Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38

Thread: ohio 'voter fraud' billboards taken down because sponsor refused to identify self

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Lompoc, Ca
    Posts
    8,290
    Thanks
    1,163
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 1,060 Posts
    Groans
    311
    Groaned 265 Times in 237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default ohio 'voter fraud' billboards taken down because sponsor refused to identify self

    the sponsor turned out to be publicity shy over their 'message'

    CLEVELAND (Reuters) - More than 140 billboards in Ohio and Wisconsin warning of the criminal consequences of voter fraud will be taken down starting on Monday after the sponsor chose to remove them rather than reveal its identity, the billboard owner said.
    The billboards, which show a large judge's gavel and read "Voter Fraud is a felony - up to 3 ½ years and a $10,000 fine," went up primarily in low-income minority neighborhoods in early October, just weeks before the November 6 elections, and were immediately criticized by voter rights groups as an attempt to intimidate minority voters.
    The sponsor was not identified on the billboards owned by Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings Inc. The company said this was a violation of its policy against anonymous political ads.
    After discussions, the sponsor, whom Clear Channel Outdoor has called a "private family foundation" but declined to name, "thought the best solution was to take the boards down, so we are in the process of removing them," the company said in a statement.
    Crews on Monday will begin taking down 30 billboards in Cleveland, 30 in Columbus and 85 in Milwaukee, Jim Cullinan, vice president of corporate communications for Clear Channel Outdoor, told Reuters.
    Cleveland City Councilwoman Phyllis Cleveland, one of the most vocal critics of the billboards, told Reuters on Sunday: "Needless to say I'm happy they will be taken down but I want to know who was behind this in the first place."
    In response to the outcry, Clear Channel Outdoor donated 10 billboards around the Cleveland area that read "Voting Is a Right. Not a Crime!"

    http://news.yahoo.com/ohio-voter-fra...0--sector.html
    I pledge allegiance to the constitution of the United States of America as amended by the legislative and executive branches and interpreted by the Supreme Court

    We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Don Quixote For This Post:

    christiefan915 (10-22-2012), Mott the Hoople (10-22-2012), Sardonic (10-21-2012)

  3. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    48,441
    Thanks
    4,700
    Thanked 3,280 Times in 2,771 Posts
    Groans
    3,467
    Groaned 2,186 Times in 2,059 Posts

    Default

    i don't understand what the outcry is about? is voter fraud not a felony?

  4. The Following User Groans At Yurt For This Awful Post:

    The Dude (11-11-2012)

  5. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,176
    Thanks
    3,683
    Thanked 771 Times in 583 Posts
    Groans
    54
    Groaned 102 Times in 92 Posts

    Default

    Well considering these are clear channel billboards I wonder how fast these will come down? I'd be willing to put money on the fact that they will come down much slower than they went up.

    However, I'm glad they'll be removed!
    Stupid, paranoid, and armed is a bad combination.

    Christianity: Sending telepathic messages to a Jewish ghost letting him know that you will accept him as your master and ask him to remove a magical curse that was passed down to you because an old woman that was made from the rib of her partner ate a piece of magical fruit from a magical tree because a talking snake told her to.

    Ask me again why I'm an atheist?

  6. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    48,441
    Thanks
    4,700
    Thanked 3,280 Times in 2,771 Posts
    Groans
    3,467
    Groaned 2,186 Times in 2,059 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haiku View Post
    Well considering these are clear channel billboards I wonder how fast these will come down? I'd be willing to put money on the fact that they will come down much slower than they went up.

    However, I'm glad they'll be removed!
    try reading the article again. you got it wrong.

  7. The Following User Groans At Yurt For This Awful Post:

    The Dude (11-11-2012)

  8. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic State
    Posts
    19,786
    Thanks
    2,228
    Thanked 3,359 Times in 2,709 Posts
    Groans
    1,449
    Groaned 2,296 Times in 1,885 Posts

    Default

    Yeah....we don't want people to find out voter fraud is a felony.....better to have them think its a joke and just another
    way to win an election.....

    What will they think of next.....billboards telling the people smoking causes cancer.....?......

    Do you blabber, bluster, and blow smoke ?...then you're likely a Democrat
    Do you use
    'strawman' arguments' 95% of the time ?....then you're likely a Democrat





  9. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,855
    Thanks
    121
    Thanked 649 Times in 481 Posts
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 64 Times in 62 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bravo View Post
    Yeah....we don't want people to find out voter fraud is a felony.....better to have them think its a joke and just another
    way to win an election.....
    People don't like being in the wrong most of the time. It's why they say things like "Comon man I was only 5 over." when a traffic cop stops them, or "Comon man, who's it hurting?" when busted with marijuana.

    It's the strange phenomenon of "Crimes are committed by 'other people' not by me"
    "In the bath tub of history the truth is harder to find than the soap and more difficult to hold on to."

    Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    It's not the cops fault that the douchebag is a fraud.

  10. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Lompoc, Ca
    Posts
    8,290
    Thanks
    1,163
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 1,060 Posts
    Groans
    311
    Groaned 265 Times in 237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cannabis View Post
    i don't understand what the outcry is about? is voter fraud not a felony?
    perhaps it was because where the billboards were placed...and not placed

    did you read the entire article?
    I pledge allegiance to the constitution of the United States of America as amended by the legislative and executive branches and interpreted by the Supreme Court

    We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America

  11. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    48,441
    Thanks
    4,700
    Thanked 3,280 Times in 2,771 Posts
    Groans
    3,467
    Groaned 2,186 Times in 2,059 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Don Quixote View Post
    perhaps it was because where the billboards were placed...and not placed

    did you read the entire article?
    yes. so the only issue is where the billboards were allegedly placed?

  12. The Following User Groans At Yurt For This Awful Post:

    The Dude (11-11-2012)

  13. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Mid-Atlantic State
    Posts
    19,786
    Thanks
    2,228
    Thanked 3,359 Times in 2,709 Posts
    Groans
    1,449
    Groaned 2,296 Times in 1,885 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Don Quixote View Post
    perhaps it was because where the billboards were placed...and not placed

    did you read the entire article?
    Don't the people in the neighborhoods where the billboards are have a right to know that voter fraud is illegal ?.....
    As a matter of fact, doesn't everybody ?.....All should be aware that vf is a felony and not a minor matter....its a public service being presented as
    something sinister.....as is voter ID and catching the clowns working for the RNC that falsified registratioins.....

    Do you blabber, bluster, and blow smoke ?...then you're likely a Democrat
    Do you use
    'strawman' arguments' 95% of the time ?....then you're likely a Democrat





  14. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Lompoc, Ca
    Posts
    8,290
    Thanks
    1,163
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 1,060 Posts
    Groans
    311
    Groaned 265 Times in 237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cannabis View Post
    yes. so the only issue is where the billboards were allegedly placed?
    allegedly?

    the article was quite clear as to where the billboards were placed
    I pledge allegiance to the constitution of the United States of America as amended by the legislative and executive branches and interpreted by the Supreme Court

    We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America

  15. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    37,659
    Thanks
    7,398
    Thanked 9,495 Times in 6,577 Posts
    Groans
    215
    Groaned 912 Times in 853 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cannabis View Post
    i don't understand what the outcry is about? is voter fraud not a felony?
    What voter fraud? Show me even one specific instance of voter fraud in Ohio in the last 5 years. The outcry is that this is an attempt at voter intimidation. Ask this, Why didn't they post some of these billboards in Dublin or New Albany or Gate Mills or Brecksville or Chagrin Falls or West Chester, Ohio? These are all predominantly white communities with median household incomes of over $70,000/year. Why were they all posted near predominantly poor African American communities in Ohio?
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

    http://www.justplainpolitics.com/pic...&pictureid=305

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

    christiefan915 (10-22-2012), Crashk (10-22-2012), ZappasGuitar (10-22-2012)

  17. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    37,659
    Thanks
    7,398
    Thanked 9,495 Times in 6,577 Posts
    Groans
    215
    Groaned 912 Times in 853 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bravo View Post
    Yeah....we don't want people to find out voter fraud is a felony.....better to have them think its a joke and just another
    way to win an election.....

    What will they think of next.....billboards telling the people smoking causes cancer.....?......
    The difference is that nearly 500,000 people will die from smoking related illnesses this year alone. In the past 10 years there has been 7 validated cases of voter fraud in the entire US. That's an average of 0.014 cases of voter fraud per State per year. This is a blatant attempt by right wing extremist to intimidate minority voters. It's wrong and Clear Channel did the right thing.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

    http://www.justplainpolitics.com/pic...&pictureid=305

  18. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    37,659
    Thanks
    7,398
    Thanked 9,495 Times in 6,577 Posts
    Groans
    215
    Groaned 912 Times in 853 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cannabis View Post
    yes. so the only issue is where the billboards were allegedly placed?
    No, that's just one. The other issue is that the people who placed the billboard ads refused to identify themselves. Pretty god damned cowardly. If they stand behind their racist convictions why won't they identify themselves?
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

    http://www.justplainpolitics.com/pic...&pictureid=305

  19. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    37,659
    Thanks
    7,398
    Thanked 9,495 Times in 6,577 Posts
    Groans
    215
    Groaned 912 Times in 853 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bravo View Post
    Don't the people in the neighborhoods where the billboards are have a right to know that voter fraud is illegal ?.....
    As a matter of fact, doesn't everybody ?.....All should be aware that vf is a felony and not a minor matter....its a public service being presented as
    something sinister.....as is voter ID and catching the clowns working for the RNC that falsified registratioins.....
    Really? Then why didn't they post these billboard ads in any of the communities I mentioned? Shouldn't the people in these communities be made aware that voter fraud is illegal? Also, how affective do you think this will be at preventing the 0.01 cases of voter fraud in Ohio each year?
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

    http://www.justplainpolitics.com/pic...&pictureid=305

  20. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    719
    Thanks
    118
    Thanked 363 Times in 225 Posts
    Groans
    141
    Groaned 75 Times in 61 Posts

    Default


  21. The Following User Says Thank You to hazlnut For This Post:

    Mott the Hoople (10-22-2012)

Similar Threads

  1. What voter fraud?
    By I Love America in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-06-2012, 03:29 PM
  2. More VOTER FRAUD
    By NOVA in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-25-2012, 08:44 AM
  3. VOTER FRAUD.....
    By NOVA in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-23-2012, 09:43 PM
  4. Voter fraud....
    By NOVA in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-01-2011, 01:04 PM
  5. voter fraud
    By MOLOCH in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-10-2008, 08:46 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •