Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Men Who Will Be Needing Their Hands

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Men Who Will Be Needing Their Hands

Once word of this gets out in their hometowns.

Whatever the merits, you're not getting any of you are whining that women are getting half-priced drinks and you're not...trust me.

'Ladies' Night' Lawsuits on the Rocks?
    The Age-Old Tradition Is Threatened by Lawsuits Nationwide
    By BRITTANY BACON
    July 25, 2007 —

Lawsuits could be putting "Ladies' Nights" at bars and clubs across the country on the rocks.

In about two dozen cases, plaintiffs contend these drink and admission deals for women constitute discrimination against men and should be banned.

Roy Den Hollander is a New York lawyer who says Ladies' Night drinks and admission specials are unconstitutional, and he says he's suffered personally. Hollander is also a graduate of Columbia Business School and seems like a guy who should be able to get into a decent bar and afford the drinks. So what irks him?

"I'm tired of having my rights violated and being treated as a second-class citizen," said Hollander, who is seeking class-action status for his suit in federal court.

Tim Gleason, general manager of the China Club in New York, calls Hollander's complaint "pathetic" and echoes other club owners who argue that the discounts actually help both sexes by balancing out the ratio between men and women. Nevermind that some men are more than happy to pay for inequality in the ratio department.

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=3412561&page=1

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

You have a right to cheap alcohol?
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,284 Times in 27,093 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Are there still men who look for love and dates at "Bars"?

I can't recall ever dating someone I met at a bar.

Maybe Cawacko's still into that. That whole bar dating thing was never my scene.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    You have a right to cheap alcohol?
    The bar owners have a right to offer cheap alchohol, but that's not my point. I specifically said "whatever the merits", if you are a man and you filed this suit, you're a loser. One of those guys whining about women get special treatment and have it so great. Those guys never get laid. That's just a fact.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    The bar owners have a right to offer cheap alchohol, but that's not my point. I specifically said "whatever the merits", if you are a man and you filed this suit, you're a loser. One of those guys whining about women get special treatment and have it so great. Those guys never get laid. That's just a fact.
    I was making fun of the guy who was suing.

Second class citizen indeed.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

One of those guys whining about women get special treatment and have it so great. Those guys never get laid.

AssHatZombie!

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post

Maybe Cawacko's still into that. That whole bar dating thing was never my scene.
    Cawacko probably doesn't bitch about women paying less for drinks, but we'll have to ask him.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

One of those guys whining about women get special treatment and have it so great. Those guys never get laid.

AssHatZombie!
    Oh, that is the perfect example, thank you!

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I was making fun of the guy who was suing.

Second class citizen indeed.
    Oh, sorry, I misunderstood.

10. #10 | Top
    TRGLDTE Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    "I'm tired of having my rights violated and being treated as a second-class citizen," said Hollander, who is seeking class-action status for his suit in federal court.
    The whiner is probably angling for a settlement.

He deserves to be branded with a big L on his forehead, that particular symbol denoting "LOSER!"

The previous suits in which these types of complaints have gained traction all refer to the principle of equal protection under the law, and equal application of the law, under whichever government is governed by that particular constitution (Federal or State). Since a private agreement between a bar and a patron is private commerce, not law, the Federal court would err in granting certiorari to this case.

In a non-politically correct world, in a Constitutionally bound world, not one in which the federal governemt has overreached its authorized powers, this would be thrown out on its face as completely lacking merit.
    Last edited by TRGLDTE; 07-26-2007 at 10:09 AM. Reason: correct the spelling of the latin word

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Seems tolme, the bar owners have the right to charge what they want to who the want. and if you don't like it, get out.
    PRE-EMINENT BUSH BASHER and proud of it (no appologies)

An Italian Confusious Say: "He who throweth mud, losith ground"

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If it didn't work, as men didn't want to pay that 'extra' for their drinks, they would stop doing it.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

The last three weddings I've been too were all people who met in bars. As I've gotten older I've haven't gone to bars as much but I still do it and if I meet someone great there that's fine with me.

As far as this "guy" who filed this lawsuit if I ever met him I would literally kick him in the balls as hard as I could. F*cking idiot.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    The last three weddings I've been too were all people who met in bars. As I've gotten older I've haven't gone to bars as much but I still do it and if I meet someone great there that's fine with me.

As far as this "guy" who filed this lawsuit if I ever met him I would literally kick him in the balls as hard as I could. F*cking idiot.
    LOL

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post

For real?

I think the last time I went into a bar, with any remote intentions of hooking up, was about 20 years ago. And I've had plenty of girlfriends, but not a single one I met in a bar.

Different strokes, different folks.