Thread: Democrats failing to pass anti-war bill

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Democrats failing to pass anti-war bill

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070921/ap_on_go_co/us_iraq

Failing to muster the support, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid says the war now belonged to Republicans and vowed they would have to go on record again and again as siding with President Bush. He scheduled a vote Friday on legislation by Sen. Carl Levin, D-Mich., that would order combat troops home in nine months......
    On Wednesday, the Senate blocked legislation by Sen. Jim Webb, D-Va., that would have guaranteed troops more time at home; it fell by a 56-44 vote with 60 votes needed to advance. On Thursday, the Senate blocked legislation sponsored by Reid and Sen. Russ Feingold, D-Wis., that would have cut off funding for combat in June 2008. That measure failed by a 70-28 vote, 32 votes short of 60........

I hope the ones that voted against these measures rot in hell. Especially this ass kissing Bush apologist:

"If we leave, we will be back — in Iraq and elsewhere — in many more desperate fights to protect our security and at an even greater cost in American lives and treasure," said Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., the top Republican on the Armed Services Committee.

Noted:

Despite McCain's constant whining and pathetic attempts to stand up to Bush as usual he falls in line like the weak minded political sheep he is.
    "Fuck you niggers" July 11, 2009 Tinfoil explaining how conservatives are unfairly labeled as racists.

"You deserve to be beheaded and for your head to placed on a pike, in the middle of the park, where children can see what happens to those that act the way you do." August 5, 2009 USFreedom911's response to a left leaning opinion.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

But to be fair Repugnicans are hard at work:

"On Thursday, Republicans successfully pushed through a resolution condemning an advertisement by the liberal activist group MoveOn.org. Displayed in The New York Times, the ad taunted Petraeus as "General Betray Us.""

I mean, I don't know about you but I have not been able to sleep since this thing aired. This is like sooooooooooo much more important than bringing our troops home.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Lets not forget this traitor!

All 49 Democrats and one independent who caucuses with them -- Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont -- supported Wednesday's measure. The chamber's other independent, Connecticut Sen. Joseph Lieberman -- who also caucuses with Democrats -- voted with Republicans on the measure.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,131 Times in 9,660 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LadyT View Post
    Lets not forget this traitor!

All 49 Democrats and one independent who caucuses with them -- Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont -- supported Wednesday's measure. The chamber's other independent, Connecticut Sen. Joseph Lieberman -- who also caucuses with Democrats -- voted with Republicans on the measure.

This war has Joementum!

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 287 Times in 274 Posts

But to be fair Repugnicans are hard at work:

"On Thursday, Republicans successfully pushed through a resolution condemning an advertisement by the liberal activist group MoveOn.org. Displayed in The New York Times, the ad taunted Petraeus as "General Betray Us.""

I mean, I don't know about you but I have not been able to sleep since this thing aired. This is like sooooooooooo much more important than bringing our troops home.
    This kind of stuff, to me, is intolerable. If they're going to waste time on this garbage, where is the resolution condemning Paul Wolfowicz, for taking decades off of our shelf-life as a superpower? Or against Bush, for lying about "Curveball" and bio-weapons labs in a State of the Union speech to mislead a country into war? Or Dick Cheney, for redefining the term "chickenhawk?"

I hope every single Senator who voted for this gets ousted when they're up for re-election. Not gonna happen, but one can hope.

Especially Lieberman. That guy turns my stomach....

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Onceler View Post
    This kind of stuff, to me, is intolerable. If they're going to waste time on this garbage, where is the resolution condemning Paul Wolfowicz, for taking decades off of our shelf-life as a superpower? Or against Bush, for lying about "Curveball" and bio-weapons labs in a State of the Union speech to mislead a country into war? Or Dick Cheney, for redefining the term "chickenhawk?"

I hope every single Senator who voted for this gets ousted when they're up for re-election. Not gonna happen, but one can hope.

Especially Lieberman. That guy turns my stomach....
    Mine too.

I was surprised to see Hillary work up the courage to show up and vote against it. Obama avoided the whole thing by not showing. The entire thing was so disgusting that the only thing that picked me up last night was that Olbermann did a comment on this, and he really blasted them all. He said the things that have been driving me crazy because no one in the media is pointing them out.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"Olbermann did a comment on this, and he really blasted them all. He said the things that have been driving me crazy because no one in the media is pointing them out."

He generally comments when he's really pissed about something, and he generally says exactly what I'm thinking, only in a more articulate way. I'll have to try to find that one on the internet...

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070921/ap_on_go_co/us_iraq

Failing to muster the support, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid says the war now belonged to Republicans and vowed they would have to go on record again and again as siding with President Bush. He scheduled a vote Friday on legislation by Sen. Carl Levin, D-Mich., that would order combat troops home in nine months......
    On Wednesday, the Senate blocked legislation by Sen. Jim Webb, D-Va., that would have guaranteed troops more time at home; it fell by a 56-44 vote with 60 votes needed to advance. On Thursday, the Senate blocked legislation sponsored by Reid and Sen. Russ Feingold, D-Wis., that would have cut off funding for combat in June 2008. That measure failed by a 70-28 vote, 32 votes short of 60........

I hope the ones that voted against these measures rot in hell. Especially this ass kissing Bush apologist:

"If we leave, we will be back — in Iraq and elsewhere — in many more desperate fights to protect our security and at an even greater cost in American lives and treasure," said Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., the top Republican on the Armed Services Committee.

Noted:

Despite McCain's constant whining and pathetic attempts to stand up to Bush as usual he falls in line like the weak minded political sheep he is.
    The fact that they hide behind our soldiers, using them as political cover, while at the same time completely screwing them so badly, is what gets me so enraged. A lot of these guys are at the end of their ropes. If some of these war apologists were in the field there, I have little doubt they'd get a bullet in their heads. Unfortuntely, they're here. Talking big. From here.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Onceler View Post
    "Olbermann did a comment on this, and he really blasted them all. He said the things that have been driving me crazy because no one in the media is pointing them out."

He generally comments when he's really pissed about something, and he generally says exactly what I'm thinking, only in a more articulate way. I'll have to try to find that one on the internet...
    Yeah try and watch it Onceler. He does exactly what you describe here.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    Mine too.

I was surprised to see Hillary work up the courage to show up and vote against it. Obama avoided the whole thing by not showing. The entire thing was so disgusting that the only thing that picked me up last night was that Olbermann did a comment on this, and he really blasted them all. He said the things that have been driving me crazy because no one in the media is pointing them out.
    RU serious? He didn't even vote for it? What an a$$. He's on the $hit list. Too little too late for Hillary in my book, but I'm a little suprised at Obama to be honest.

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

RU serious? He didn't even vote for it? What an a$$. He's on the $hit list. Too little too late for Hillary in my book, but I'm a little suprised at Obama to be honest.
    I mean the moveon amendment Tiana, he didn't show up for that vote. He voted for the Webb bill.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The fact that they hide behind our soldiers, using them as political cover, while at the same time completely screwing them so badly, is what gets me so enraged. A lot of these guys are at the end of their ropes. If some of these war apologists were in the field there, I have little doubt they'd get a bullet in their heads. Unfortuntely, they're here. Talking big. From here.
    Preaching to the choir.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I mean the moveon amendment Tiana, he didn't show up for that vote. He voted for the Webb bill.
    Oh! Well that I understand. The entire show was stupid. Okay. He's still a contender.
    "Fuck you niggers" July 11, 2009 Tinfoil explaining how conservatives are unfairly labeled as racists.

"You deserve to be beheaded and for your head to placed on a pike, in the middle of the park, where children can see what happens to those that act the way you do." August 5, 2009 USFreedom911's response to a left leaning opinion.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So, the Senate is ticked off because MoveOn questioned the patriotism of
    Gen. Petraeus.

I certainly expect a similar resolution in the next few weeks condemning one of their own, Sen. Saxby Chambliss, for calling to question the patriotism & courage of his former opponent for the seat, triple-amputee Max Cleland.

How about some bi-partisan false outrage, fellows?

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

On Thursday, the Senate blocked legislation sponsored by Reid and Sen. Russ Feingold, D-Wis., that would have cut off funding for combat in June 2008. That measure failed by a 70-28 vote, 32 votes short of 60........
    Only 28 voted for it, and it is the Rs fault? That is a major stretch.

And the first vote wasn't a vote to end the war.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle