Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Billo Discovers Black People Eat In Restaurants

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Billo Discovers Black People Eat In Restaurants

much like white people! Holy shit! That's Bill O' Reilly folks, reporting from the front lines. More to come.

O'Reilly surprised "there was no difference" between Harlem restaurant and other New York restaurants
    Summary: Discussing his recent dinner with Rev. Al Sharpton at the Harlem restaurant Sylvia's, Bill O'Reilly reported that he "couldn't get over the fact that there was no difference between Sylvia's restaurant and any other restaurant in New York City. I mean, it was exactly the same, even though it's run by blacks, primarily black patronship." O'Reilly added: "There wasn't one person in Sylvia's who was screaming, 'M-Fer, I want more iced tea.' "

During the September 19 edition of his nationally syndicated radio program, discussing his recent trip to have dinner with Rev. Al Sharpton at Sylvia's, a famous restaurant in Harlem, Bill O'Reilly reported that he "had a great time, and all the people up there are tremendously respectful," adding: "I couldn't get over the fact that there was no difference between Sylvia's restaurant and any other restaurant in New York City. I mean, it was exactly the same, even though it's run by blacks, primarily black patronship." Later, during a discussion with National Public Radio senior correspondent and Fox News contributor Juan Williams about the effect of rap on culture, O'Reilly asserted: "There wasn't one person in Sylvia's who was screaming, 'M-Fer, I want more iced tea.' You know, I mean, everybody was -- it was like going into an Italian restaurant in an all-white suburb in the sense of people were sitting there, and they were ordering and having fun. And there wasn't any kind of craziness at all." O'Reilly also stated: "I think black Americans are starting to think more and more for themselves. They're getting away from the Sharptons and the [Rev. Jesse] Jacksons and the people trying to lead them into a race-based culture. They're just trying to figure it out. 'Look, I can make it. If I work hard and get educated, I can make it."

http://mediamatters.org/items/200709210007?f=h_top

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,285 Times in 27,093 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

O'Reilly reported that he "couldn't get over the fact that there was no difference between Sylvia's restaurant and any other restaurant in New York City. I mean, it was exactly the same, even though it's run by blacks, primarily black patronship." O'Reilly added: "There wasn't one person in Sylvia's who was screaming, 'M-Fer, I want more iced tea.' "

this is just pathetic.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    much like white people! Holy shit! That's Bill O' Reilly folks, reporting from the front lines. More to come.

O'Reilly surprised "there was no difference" between Harlem restaurant and other New York restaurants
    Summary: Discussing his recent dinner with Rev. Al Sharpton at the Harlem restaurant Sylvia's, Bill O'Reilly reported that he "couldn't get over the fact that there was no difference between Sylvia's restaurant and any other restaurant in New York City. I mean, it was exactly the same, even though it's run by blacks, primarily black patronship." O'Reilly added: "There wasn't one person in Sylvia's who was screaming, 'M-Fer, I want more iced tea.' "

During the September 19 edition of his nationally syndicated radio program, discussing his recent trip to have dinner with Rev. Al Sharpton at Sylvia's, a famous restaurant in Harlem, Bill O'Reilly reported that he "had a great time, and all the people up there are tremendously respectful," adding: "I couldn't get over the fact that there was no difference between Sylvia's restaurant and any other restaurant in New York City. I mean, it was exactly the same, even though it's run by blacks, primarily black patronship." Later, during a discussion with National Public Radio senior correspondent and Fox News contributor Juan Williams about the effect of rap on culture, O'Reilly asserted: "There wasn't one person in Sylvia's who was screaming, 'M-Fer, I want more iced tea.' You know, I mean, everybody was -- it was like going into an Italian restaurant in an all-white suburb in the sense of people were sitting there, and they were ordering and having fun. And there wasn't any kind of craziness at all." O'Reilly also stated: "I think black Americans are starting to think more and more for themselves. They're getting away from the Sharptons and the [Rev. Jesse] Jacksons and the people trying to lead them into a race-based culture. They're just trying to figure it out. 'Look, I can make it. If I work hard and get educated, I can make it."

http://mediamatters.org/items/200709210007?f=h_top
    Amazing

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I know it's horrible, but I can't stop laughing, because he's such a damned buffoon. What a moron. How long can he stay on the air?

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

I think it is taken out of context by people who want you to believe this. Often what Democrats say sarcastically could be taken literally like this and turned into an equal statement of stupidity. Of course, I don't listen to the program as it is on while I'm at home watching TV here.... So I am not sure on that, but seriously I doubt that he really was "surprised" by this.

The later statement was about the perceived weakening of the formerly popular icons like Sharpton. Could have have stated it better? Yeah...
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I think it is taken out of context by people who want you to believe this. Often what Democrats say sarcastically could be taken literally like this and turned into an equal statement of stupidity. Of course, I don't listen to the program as it is on while I'm at home watching TV here.... So I am not sure on that, but seriously I doubt that he really was "surprised" by this.

The later statement was about the perceived weakening of the formerly popular icons like Sharpton. Could have have stated it better? Yeah...

Its a direct quote damo:

"I couldn't get over the fact that there was no difference between Sylvia's restaurant and any other restaurant in New York City. I mean, it was exactly the same, even though it's run by blacks, primarily black patronship." ....."There wasn't one person in Sylvia's who was screaming, 'M-Fer, I want more iced tea.'

WHY was he suprised? Was he expecting patrons to yell for more "mother-f'ing" Ice Tea?

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Billo is an idiot, and those that listen to him are little better.
    Bush doubled the debt from 5 trillion to 10 trillion.
    Proving tax cuts work!

Bush asked for and signed for the TARP money.
    The Republican senate leader backed Bush on this.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post

I was prepared to agree with you, but it sounds just as stupid in context on the audio clip.
    Last edited by Epicurus; 09-25-2007 at 10:46 AM.
    There is much to be said in favour of modern journalism. By giving us the opinions of the uneducated, it keeps us in touch with the ignorance of the community.

-Oscar Wilde

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Damo, imagine a real-life situation:

I've had several black girlfriends, and have had many thanksgiving or holiday dinners with their families.

How long do you think I would have kept those girlfriends, if on the drive home I had said to her: "I just can't get over the fact that no one was yelling for more mother-f'ing ice tea, and your family was as well-mannered as a white family. Amazing!"

I would have been walking home in five seconds flat.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 287 Times in 274 Posts

Didn't he also recently say something about the "traditional" power structure in America being male & white?

" "There wasn't one person in Sylvia's who was screaming, 'M-Fer, I want more iced tea.' "

I mean...this statement is absolutely amazing.

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Damo, imagine a real-life situation:

I've had several black girlfriends, and have had many thanksgiving or holiday dinners with their families.

How long do you think I would have kept those girlfriends, if on the drive home I had said to her: "I just can't get over the fact that no one was yelling for more mother-f'ing ice tea, and your family was as well-mannered as a white family. Amazing!"

I would have been walking home in five seconds flat.
    Lmao me too.
    There is much to be said in favour of modern journalism. By giving us the opinions of the uneducated, it keeps us in touch with the ignorance of the community.

-Oscar Wilde

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Its a direct quote damo:

"I couldn't get over the fact that there was no difference between Sylvia's restaurant and any other restaurant in New York City. I mean, it was exactly the same, even though it's run by blacks, primarily black patronship." ....."There wasn't one person in Sylvia's who was screaming, 'M-Fer, I want more iced tea.'

WHY was he suprised? Was he expecting patrons to yell for more "mother-f'ing" Ice Tea?
    As I said, taken out of context and without sound you cannot hear what he was talking about....

Such as...

Somebody jokes how it must have been so different... (clearly sarcastically)

He says:

Well, I couldn't get over the fact (sarcasm) that it wasn't any different.... blah.

Yet you take a three hour show, take a remark entirely out of its context and pretend it was all of the show? Come on. I know you know what I am talking about. I seriously doubt he was "surprised" about this.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Oh well. As I said, I don't hear the show so I can't actually know. I just doubt that the guy was surprised.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Listen to the audio tape on the link.

He still sounds condescending as shit.

-Oscar Wilde

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Warren View Post
    Listen to the audio tape on the link.

He still sounds condescending as shit.
    Where is it at? I'd certainly apologize if it really is in context and that was really how he meant all of this.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle