Thread: It's time to retire the N-word -- for everyone

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,331 Times in 1,523 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 139 Times in 129 Posts

Default Re: It's time to retire the N-word -- for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Classic Liberal View Post
    The "other schools" are all bankrupted moron !!!!
    And the.ONLY reason they are " bankrupted" is because.they rely.on local funding... poor.people don't have it to fund their schools..rich.and even Middle.class neighborhoods do.

Rural white kids.often suffer the same fate....but they have something city kids don't....land to hunt.on, streams.to fish in, and a garden to make up the difference. Everything a poor urban people need revolves around money and the ability to buy what the poor rural kid can harvest.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steelplate View Post
    And the.ONLY reason they are " bankrupted" is because.they rely.on local funding... poor.people don't have it to fund their schools..rich.and even Middle.class neighborhoods do.

Rural white kids.often suffer the same fate....but they have something city kids don't....land to hunt.on, streams.to fish in, and a garden to make up the difference. Everything a poor urban people need revolves around money and the ability to buy what the poor rural kid can harvest.
    Not following here Steel. The discussion was "schools of thought" not actual physical schools kids go to.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,354 Times in 1,809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,133 Times in 4,488 Posts
    Blog Entries

You bet your ass I have issues with all y’all fucking politically correct morons.

When the blacks stop being racist bastards, there will be damn little racism left in America. The vast, vast majority of whites have gone far, far past racism, it’s the fucking blacks that perpetuate it. Haven’t you figured that out yet Honky????
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3592528.html

Say the n-word, and this is what might happen to you.

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yeah I know, there’s nothing racist and separatist about the NAACP, Congressional Black Caucus, United National Negro College Fund, The Hoods, The Black Panthers and OJ slitting two white folks throats. Funny ain’t it how black men want to marry white women then kill them, huh? Funny how black folk claim all they want is ”integration” and then they form institutions to ”segregate” themselves from the rest of society, huh?

It’s standard procedure to be called a racist when we point out black racism? Identifying black racism isn’t politically correct according to the black and white brain-dead leftist brainwashed wussies, but it’s holier than thou to call honest white folks racist. If racism was music, you’d be a whole fucking orchestra.
    Excuse me? The NAACP was formed to counter the KKK. The CBC is the counter to the Republican "White" Congress. The UNCF is a self-help org., designed to help disadvantaged black college candidates as opposed to being refused assistance and admittance to predominantly "white" and "discriminatory" institutions of higher learning.
    And excuse me, O.J. was married to Nicole Simpson, who evidently thought his "stuff" was better than your average "white stuff". O.J. Simpson is now being dealt "karma". The same karma that will catch up to you, with your racist and evil mindset.
    Funny, how blacks struggle to see themselves in position of power and authority, in any capacity in magazines, television, sports management, law enforcement hierarchy, etc....
    There is no "black racism" to speak of. Perhaps you can point it out. Sorry, but I don't abide racism, white privilege, or stupidity. And you seem to possess all three.

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by poet View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3592528.html

Say the n-word, and this is what might happen to you.
    "After seeing the extent of the damage, Reddish tried to leave the scene, according to police, but was arrested a few blocks away and booked for misdemeanor assault."

Nincompoop
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 550 Posts

Replying to title alone;

It's time we all accept terminology and stop using/receiving it as a bad thing.

Tell me where curse words came from. Most would say Church but that isn't true. It's all Social classes against other social classes. "You shouldn't use that term, we use this one". Most terminology hatred is basic class/culture warfare.

Why is "jackass" not ok for my kid to say? It's in my bible. My bible teaches me not to use profanity, or "unfit words in a sentence" such as "gosh darn" or "golly gee".

I tend to think words always have one definition. I tend to think that over time people find this word unfit because the definition is somehow "dirty" such as "It use to be shit, it use to be poop, it use to be poo, it is now dookie, it is now #2"

Lets move this onto the class I can relate to. "You are retarded". Should someone be able to say this to someone that is retarded??? OBVIOUSLY it depends on the context. But should a retarded person always be offensive about using the term retarded? Or should they accept it and be happy.

I have a family member with an issue. I will not teach that person to treat that issue as a dirty word. I will teach them to OWN that issue, accept being different and to only judge people who use that term that describes her in a derogatory manner.

I am not telling blacks to accept whites and others using the N Bomb. I am simply wondering why it's ok for them to use it and no one else. That is not equality. It's either a derogatory term, or it's an ok term for EVERYONE. Class warfare is what slavery was and what so many Americans fought and died to stop.

If it's acceptable, then so be it. If it's not, so be it. Inequality is what made the slaves to begin with.
    "Democrats will make you go broke on welfare but Republicans will make you go broke on warfare"~Papa

"Once you submit to a political party you start justifying the terrible parts of that party to win"~Me

"Anyone certain, is mistaken."~Best Political Quote Ever

"People who don't understand the necessity for guns, don't follow the Constitution. People who don't understand the necessity to regulate gun ownership, do not follow the Constitution."~Me

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Party View Post
    Replying to title alone;

It's time we all accept terminology and stop using/receiving it as a bad thing.

Tell me where curse words came from. Most would say Church but that isn't true. It's all Social classes against other social classes. "You shouldn't use that term, we use this one". Most terminology hatred is basic class/culture warfare.

Why is "jackass" not ok for my kid to say? It's in my bible. My bible teaches me not to use profanity, or "unfit words in a sentence" such as "gosh darn" or "golly gee".

