Thread: Why America is fucked up

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    Populism isn't dead. Your implied correlation is fantastical and nonexistent. Populism has to do with the belief that the people are being suppressed by a conspiracy of powerful elites using the systems of government and business to concentrate and maintain their own power at the expense of others. And that's pretty much the truth.
    Yes, except the poor and the uneducated believe it's the evil atheists that are doing it to them.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ah. The nation of Africa.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yeah, it's north of South Africa.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,607 Times in 10,570 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

What nation of Africa?
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Africa's right above south Africa. Duh.

Ever heard of South Dakota and Dakota? It's that same process.

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 278 Times in 249 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ib1yysguy View Post
    http://www.galluppoll.com/content/default.aspx?ci=21814

According to that, it's about 66 percent.
    ib1

What is the number of college students pursuing a science major?

Studying science is hard work compared to other majors and does not allow room for errors (speculation and theories yes, but not actual errors)

Science does not pay well either

When I was a senior programmer analyst in the early 70’s, street sweeper drivers in San Francisco were paid more than people in my general classification

Additionally, the work life expectancy of programmers drops dramatically at age 25

But then the us of a imports scientists to take the jobs of scientists here because they are ‘too high paid’
    I pledge allegiance to the constitution of the United States of America as amended by the legislative and executive branches and interpreted by the Supreme Court

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by DonQuixote View Post
    ib1

What is the number of college students pursuing a science major?

Studying science is hard work compared to other majors and does not allow room for errors (speculation and theories yes, but not actual errors)

Science does not pay well either

When I was a senior programmer analyst in the early 70’s, street sweeper drivers in San Francisco were paid more than people in my general classification

Additionally, the work life expectancy of programmers drops dramatically at age 25

But then the us of a imports scientists to take the jobs of scientists here because they are ‘too high paid’
    What does that have to do with teaching kids that their whacky religious beliefs are not going to be entertained when it comes to the origins of the earth and the development of life?

This notion that creationism is to be respected as a legitimate viewpoint needs to go away. Anyone who even hints at the fact that they believe creationism or that the world is 10,000 years old is anywhere near a possibility should be thrown in a pit of rattle snakes.

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yeah and the Debt payments and Trade defecit make up at least 10% of our GDP.

Come on back now and remind how the trade defecit is a good thing....
    Bush doubled the debt from 5 trillion to 10 trillion.
    Proving tax cuts work!

Bush asked for and signed for the TARP money.
    The Republican senate leader backed Bush on this.

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Watermark View Post
    Yeah, thanks for taking care of Vietnam for me. I guess now I have to be punished for saying these things. Land of the free after all. Anyone who doesn't like it just needs to be disposed of.

We have more freedoms than anyone in the world, except for the Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Britian, Germany, Norway, Luxembourg, Monaco, Japan, South Korean, Taiwanese... and about thirty others. Gosh, you guys did so much for us, like destroy everything that the founders erronously wanted to include in our nation.
    You forgot Poland.

Oh wait, no, they have a nutty right wing government.

Sorry, you were right after all.

10. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,549 Times in 2,989 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

What does that have to do with teaching kids that their whacky religious beliefs are not going to be entertained when it comes to the origins of the earth and the development of life?

This notion that creationism is to be respected as a legitimate viewpoint needs to go away. Anyone who even hints at the fact that they believe creationism or that the world is 10,000 years old is anywhere near a possibility should be thrown in a pit of rattle snakes.
    OK, that sounds kind of like, "Anyone who even appears to be gay should be banished to a deserted island."

I am in the category you have mentioned in your post. I have a minor in Science education. I don't want to end up in a pit of rattlesnakes but would rather live where I am at, thank you.

11. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Default Fine...........

Quote Originally Posted by Watermark View Post
    Yeah, thanks for taking care of Vietnam for me. I guess now I have to be punished for saying these things. Land of the free after all. Anyone who doesn't like it just needs to be disposed of.

We have more freedoms than anyone in the world, except for the Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Britian, Germany, Norway, Luxembourg, Monaco, Japan, South Korean, Taiwanese... and about thirty others. Gosh, you guys did so much for us, like destroy everything that the founders erronously wanted to include in our nation.

If this is how you really feel just pack your shit and get waterboy!...I must warn you though that the countries you listed would not tolerate your nonsense...they would actually probably denie your visa to stay...unless you signed their manifesto!

12. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 623 Times in 562 Posts

USGED - we had a huge surpluss during the depression moron
    You should have gone to college, this is way over your trailor park head.

13. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Record numbers of millionaires and bankruptcies. Up the universe!
    Bush doubled the debt from 5 trillion to 10 trillion.
    Proving tax cuts work!

Bush asked for and signed for the TARP money.
    The Republican senate leader backed Bush on this.

14. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    OK, that sounds kind of like, "Anyone who even appears to be gay should be banished to a deserted island."

I am in the category you have mentioned in your post. I have a minor in Science education. I don't want to end up in a pit of rattlesnakes but would rather live where I am at, thank you.
    Did you go to fucking Regent University for that minor? Who the hell who has any education above kindergarten could think the world is less than 10,000 years old?

15. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,607 Times in 10,570 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Did you go to fucking Regent University for that minor? Who the hell who has any education above kindergarten could think the world is less than 10,000 years old?
    People who believe that an Omnipotent Supreme Being could easily make Billions of Years pass in days.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle