Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ohio 'voter fraud' billboards taken down because sponsor refused to identify self

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,225 Times in 2,940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 343 Times in 329 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bravo View Post
    Yeah....we don't want people to find out voter fraud is a felony.....better to have them think its a joke and just another
    way to win an election.....

What will they think of next.....billboards telling the people smoking causes cancer.....?......
    Now why would anyone be afraid to note their endorsement of such a position on smoking? Does smoking only cause cancer in poor neighborhoods?
    Leviticus 19:33 And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not do him wrong. 34 The stranger that sojourneth with you shall be unto you as the homeborn among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Timshel For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (10-22-2012)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

bravo picks some really bad hills. Whoever was behind the billboards is not even willing to defend them.
    Leviticus 19:33 And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not do him wrong. 34 The stranger that sojourneth with you shall be unto you as the homeborn among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Timshel For This Post:

Phantasmal (10-22-2012)

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,188 Times in 25,723 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

"Private family foundation." Sounds like something the odious Dick Scaife would do.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

6. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Phantasmal (10-22-2012)

7. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

How many billboards have you seen in "rich" areas of town? Seriously. I don't think there is one in the "rich" areas of town anywhere I have ever seen. Is this a case of somebody attempting to say that somebody did this in specific areas when they really had no other options?

(I'm not kidding, do rich city people let billboards go up at all in their neighborhoods?)
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

8. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 75 Times in 61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cannabis View Post
    i don't understand what the outcry is about? is voter fraud not a felony?
    Voter fraud is a myth.

Idiot.

9. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    How many billboards have you seen in "rich" areas of town? Seriously. I don't think there is one in the "rich" areas of town anywhere I have ever seen. Is this a case of somebody attempting to say that somebody did this in specific areas when they really had no other options?

(I'm not kidding, do rich city people let billboards go up at all in their neighborhoods?)
    My guess is your just not paying attenton. God knows we have them here in Dublin and I see them in both Powel and New Albany and in Westerville. Those are the four communities in the Columbus area with the highest household incomes.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well, the original says "low-income minority" neighborhoods. There are certainly billboards near middle income neighborhoods and near low income non minority neighborhoods. So even if your assertion is correct your conclusion fails because you are ignoring the facts as stated. You know what that is called???

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheRocketSurgeon View Post
    Well, the original says "low-income minority" neighborhoods. There are certainly billboards near middle income neighborhoods and near low income non minority neighborhoods. So even if your assertion is correct your conclusion fails because you are ignoring the facts as stated. You know what that is called???
    I wouldn't say 'certainly'... there are ZERO in the south suburbs of Denver. They are not allowed in most of them. Even along the highways outside my office, ZERO.

Obviously it depends on the city and the regs of each city.

Tell me... how does saying 'voter fraud is punishable by fines/prison' discourage legal voters? How does this 'intimidate' voters?

Are you suggesting that people in low income areas simply aren't intelligent enough to know if they are voting legally? I think this goes to show just how racist many Dems are. They think the inner city people are too stupid to vote on their own. Too stupid to get an ID. Too stupid to know their rights. Dems... the party of racists.
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

12. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,673 Times in 7,368 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,968 Times in 1,784 Posts

Ridiculous.

Here in Houston there are a number of "rich" enclaves scattered across town and each and every one of them has some billboard signage.

13. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    I wouldn't say 'certainly'... there are ZERO in the south suburbs of Denver. They are not allowed in most of them. Even along the highways outside my office, ZERO.

Tell me... how does saying 'voter fraud is punishable by fines/prison' discourage legal voters? How does this 'intimidate' voters?

Are you suggesting that people in low income areas simply aren't intelligent enough to know if they are voting legally? I think this goes to show just how racist many Dems are. They think the inner city people are too stupid to vote on their own. Too stupid to get an ID. Too stupid to know their rights. Dems... the party of racists.

Really? Then why won't the people who's adds these are identify themselves if their motives are as pure as the driven snow? Hmmm?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

Bonestorm (10-22-2012)

15. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post

Really? Then why won't the people who's adds these are identify themselves if their motives are as pure as the driven snow? Hmmm?
    Why do you think those signs are 'intimidating'??? Do you really think people in the inner city are that stupid that they don't know if they are legally able to vote or not? Why do you hate them so much and think so little of them?
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

16. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,673 Times in 7,368 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,968 Times in 1,784 Posts

That's ridiculous!

I've driven C-470 around to 287 or I-70 numerous times and there are HUNDREDS of billboards along C-470!

17. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Why do you think those signs are 'intimidating'??? Do you really think people in the inner city are that stupid that they don't know if they are legally able to vote or not? Why do you hate them so much and think so little of them?
    Let me ask you this. What was the purpose of those signs when the rate of Voter fraud in Ohio is 0.01 per year and those sign just coincidently (sarcasm intended) showed up in poor minority neighborhoods? Why did they feel minorities needed to be reminded about a problem that doesn't exist?

18. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Let me ask you this. What was the purpose of those signs when the rate of Voter fraud in Ohio is 0.01 per year and those sign just coincidently (sarcasm intended) showed up in poor minority neighborhoods? Why did they feel minorities needed to be reminded about a problem that doesn't exist?
    Do you really think people in the inner city are that stupid that they don't know if they are legally able to vote or not? Why do you hate them so much and think so little of them?
    Quote from Cypress:

19. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZappasGuitar View Post
    That's ridiculous!

I've driven C-470 around to 287 or I-70 numerous times and there are HUNDREDS of billboards along C-470!
    I70 runs on the north side of downtown, it does not run through the south suburbs that I mentioned. C470 does not have billboards along the portions that runs through the south suburbs either. Neither does hwy 287... that runs through the heart of downtown... again... not the southern suburbs. You simply don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote from Cypress: