Thread: NYT columnist jokes about assassination of Trump

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,232 Times in 3,450 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,212 Times in 1,887 Posts

Default NYT columnist jokes about assassination of Trump

The career of this "journalist" should end right now, but we all know nothing will be done to him. Libs are allowed to call for assassination of conservatives.

http://www.infowars.com/ny-times-col...umps-campaign/

feb 25 2016 New York Times columnist Ross Douthat caused outrage after he joked about how an assassination attempt could end Donald Trump’s presidential campaign.
    “Good news guys I’ve figured out how the Trump campaign ends,” Douthat tweeted last night.

Good news guys I've figured out how the Trump campaign ends:https://t.co/Oe2QfJYdVg
    — Ross Douthat (@DouthatNYT) February 24, 2016

The tweet links to a video clip from the 1983 movie The Dead Zone, which features a character played by Christopher Walken attempting to gun down a political figure played by Martin Sheen.

In the plot, Walken’s character tries to kill the US Senatorial candidate (played by Sheen) because he has visions of him becoming president in the future and starting a nuclear war. Sheen’s character holds up his baby as a human shield during the assassination attempt, destroying his credibility.
    While joking about an assassination attempt on any public figure is crass, it’s particularly relevant with Trump because he faces a very real threat of being targeted.
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,426 Times in 5,873 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,519 Times in 6,260 Posts
    Blog Entries

Maybe he's heard about the fatwa.

Trump, remember- did applaud the story of a whole bunch of Brothers being massacred with pigs-blood soaked bullets. Isn't that kinda calling it ?
    Perhaps he's trying to get into the WH for his own personal safety.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,105 Times in 3,823 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,543 Times in 3,270 Posts

Nah democrats get assassinated by gun nuts

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,426 Times in 5,873 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,519 Times in 6,260 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Nah democrats get assassinated by gun nuts
    Yes, but Trump is advocating a free-for-all. He might even get done by a disaffected Republican.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,188 Times in 25,723 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Atlanta Jewish newspaper calls for Obama assassination

Israel should send Mossad agents to assassinate President Barack Obama because of his anti-Israel policies, the owner of a US Jewish newspaper wrote in an article that drew widespread condemnation on Friday.

Andrew Adler, the publisher of The Atlanta Jewish Times, wrote a column that appeared in his newspaper on January 13 in which he argued killing the president might be justified because he posed a threat to the Jewish state.

“Order a hit on a president in order to preserve Israel’s existence,” Adler wrote.

“Think about it. If I have thought of this Tom Clancy-type scenario, don’t you think that this almost unfathomable idea has been discussed in Israel’s most inner circles?...How far would you go to save a nation comprised of seven million lives...Jews, Christians and Arabs alike? You have got to believe, like I do, that all options are on the table.”

The story, which appeared in print only, was uploaded to the Internet by Gawker, a gossip news website, on Friday and immediately picked up by media outlets in the US and around the world.

Adler expressed contrition to the Jewish Telegraphic Agency in the aftermath of the uproar, saying “I very much regret it, I wish I hadn’t made reference to it at all.”

http://www.jpost.com/International/A...-assassination

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 76 Times in 75 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Atlanta Jewish newspaper calls for Obama assassination

Israel should send Mossad agents to assassinate President Barack Obama because of his anti-Israel policies, the owner of a US Jewish newspaper wrote in an article that drew widespread condemnation on Friday.

Andrew Adler, the publisher of The Atlanta Jewish Times, wrote a column that appeared in his newspaper on January 13 in which he argued killing the president might be justified because he posed a threat to the Jewish state.

“Order a hit on a president in order to preserve Israel’s existence,” Adler wrote.

“Think about it. If I have thought of this Tom Clancy-type scenario, don’t you think that this almost unfathomable idea has been discussed in Israel’s most inner circles?...How far would you go to save a nation comprised of seven million lives...Jews, Christians and Arabs alike? You have got to believe, like I do, that all options are on the table.”

The story, which appeared in print only, was uploaded to the Internet by Gawker, a gossip news website, on Friday and immediately picked up by media outlets in the US and around the world.

Adler expressed contrition to the Jewish Telegraphic Agency in the aftermath of the uproar, saying “I very much regret it, I wish I hadn’t made reference to it at all.”

http://www.jpost.com/International/A...-assassination
    When people do this in your threads, you tell them to start a new thread, don't you?

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,188 Times in 25,723 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Konono View Post
    When people do this in your threads, you tell them to start a new thread, don't you?
    It's a response to this comment, yurt: "Libs are allowed to call for assassination of conservatives."

It might be free speech but IMO it's still wrong.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens