Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Republicans Love Black People

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Republicans Love Black People

All appearances to the contrary. How do I know?

Because none of them have ever come out and said "Boy, do I hate black people" while being interviewed by Tim Russert.

Former Tennessee Senator Fred Thompson has become the fourth leading GOP presidential candidate to shun the PBS debate this month at a historically black college in Baltimore, the Huffington Post has learned.

The debates, moderated by Tavis Smiley, will go on as planned, despite the absence of Thompson, former mayor Rudy Giuliani, former governor Mitt Romney, and Sen. John McCain. Each campaign cited scheduling issues as the reason for their absence. Nevertheless, the rejections underscore the consistent absence of GOP candidates at minority voter forums.

"There is a pattern here," Smiley told the Huffington Post. "When you tell every black and brown request that you get throughout the primary process that 'no, there's a scheduling problem.' That's a pattern... Are we really supposed to believe that all four of these guys couldn't make it because of scheduling?"

The Republican frontrunners' snubbing of Smiley and PBS comes on the heels of their rejection of a debate sponsored by the Spanish-language network Univision (McCain was the only GOP candidate to accept that invitation). This past June, only one Republican presidential candidate, California Rep. Duncan Hunter, showed up at the convention of the National Association of Latino Elected & Appointed Officials.

"It's not just that they are not coming. It's that some of them are visibly insulting us," Cecilia Munoz, vice president of NCLR, told the Politico.

According to Smiley, the Thompson campaign knew about the debate - taking place at 9 pm on September 27 at Morgan State University- well before he declared his candidacy. Former RNC Chairman Ken Mehlman chose the date because it worked best for all the potential candidates, Smiley said.

An official on Thompson's staff called up the PBS host on Monday to deliver the message.

"I told them I thought they were making a grave mistake and I thought they should reconsider," said Smiley. The Thompson campaign did not respond for a request for comment by the time of print.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/0...tml?view=print

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

They have historically tried to target black people to keep them off the voting rolls.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,630 Times in 874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 39 Times in 33 Posts

There is no payoff for most of these guys Desh. They know that the majority of black voters will not vote for ANY of them and that the small group of conservative black voters that do vote for them will whether they go or not.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,287 Times in 27,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

The GOP has pretty much given up on the black vote.

I'm frankly shocked that the neaderthals in their party have been going out of their way to alienate hispanics, and muslim americans: two demographics that were ripe for the picking for them.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hey, Ron Paul said he'd go!
    You Are Not So Smart Podcast - A celebration of Self-Delusion

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    The GOP has pretty much given up on the black vote.

I'm frankly shocked that the neaderthals in their party have been going out of their way to alienate hispanics, and muslim americans: two demographics that were ripe for the picking for them.
    I'm surprised on the Hispanics.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDave View Post
    Hey, Ron Paul said he'd go!
    LOL

Yes, he did.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'd be surprised if Tancredo also rejected them. He showed up to earlier ones, the only candidate....
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I'd be surprised if Tancredo also rejected them. He showed up to earlier ones, the only candidate....
    He is going. It is only the frontrunners who said no. Thompson, McCain, Rudy and Romney.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

I remember seeing Tancredo alone on a stage with 9 other empty podiums. He laughs about that one and tells me that the participants made him feel welcome and would gladly do it again. That was why I was going to be very surprised of Tancredo wasn't also going. At least this time there will be two podiums.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,865 Times in 7,323 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 785 Times in 732 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hispanics are very conservative value wise, hence the Republican party speaks to them more usually. Bush made a move towards this base with his weak stance on illegal immigration.

Does the Republican party hate black people? Certain members do, that much I am certain. They're policies and initatives however don't reflect any sort of racist motives (currently, historically things are odviously differant). Democrats claim to champion minority rights. In certain area's they do as well. But they are really no more for minorities than the Republicans are, only in differant ways.
    WATERMARK, GREATEST OF THE TRINITY, ON CHIK-FIL-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.
    www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Umm hispanics are becoming less conservative in many ways. Traditionally they have been Catholic, but more and more are embracing the pentecostal variety of Christianity.
    Bush doubled the debt from 5 trillion to 10 trillion.
    Proving tax cuts work!

Bush asked for and signed for the TARP money.
    The Republican senate leader backed Bush on this.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hispanics do make good servants.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    All appearances to the contrary. How do I know?

Because none of them have ever come out and said "Boy, do I hate black people" while being interviewed by Tim Russert.

Former Tennessee Senator Fred Thompson has become the fourth leading GOP presidential candidate to shun the PBS debate this month at a historically black college in Baltimore, the Huffington Post has learned.

The debates, moderated by Tavis Smiley, will go on as planned, despite the absence of Thompson, former mayor Rudy Giuliani, former governor Mitt Romney, and Sen. John McCain. Each campaign cited scheduling issues as the reason for their absence. Nevertheless, the rejections underscore the consistent absence of GOP candidates at minority voter forums.

"There is a pattern here," Smiley told the Huffington Post. "When you tell every black and brown request that you get throughout the primary process that 'no, there's a scheduling problem.' That's a pattern... Are we really supposed to believe that all four of these guys couldn't make it because of scheduling?"

The Republican frontrunners' snubbing of Smiley and PBS comes on the heels of their rejection of a debate sponsored by the Spanish-language network Univision (McCain was the only GOP candidate to accept that invitation). This past June, only one Republican presidential candidate, California Rep. Duncan Hunter, showed up at the convention of the National Association of Latino Elected & Appointed Officials.

"It's not just that they are not coming. It's that some of them are visibly insulting us," Cecilia Munoz, vice president of NCLR, told the Politico.

According to Smiley, the Thompson campaign knew about the debate - taking place at 9 pm on September 27 at Morgan State University- well before he declared his candidacy. Former RNC Chairman Ken Mehlman chose the date because it worked best for all the potential candidates, Smiley said.

An official on Thompson's staff called up the PBS host on Monday to deliver the message.

"I told them I thought they were making a grave mistake and I thought they should reconsider," said Smiley. The Thompson campaign did not respond for a request for comment by the time of print.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/0...tml?view=print
    I find this really disappointing. The Repubilcans need to be the one's to reach out to the black community and share why their ideas and beliefs deserve support. They will not change minds over night but they need to lay the ground work and this is the type of fourm to do it in.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I find this really disappointing. The Repubilcans need to be the one's to reach out to the black community and share why their ideas and beliefs deserve support. They will not change minds over night but they need to lay the ground work and this is the type of fourm to do it in.
    Well, try emailing them and telling them you're disappointed Cawacko. You will probably only get a form response though. That's what I get when I email the bastards.