Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Edwards' daughter leaves courtroom in tears over testimony on Elizabeth Edwards

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 418 Posts

Default Edwards' daughter leaves courtroom in tears over testimony on Elizabeth Edwards

John Edwards' daughter left the courtroom in tears Wednesday as a former aide testified about an argument Edwards had with his now-deceased wife, Elizabeth, on the day a tabloid published a story on his affair.

Edwards turned to his daughter, Cate, as witness Christina Reynolds was beginning the account of the argument at the Raleigh airport. As Edwards asked if his daughter wanted to leave, Cate walked out of the room wiping her tears. She later returned to court after a recess.

Reynolds, the candidate's onetime communications adviser, was also a confidante of Elizabeth Edwards. Reynolds recently joined the board of the educational foundation named for Elizabeth Edwards, who died in December 2010 after a years-long fight with cancer.

Reynolds told the court that Elizabeth Edwards asked her over to the family's Chapel Hill home in the summer of 2007 and revealed that her husband had confessed to an affair the previous year. The two women had bonded because they had similar backgrounds in military families.

The following October, Reynolds testified, she observed a very upset Elizabeth Edwards confront her husband at Raleigh-Durham International Airport on the morning that The National Enquirer published a story about the affair. She stormed off and then collapsed in the parking lot, Reynolds said, and the aide and another staff member helped her into the bathroom of a private hangar.

After collecting herself, Elizabeth Edwards came back into the hangar, found her husband and began yelling. She then pulled off her shirt and bra, leaving herself bare-chested, Reynolds said.

"You don't see me anymore," Reynolds quoted the wife as saying.

Reynolds said Edwards didn't show emotion, but that he called his wife's doctor and asked for help.

Edwards has pleaded not guilty to six counts related to campaign-finance violations. He faces up to 30 years in prison and $1.5 million in fines if convicted on all counts.

Matt Nelson, a former scheduler and director of operations for the campaign, testified that he recalled driving another staffer, the candidate and his wife to the airport on the day of the confrontation.

Nelson said Elizabeth Edwards grabbed her husband in a sexual way and demanded, "Is this what you do in New York City?"

According to Nelson, John Edwards tried to get her to stop, saying, "Not in front of our friends," to which his wife responded, "They're not our friends. They're our staff."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...ir-backstory/#

ROFL

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 1,038 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 276 Times in 251 Posts

How is that funny?

I find it sad that Elizabeth Edwards is dead, while that asshole husband of hers lives on. Life is unfair. I didn't agree with the late Mrs. Edwards on much of anything, but she seemed like a genuinely good person.
    "We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power." -O'Brien, Nineteen Eighty-Four

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,921 Times in 7,750 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 808 Times in 757 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    How is that funny?

I find it sad that Elizabeth Edwards is dead, while that asshole husband of hers lives on. Life is unfair. I didn't agree with the late Mrs. Edwards on much of anything, but she seemed like a genuinely good person.
    Web is sick in his soul.
    DARLA: The Internet's Leading Cause of White Dude Butthurt 12 Years and Counting

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cancel 2016.11 For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (05-03-2012), christiefan915 (05-03-2012), Phantasmal (05-03-2012), The Dude (05-04-2012)

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

LOL

two americas

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 418 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    How is that funny?

Because normal women all do this when they are angry at their husbands....

After collecting herself, Elizabeth Edwards came back into the hangar, found her husband and began yelling. She then pulled off her shirt and bra, leaving herself bare-chested, Reynolds said.

Show me them titties....

ROFL

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 854 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 133 Times in 122 Posts

As the World Turns, there are the days of our lives...

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,235 Times in 10,345 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,490 Times in 1,337 Posts
    Blog Entries

what does this have to do with his campaign finance reform issues? Why was a witness talking about this in court? I'm not being facetious, am I missing something?

---

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Grind is basically right
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Grind’s got you beat by miles. He is very intelligent.

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,978 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Ugh....certainly a sad situation...then and now (for the daughter)... And yes, I can see a devastated woman acting like that. Devastation is a degree or two beyond anger. As a preacher I have had to deal with some odd behavior of otherwise normal folks when they find themselves in devastating circumstances.

To think that when Edwards was in the running he was among my favorites of the dems. Makes me want to puke.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leaningright For This Post:

Jarod (05-04-2012), Phantasmal (05-03-2012)

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    Ugh....certainly a sad situation...then and now (for the daughter)... And yes, I can see a devastated woman acting like that. Devastation is a degree or two beyond anger. As a preacher I have had to deal with some odd behavior of otherwise normal folks when they find themselves in devastating circumstances.

To think that when Edwards was in the running he was among my favorites of the dems. Makes me want to puke.
    Yah some of us admit to making a mistake about a candidate.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Banned For This Post:

christiefan915 (05-03-2012), Phantasmal (05-03-2012)

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Occupant View Post
    Is that suppose to imply you have?

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Is that suppose to imply you have?
    Yep at one time I thought Edwards might be OK. I also thought Obama might be a change from the Bush way. I was wrong on both counts. Took me till all of May 2009 to relaize that Obama was just another Bush term.
    I still do not understand why Reopublicans do not just love the guy.
    He keeps the wars going, Baild out a stupid failing finiancial sector, keeps GITMO open, extends tax cuts signs a HCR bill that benefits the HC and insurance industry the most.
    etc...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Banned For This Post:

Phantasmal (05-03-2012)

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post

So ..... they seem to have "pulled the wool over your eyes" a time or two then......you're certainly not alone.....

When are you all gonna wake up......?
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Occupant View Post
    and then vote for Obama a second time......how eerie.....
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to NOVA For This Post:

The Dude (05-04-2012)

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 287 Times in 274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bravo View Post
    So ..... they seem to have "pulled the wool over your eyes" a time or two then......you're certainly not alone.....

When are you all gonna wake up......?
    Bravs - you've gotta stop doing this, and by that, I mean pretending that you're one of the few who "sees things clearly."

You are here on the board to do one thing, and one thing only, and that is to defend the GOP at any and all costs. You're so completely immersed in that deep, dark purple goofy-grape koolaid that you can't see an inch in front of your face.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Onceler For This Post:

christiefan915 (05-03-2012), Phantasmal (05-03-2012)

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by bravo View Post
    and then vote for Obama a second time......how eerie.....
    LMAO!

I see you have not changed a bit. Still talking out your ass.
    I only voted for Obama once, did not even vote in the 2008 primary for him was going to vote for hillary but it was all over before then.
    I plan on writing in Jon Stewart in November since neither candidate is worthy of my vote but I want to show that I did vote.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Banned For This Post:

Cancel 2016.11 (05-03-2012), Phantasmal (05-03-2012)