Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: four more years of bush / cheney?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 278 Times in 249 Posts

Default four more years of bush / cheney?

17 of mittens key advisers are former bush advisers

mittens calls cheney a wise and knowledgeable man

mittens is using cheney to fund raise

this is what mittens is bringing to us - 4 more years of bush/cheney chicanery
    I pledge allegiance to the constitution of the United States of America as amended by the legislative and executive branches and interpreted by the Supreme Court

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,865 Times in 7,323 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 785 Times in 732 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well, we've already had 12 years of it.
    WATERMARK, GREATEST OF THE TRINITY, ON CHIK-FIL-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.
    www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to /MSG/ For This Post:

Banned (05-24-2012), Dixie - In Memoriam (05-24-2012)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by C'Thulhu View Post
    Well, we've already had 12 years of it.
    just 8
    I pledge allegiance to the constitution of the United States of America as amended by the legislative and executive branches and interpreted by the Supreme Court

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,607 Times in 10,570 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quixote View Post
    just 8
    12. We've had Bushspending on steroids, we have the Pill Bill on steroids, we've had a surge in Afghanistan...

Bush III sucks as President, it's time to let him go.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    12. We've had Bushspending on steroids, we have the Pill Bill on steroids, we've had a surge in Afghanistan...

that is a republican lying talking point

iraq is over and afghanistan is winding down

domestic spending is down

try again

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Don Quixote For This Post:

Jarod (05-24-2012)

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    Domestic spending is where?
    sorry about that one, it is flat due to the budget impasse

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 854 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 133 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post

Yep but it appears to be just so we can go to Bush IV....

Sucks.

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,607 Times in 10,570 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quixote View Post
    that is a republican lying talking point

iraq is over and afghanistan is winding down

domestic spending is down

try again
    Down? Compared to what? 1.2 Trillion per year deficit predicted even with an assumption of tax increases... That isn't a talking point, it is what Obama's proposed budget (so bad that not even one Democrat, not even one, voted for it in the Senate) predicted for the next 20 years...

It is only "down" if you assume that barely slowing the growth of some programs means it is "lower"...

Iraq was "winding down" when Bush was in office, Afghanistan's surge didn't happen until Obama was there. That it is "winding down" now doesn't change that it has done nothing permanently positive in Afghanistan. Remember how we were going to "return the focus" to Afghanistan?

This guy is a disaster, for us and for future generations.

I can't believe that people even try to say this guy is "fiscally conservative". It's preposterous on its face.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

Dixie - In Memoriam (05-24-2012)

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 287 Times in 274 Posts

I don't think we'll ever see anything like the Bush/Cheney admin again. Even with Romney, I would expect him to focus roughly 100% more on the economy & domestic issues. I think a large part of Bush's failure w/ the economy was the fact that he basically ignored domestic policy - negligence, borne of his obsession w/ Iraq.

And on the foreign policy front, let's definitely hope we never see anything like that again. I have enough faith in Romney that he won't be a complete idiot & pursue a careless, costly policy in the same vein as what we saw w/ the Bush admin.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Onceler For This Post:

Damocles (05-24-2012), Jarod (05-24-2012), Rationalist (05-24-2012)

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,161 Times in 1,565 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 284 Times in 257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Onceler View Post
    I don't think we'll ever see anything like the Bush/Cheney admin again. Even with Romney, I would expect him to focus roughly 100% more on the economy & domestic issues. I think a large part of Bush's failure w/ the economy was the fact that he basically ignored domestic policy - negligence, borne of his obsession w/ Iraq.

And on the foreign policy front, let's definitely hope we never see anything like that again. I have enough faith in Romney that he won't be a complete idiot & pursue a careless, costly policy in the same vein as what we saw w/ the Bush admin.
    The main problem with Bush was that Bush wasn't running the show and was clueless about what was happening around him. The PNAC war hawks and Cheney were calling the shots.

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bijou View Post
    The main problem with Bush was that Bush wasn't running the show and was clueless about what was happening around him. The PNAC war hawks and Cheney were calling the shots.
    I'm surprised that there hasn't been more coverage & scrutiny of PNAC and its influence on that admin. That group really changed the course of history.

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,161 Times in 1,565 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 284 Times in 257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Onceler View Post
    I'm surprised that there hasn't been more coverage & scrutiny of PNAC and its influence on that admin. That group really changed the course of history.
    There's been a lot of coverage, but most of it in alternative media sources. They're still around, under the name FPI (Foreign Policy Initiative).

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,063 Times in 960 Posts

LOL.. When I first saw the thread title, I just knew it must be a liberal upset with Obama. After all, he expanded the Patriot Act, left Gitmo open, and extended Bush's tax cuts, while outspending Bush 2 to 1. Still not quite there on gay marriage, but he's 'coming around,' so he says. If I were a devout liberal, this guy would have me seeing red.

And Don, if "domestic spending" is down, it's only because the $5 trillion we've spent has not generated any more money to spend.

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
    LOL.. When I first saw the thread title, I just knew it must be a liberal upset with Obama. After all, he expanded the Patriot Act, left Gitmo open, and extended Bush's tax cuts, while outspending Bush 2 to 1. Still not quite there on gay marriage, but he's 'coming around,' so he says. If I were a devout liberal, this guy would have me seeing red.

And Don, if "domestic spending" is down, it's only because the $5 trillion we've spent has not generated any more money to spend.
    Oh - are you back in "he's just like Bush?" mode?

Seems like only yesterday you were in "he's a dangerous communist" mode...