing to do.

One of the last holdouts.

8. #143 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And only an idiot would think that adding more voices to a movement is meaningless.

Dissent ends wars. There is ample historical proof on that. You're a real fool, SF. Though it's fun to watch you flail.

9. #144 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Poor Freak. Still thinks Iraq was the right thing to do.

One of the last holdouts.
    Again, one of us bases our opinion on reality. The other on Michael Moore fantasies.
    Quote from Cypress:

10. #145 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,728 Times in 27,215 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,585 Times in 18,174 Posts
    Blog Entries

11. #146 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And only an idiot would think that adding more voices to a movement is meaningless.

Dissent ends wars. There is ample historical proof on that. You're a real fool, SF. Though it's fun to watch you flail.
    You are truly descending to Desh levels of idiocy.

1) Thing proclaims the boycotters are not adding anything to the 'market place of ideas'

2) Thing proclaims the ditzie chicks ARE

3) When asked WHAT they added, he states they 'added their voices to a movement' ie... they didn't add anything new to the marketplace of ideas... they simply agreed with an opinion that was already out there. Which is precisely what those that boycotted the ditzie chicks did. They added their voices to an idea that was already out there.

4) Again you create a straw man. I didn't say adding their voices to a movement was meaningless (you just can't help creating more bullshit straw men can you?). I stated they did not add anything new your 'marketplace of ideas'... and they didn't

5) Another straw man... no one stated that dissent doesn't end wars. You just want to keep spinning, moving goal posts and distracting from your complete ignorance on this thread.
    Quote from Cypress:

12. #147 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Again, for the hard of hearing: the boycotts didn't forward an "idea." They just wanted to stop other people from talking.

It's lame and unAmerican to just want to shut up an opinion that you disagree with. Counter that opinion with a better one - persuade more people through the power of your own ideas. That's what free speech is about.

Not "we want everyone thinking the same way, so we're going to scare you into not talking." Not surprising that you would support something so childish & backwards.

13. #148 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

14. #149 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,870 Times in 21,642 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,675 Times in 5,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

IF Trump is losing support based on his criticism of the Bush family...

its insane to me that the Republican base is more upset over calling Bush out, than they over the way he mocked a crippled reporter.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

15. #150 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries