Thread: Shamefull

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,063 Times in 960 Posts

Default Shameful

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/07...wii-vet-death/

An Oklahoma man suspected in a brutal home invasion -- already facing a murder charge for allegedly killing an elderly woman -- could face additional charges after the death last week of her husband, a D-Day veteran.
    Bob Strait, a 90-year-old Tulsa resident, died on Friday, and a medical examiner is determining his cause of death, News On 6 reports.
    He was injured March 13 when, police say, Tyrone Woodfork, 20, entered the house and attacked, allegedly beating and sexually assaulted Strait's 85-year-old wife, Nancy Strait, who died two days later. The couple had been married for 65 years.
    Woodfork was arrested a day after the incident when he was spotted driving around in Strait’s vehicle, a Tulsa Police Department spokesman told FoxNews.com.
    Woodfork was booked into the Tulsa County Jail on March 15 and is being held on charges of first degree murder, first degree burglary, armed robbery and assault with a dangerous weapon.
    Bob Strait was a World War II paratrooper who took part in the D-Day invasion as part of the 101st Airborne Division, where he was awarded a Bronze Star, News On 6 reports.
    ================================================== ================================

Now, unlike "Treyvon Martin," I doubt many of you know the name Bob Strait. I doubt most of you even knew about this story. You see, the media is too obsessed with Romney being a bully when he was in grade school, to bother with something like this. After all, World War II was a long time ago, and the sacrifices those men made, have been long forgotten by many in our country. This man won a bronze star for valor, one of the highest honors given by our military, for his contribution in one of the most significant invasions in world history. He was a hero, plain and simple. Beaten nearly to death, forced to watch his wife of 65 years, get raped and beaten to death, by a piece of human scum, only to die in the hospital days later from his injuries.

The day after Strait's death, you might expect our Congress to pass some kind of resolution honoring this great man and his service, and I suppose they still could, but the most pressing of issues for our Congress, was not to honor this hero, but rather, this...

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0512/76045.html

House liberals want the government to cut funding for state and local police programs in places that have “Stand Your Ground” laws like the Florida statute at the center of the Trayvon Martin shooting case.

Reps. Raul Grijalva (D-Ariz.) and Keith Ellison (D-Minn.), co-chairs of the Congressional Progressive Caucus, will offer an amendment to a Justice Department spending bill as early as Tuesday evening that would slash 20 percent of Byrne Grant funding for states with such laws on the books.

================================================== ======================================

You see.... Congress is too busy trying to combat "stand your ground" laws... the kind which might have prevented a WWII hero and his wife from being brutally beaten to death. Isn't it ironically shameful?
    Last edited by Dixie - In Memoriam; 05-13-2012 at 08:59 PM.

2. #2 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

Did you find these killings "shameful"?

Jake England, 19, and Alvin Watts, 33, allegedly shot five black people, three of whom died, in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/04/18/op...ing/index.html

BTW, "shameful" is spelled with 1 "l". No need to thank me.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,063 Times in 960 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by \\\(())/// View Post
    Did you find these killings "shameful"?
    One of the reason's you are so pathetically ignorant, is your reading comprehension skills. I never said I found any killings "shameful."
    What I found shameful, was the lack of news coverage on this story. How many people know about Treyvon? How many of those same people, know about Bob Strait? How many countless hours, have we seen the media devote to Treyvon and Zimmerman? How much time did they devote to Strait and his wife, or the punk who killed them? THAT is what is shameful.

It's also shameful that our Congress is myopically focused on undoing "stand your ground" laws, instead of commemorating a hero who was brutally murdered by a scum-bucket. Beatings and murders are "despicable" or "reprehensible," the media and Congress turning their backs on a national hero, is "shameful." You need to learn how to comprehend what you read, it's at the root of your ignorance.

BTW, "shameful" is spelled with 1 "l". No need to thank me.
    Yep, I am aware... that's why the last "shameful" in the OP, at the end, is spelled correctly. Unfortunately, this forum doesn't allow you to edit the thread title, and I did not notice the misspelling until after it was posted. Perhaps Grind or Damo would be so kind as to correct that?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dixie - In Memoriam For This Post:

NOVA (05-13-2012)

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

it's not just legion that is pathetic. it's liberals. they don't care about the deaths or rights of white people, unless it's single white mothers who have some sad story to tell.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

6. #5 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
    One of the reason's you are so pathetically ignorant, is your reading comprehension skills. I never said I found any killings "shameful." What I found shameful, was the lack of news coverage on this story. How many people know about Treyvon? How many of those same people, know about Bob Strait? How many countless hours, have we seen the media devote to Treyvon and Zimmerman? How much time did they devote to Strait and his wife, or the punk who killed them? THAT is what is shameful. It's also shameful that our Congress is myopically focused on undoing "stand your ground" laws, instead of commemorating a hero who was brutally murdered by a scum-bucket. Beatings and murders are "despicable" or "reprehensible," the media and Congress turning their backs on a national hero, is "shameful." You need to learn how to comprehend what you read, it's at the root of your ignorance. Yep, I am aware... that's why the last "shameful" in the OP, at the end, is spelled correctly. Unfortunately, this forum doesn't allow you to edit the thread title, and I did not notice the misspelling until after it was posted. Perhaps Grind or Damo would be so kind as to correct that?
    So you don't find hate killings by racists shameful?

I must have missed your thread about this "stand your ground" case...

Marissa Alexander, whose case brought allegations that Florida's Stand Your Ground law is being unfairly applied, was sentenced to 20 years in prison Friday after being convicted of three counts of aggravated assault after firing a warning shot...

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...nse-fails?lite

Maybe you don't find the imprisonment of a Black woman "shameful", even though (unlike Zimmerman) she killed nobody when she stood her ground.

BTW, you can correct misspellings in thread titles. Again, no need to thank me.

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 287 Times in 274 Posts

Here's the scoop - and I hope STY is reading this as well:

The only reason George Zimmerman became news is because he was NOT arrested and charged right away.

That's it. Had he been arrested & charged, it would have been a local story.

8. #7 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Onceler View Post
    Here's the scoop - and I hope STY is reading this as well: The only reason George Zimmerman became news is because he was NOT arrested and charged right away. That's it. Had he been arrested & charged, it would have been a local story.
    You mean like the case in the OP was a local story, which Dix proclaimed "shamefull" (sic) because the national media didn't pick it up?

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Here's the scoop - and I hope STY is reading this as well:

The only reason George Zimmerman became news is because he was NOT arrested and charged right away.

That's it. Had he been arrested & charged, it would have been a local story.
    wrong. he WAS arrested, just never charged right away. also, had zimmerman shot and killed a white or hispanic person, jesse and al would not have made this a national story, nor would the media.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 287 Times in 274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    wrong. he WAS arrested, just never charged right away. also, had zimmerman shot and killed a white or hispanic person, jesse and al would not have made this a national story, nor would the media.
    The reason people were up in arms is because he was on tape stalking the guy, and it appeared he got off scot free. The "charging" part is key.

That story never would have taken off if local authorities had merely done their job. It's ridiculous that you & Dix & others continue to post stories where there isn't "national outrage," but where hey!, they actually arrested & charged the guy. How is it not possible to see that distinction?

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The reason people were up in arms is because he was on tape stalking the guy, and it appeared he got off scot free. The "charging" part is key.
    stalking has only been 'eluded' to, never proven despite the wishes of most of you on here.

That story never would have taken off if local authorities had merely done their job. It's ridiculous that you & Dix & others continue to post stories where there isn't "national outrage," but where hey!, they actually arrested & charged the guy. How is it not possible to see that distinction?
    the local authorities did do their job. the local prosecutor's decision is just one you and others didn't agree with. So with the shitstorm of faux outrage by anti gunners and anti self defensers, you now have another injustice about to occur, just like with marissa alexander.

12. #11 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

stalking has only been 'eluded' to, never proven despite the wishes of most of you on here.
    SmarterThanFew demonstrates his tenuous mastery of the English language. Did you mean "alluded"?

the local authorities did do their job. the local prosecutor's decision is just one you and others didn't agree with.
    LOL, so now the cops, prosecutors and judges are heroes?

So with the shitstorm of faux outrage by anti gunners and anti self defensers, you now have another injustice about to occur, just like with marissa alexander.
    So you admit that Marissa Alexander has suffered injustice? Are you going to "stand with her"?

13. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

SmarterThanFew demonstrates his tenuous mastery of the English language. Did you mean "alluded"?
    when one has to resort to being a grammar nazi, they've already lost any credibility they may have had.

LOL, so now the cops, prosecutors and judges are heroes?
    LOL, did I say that?

So you admit that Marissa Alexander has suffered injustice? Are you going to "stand with her"?
    she did, and I do.

14. #13 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

when one has to resort to being a grammar nazi, they've already lost any credibility they may have had.
    Using "eluded", which means one thing, and then claiming that my question regarding "alluded" - which means something totally different - has anything to do with "grammar" loses credibility. Now, did you mean "eluded", or not?

LOL, did I say that?
    LOL, you said this:

the local authorities did do their job.
    she did, and I do.
    So prove it.

15. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Using "eluded", which means one thing, and then claiming that my question regarding "alluded" - which means something totally different - has anything to do with "grammar" loses credibility. Now, did you mean "eluded", or not?
    yes, you corrected my grammar. yes, you lose.

LOL, you said this:
    speaking the truth, that the local authorities did their job, is not calling them heroes nor is it calling them JBTs. It's simply telling onceler that he's wrong.

So prove it.
    maybe someday i'll deign to please you by scanning my letter to the fla governor, then again....maybe not.

16. #15 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

yes, you corrected my grammar. yes, you lose.
    Odd that you claim to be smarter than everyone and apparently don't know the difference between usage, spelling and grammar, isn't it?

Did you mean "eluded", or not?

speaking the truth, that the local authorities did their job, is not calling them heroes nor is it calling them JBTs. It's simply telling onceler that he's wrong.
    They did their job at Ruby Ridge and Waco too, didn't they?

maybe someday i'll deign to please you by scanning my letter to the fla governor, then again....maybe not.
    Until that day (and verification of receipt by Gov. Scott's office), I'll call bullshit.