I tend to think words always have one definition. I tend to think that over time people find this word unfit because the definition is somehow "dirty" such as "It use to be shit, it use to be poop, it use to be poo, it is now dookie, it is now #2"

Lets move this onto the class I can relate to. "You are retarded". Should someone be able to say this to someone that is retarded??? OBVIOUSLY it depends on the context. But should a retarded person always be offensive about using the term retarded? Or should they accept it and be happy.

I have a family member with an issue. I will not teach that person to treat that issue as a dirty word. I will teach them to OWN that issue, accept being different and to only judge people who use that term that describes her in a derogatory manner.

I am not telling blacks to accept whites and others using the N Bomb. I am simply wondering why it's ok for them to use it and no one else. That is not equality. It's either a derogatory term, or it's an ok term for EVERYONE. Class warfare is what slavery was and what so many Americans fought and died to stop.

If it's acceptable, then so be it. If it's not, so be it. Inequality is what made the slaves to begin with.

Great. It's not nice or anyone's place to tell anyone anything, being sentient human beings, with unalienable rights. The only thing I can tell you is that during the 60's and 70's, the Black Power Movement happened, and one of the consequences of it was that blacks decided to "reclaim" the n-word and change its' meaning from negative to, if not "positive" to "neutral", by using it "ubiquitously" and frequently as a greeting or in everyday discourse. It became germane to rap and hip hop music and some spoken word. We could use the word among ourselves, but when whites use it, the old context remains, which makes it hurtful, and incites negative emotions. It has run afoul with many blacks, usually educated and upper to middle class. Simply put...whites cannot use the word without it being derogatory. So why would you use it, or want to?

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,182 Times in 1,821 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 610 Times in 560 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Not following here Steel. The discussion was "schools of thought" not actual physical schools kids go to.
    Steelplate is a fucking iron-headed moron!!!!
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,182 Times in 1,821 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 610 Times in 560 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by poet View Post
    Great. It's not nice or anyone's place to tell anyone anything, being sentient human beings, with unalienable rights. The only thing I can tell you is that during the 60's and 70's, the Black Power Movement happened, and one of the consequences of it was that blacks decided to "reclaim" the n-word and change its' meaning from negative to, if not "positive" to "neutral", by using it "ubiquitously" and frequently as a greeting or in everyday discourse. It became germane to rap and hip hop music and some spoken word. We could use the word among ourselves, but when whites use it, the old context remains, which makes it hurtful, and incites negative emotions. It has run afoul with many blacks, usually educated and upper to middle class. Simply put...whites cannot use the word without it being derogatory. So why would you use it, or want to?
    Blacks are the most racist race in America today and the fucking race-baiters Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are two of the worst fucking racist bastards on planet earth!!!!!
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

10. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,774 Times in 27,248 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    the only person you can control the lips and lungs of is YOURSELF.

marching around insisting people don't use a word that has so many deep meanings to so many people will lead to nothing but disappointment.

for one you will never have success and for another reason this word MEANS things in private to black people.

when me and my girls get together it is not unheard of for us to call each other bitch in the most endearing terms of all.

In a gaggle of certain aged women if you say to your girl friend "you are one awesome bitch" everyone knows what you mean.

Some Black people use the Nword the same way.

its not something a stranger can do.

Its not something a guy they don't know very well can do.

WHY is it sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo painful for some on the right to just accept there is something black people can do that we are not allowed to do?

We built this country on the backs of people we treated like cattle.

Our fore fathers could have very well built this country without doing that.

other forefathers treated the children of these slaves like non humans for generations.

Now people in some places still hunt their children down for walking with skittles while black and shoot them.

the least you could do is quit whining about not being able to use a word in open public.

I to this day don't know what it was that Butter lady said but she has no constitutional rights to good press for her products.

I do remember some stupid thing about her wanting to do a plantation party where the servers were all black.

How could anyone say THAT out loud and not think they were racist?

Think about that one.

You think the people you will hire will be happy when they realize what you had planned?
    this

11. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

12. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Did you even read the article Desh? This was written by a black woman (a feminist and Democratic one at that). I already stated hers was one of many opinions on the issue. I never stated hers was the only one.

Did you find any irony that this black woman is saying no one should use the n-word and yet a white woman (you) is saying there is nothing wrong with blacks saying it (even if it is only in private)? And you're really comparing woman saying "bitches" to each other to the n-word?

I'm not sure what gave you the idea that this article has anything to do with me thinking white people should be able to use the word. A truly honest question, what part of the subject (It's time to retire the n-word - for everyone) or my comments before the article gave you the impression that I wanted white people to be able to say the word?

Desh I'm well aware of the history of the word. I said multiple times on a thread right below this, which I know read, that white people should never use it and now you're attempting to lecture me on why white people shouldn't use?

This post isn't about the "right" Desh. It's about Americans. And as for Ms. Greene's comment that calling people racist today is as American as apple pie because here you are doing it again.

I never once said your name asshole

youjust saw your self in it

13. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    I never once said your name asshole

youjust saw your self in it
    You went grave digging for this? Why?

14. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,912 Times in 3,648 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,102 Times in 1,032 Posts

The "N" word is actually very useful .
    Stupid racists will identify themselves by using it thinking it furthers their cause.
    Racists are incredibly stupid.
    We have the intellect to imagine the finality of our own demise but do not have the sophistication to overcome our survival instinct and accept it.
    Solution? Magical thinking and childish promises of everlasting life.
    Ergo, religion.

rac·ist
    rāsəst/noun
    a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.
    Ask yourself honestly if this describes what you believe to be true.
    If the answer is yes, you are a racist.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Leonthecat For This Post:

evince (10-22-2016)

16. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries