Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wait...what? He's just a lying Rightie after all?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,673 Times in 7,368 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,968 Times in 1,784 Posts

Default Wait...what? He's just a lying Rightie after all?

So much for his claim of "ancestral rights...

Local TV Station Sheds Doubt On Bundy's Claims About His Family Ranch

Cliven Bundy has trumpeted his "ancestral rights" in his land-use dispute with the federal government, but a report on Monday from a Nevada television station placed doubt on the defiant rancher's claims.

KLAS in Las Vegas obtained property records showing that Bundy's parents purchased the family's ranch in 1948. The Bunkerville, Nev. ranch has been the site of a tense standoff with the federal government over Bundy's use of land managed by the Bureau of Land Management.

Those records appear to contradict Bundy's own history of the ranch, as well as his biography.

"I've lived my lifetime here. My forefathers have been up and down the Virgin Valley here ever since 1877. All these rights that I claim, have been created through pre-emptive rights and beneficial use of the forage and the water and the access and range improvements," Bundy told KLAS before the government's round up began.

The standoff has made Bundy a hero among conservatives like Sean Hannity.

Nevada Assemblywoman Michele Fiore (R), who is showing solidarity with Bundy and the armed militias supporting him, said Friday that the federal government shouldn't "come here with guns and expect the American people not to fire back."

Bundy said that his rights predate the formation of the Bureau of Land Management, and he has refused to pay more than $1 million in cattle grazing fees.

"My rights are before the BLM even existed, but my rights are created by beneficial use. Beneficial use means we created the forage and the water from the time the very first pioneers come here," Bundy said.

But court records obtained by KLAS indicated the family's cattle didn't begin grazing the land until 1954. The Bureau of Land Management was created in 1946 (the same year Cliven Bundy was born.)

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...cestral-rights

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,484 Times in 1,806 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 431 Times in 393 Posts

How is he a "rightie"?

He wants free government stuff (grazing on federal land).

Leftie all the way.
    RaiderNation <==== Likes getting mounted by randy mules lubed up by Voted4Reagan

3. The Following User Groans At Taft2016 For This Awful Post:

Phantasmal (04-22-2014)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Taft2016 For This Post:

Granule (04-22-2014), Truth Detector (04-23-2014)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

So the court records only go back to 1954, and the date of his birth isn't the issue, since he's claiming ancestral rights. I see another Zappygetard fail approaching...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MAGA MAN For This Post:

Truth Detector (04-23-2014)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

KLAS in Las Vegas obtained property records showing that Bundy's parents purchased the family's ranch in 1948.

Those records appear to contradict Bundy's own history of the ranch, as well as his biography.

Bundy said that his rights predate the formation of the Bureau of Land Management.

But court records obtained by KLAS indicated the family's cattle didn't begin grazing the land until 1954. The Bureau of Land Management was created in 1946.

Let's recap:

BLM---created in 1946

Bundy family buys farm---1948

Cattle begin grazing the land---1954

Bundy's claim his rights predate the BLM---Just another lie

8. The Following User Says Thank You to zappasguitar For This Post:

Phantasmal (04-22-2014)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 4 Times in 4 Posts

I love it when a lefty endorses and supports government goons bullying citizens for corrupt politicians. How noble.

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Charley View Post
    I love it when a lefty endorses and supports government goons bullying citizens for corrupt politicians. How noble.

I love it when crybabies who bitch about the "duly enacted laws of this nation" when whining about illegal immigrants "breaking the law", yet they outright IGNORE the laws Bundy has broken before and during his little pity party.

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZappasGuitar View Post
    I love it when crybabies who bitch about the "duly enacted laws of this nation" when whining about illegal immigrants "breaking the law", yet they outright IGNORE the laws Bundy has broken before and during his little pity party.
    derailing the thread, are we?
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Go suck off Harry Reid, government goon.

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,194 Times in 33,876 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

So much for his claim of "ancestral rights...

Local TV Station Sheds Doubt On Bundy's Claims About His Family Ranch

Cliven Bundy has trumpeted his "ancestral rights" in his land-use dispute with the federal government, but a report on Monday from a Nevada television station placed doubt on the defiant rancher's claims.

KLAS in Las Vegas obtained property records showing that Bundy's parents purchased the family's ranch in 1948. The Bunkerville, Nev. ranch has been the site of a tense standoff with the federal government over Bundy's use of land managed by the Bureau of Land Management.

"I've lived my lifetime here. My forefathers have been up and down the Virgin Valley here ever since 1877. All these rights that I claim, have been created through pre-emptive rights and beneficial use of the forage and the water and the access and range improvements," Bundy told KLAS before the government's round up began.

The standoff has made Bundy a hero among conservatives like Sean Hannity.

Nevada Assemblywoman Michele Fiore (R), who is showing solidarity with Bundy and the armed militias supporting him, said Friday that the federal government shouldn't "come here with guns and expect the American people not to fire back."

Bundy said that his rights predate the formation of the Bureau of Land Management, and he has refused to pay more than $1 million in cattle grazing fees.

"My rights are before the BLM even existed, but my rights are created by beneficial use. Beneficial use means we created the forage and the water from the time the very first pioneers come here," Bundy said.

But court records obtained by KLAS indicated the family's cattle didn't begin grazing the land until 1954. The Bureau of Land Management was created in 1946 (the same year Cliven Bundy was born.)

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...cestral-rights
    I just read this! The guy apparently didn't think reporters would research public records, wonder what his excuse will be for lying and that is exactly what he did, he lied.

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

He is a corrupt citizen

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Bundy family buys farm---1948

Cattle begin grazing the land---1954
    Maybe they rented prior to that. Again, apparently the court records don't go past a certain date...

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Sardonic View Post
    He is a corrupt citizen
    Bullshit. People were pushed around and intimidated by govt thugs. Animals were abused and killed. If the citizens were breaking a law why wasn't anyone arrested?

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Sardonic View Post
    I just read this! The guy apparently didn't think reporters would research public records, wonder what his excuse will be for lying and that is exactly what he did, he lied.

My guess is he's either going to continue to push this "ancestral rights" nonsense.

Or he will claim that his rights were created by "beneficial use".

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Bullshit. People were pushed around and intimidated by govt thugs. Animals were abused and killed. If the citizens were breaking a law why wasn't anyone arrested?

The Government was trying to work something out with Bundy so everyone could avoid jail time, when Bundy's gun nut militia buddies descended on the scene and started waving their guns.

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Lol, did you realize that a government agency was bombed in the past in connection with this man? That the Bundy's threatened violence. Arresting the teaparty fools would have created a violent situation and caused people like you to blame the BLM. The government defused the situation for the good of the public.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

zappasguitar (04-22-2014)