Thread: No wonder righties cheer joblessness

1. #1 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

Default No wonder righties cheer joblessness

The improving economy is swinging the pendulum in President Barack Obama's favor in the 14 states where the presidential election will likely be decided.

Recent polls have shown Obama gaining an edge over his likely Republican challenger, Mitt Romney, in several so-called swing states — those that are considered up for grabs.

What's made the difference is that unemployment has dropped more sharply in several swing states than in the nation as a whole. A resurgence in manufacturing is helping the economy — and Obama's chances — in the industrial Midwestern states of Ohio and Michigan.

And Arizona, Nevada and Florida, where unemployment remains high, are getting some relief from an uptick in tourism.

"The biggest reason for the president's improving prospects probably is the economy," says Peter Brown, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute.

The Great Recession of 2007-2009 hit several swing states particularly hard. Unemployment peaked at 14.2 percent in Michigan, where the auto industry faced ruin. It also hit double digits in Arizona, Nevada and Florida, which were at the center of the housing bust, and in North Carolina, which lost jobs in textile and furniture plants.

In 2010, the economic misery helped Republicans retake control of the House and gain seats in the Senate. But the GOP can't count on a repeat when voters return to the polls — with much more at stake — on Nov. 6.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505245_1...as-chances-up/

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 278 Times in 249 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by \\(())// View Post
    The improving economy is swinging the pendulum in President Barack Obama's favor in the 14 states where the presidential election will likely be decided.

Recent polls have shown Obama gaining an edge over his likely Republican challenger, Mitt Romney, in several so-called swing states — those that are considered up for grabs.

What's made the difference is that unemployment has dropped more sharply in several swing states than in the nation as a whole. A resurgence in manufacturing is helping the economy — and Obama's chances — in the industrial Midwestern states of Ohio and Michigan.

And Arizona, Nevada and Florida, where unemployment remains high, are getting some relief from an uptick in tourism.

"The biggest reason for the president's improving prospects probably is the economy," says Peter Brown, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute.

The Great Recession of 2007-2009 hit several swing states particularly hard. Unemployment peaked at 14.2 percent in Michigan, where the auto industry faced ruin. It also hit double digits in Arizona, Nevada and Florida, which were at the center of the housing bust, and in North Carolina, which lost jobs in textile and furniture plants.

In 2010, the economic misery helped Republicans retake control of the House and gain seats in the Senate. But the GOP can't count on a repeat when voters return to the polls — with much more at stake — on Nov. 6.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505245_1...as-chances-up/
    must not have good economic news, it will ruin everything
    I pledge allegiance to the constitution of the United States of America as amended by the legislative and executive branches and interpreted by the Supreme Court

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 418 Posts

California's recovery had a setback in March as unemployment inched back up to 11 percent after two months of decline, officials said Friday. The rate increased just one-tenth of a percentage point last month from February, but it was the first time since December the jobless rate hit 11 percent, according to the state Economic Development Department.

The uptick in California contrasts with the national jobless rate, which fell one-tenth of a percentage point in March to 8.2 percent.
    More than 2 million Californians remained unemployed in March. That figure increased by 19,000 since February but was down by 148,000 since March of last year.

No worry in California, the sheep will all vote for Obama even if they are unemployed.

4. #4 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

Quote Originally Posted by webbway View Post
    ...No worry in California, the sheep will all vote for Obama even if they are unemployed.
    Your posts here help, in their own small way, Webbster.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 230 Times in 210 Posts

Your posts here help, in their own small way, Webbster.
    Shhhhhhhh, slasher. Let 'em keep it up. It bodes well for the real Americans when the idiots pull that shit.

6. #6 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

Conservatives seem to enjoy the misery of their jobless fellow Americans.

Why is that?

It's not as if multimillionaire Mittzie has a better solution for spurring job growth, is it?

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

so more people are unemployed after three years of Obama
    Democrats want to keep Obama
    Republicans want to get rid of Obama
    Democrats claim it's the Republicans who want people to be unemployed.....

interesting logic.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

8. #8 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    so more people are unemployed after three years of Obama Democrats want to keep Obama Republicans want to get rid of Obama Democrats claim it's the Republicans who want people to be unemployed.....
    interesting logic.....
    Can you cite facts or statistics that show "more people are unemployed after three years of Obama" and substantiate a causal relationship between "Obama" and more people being unemployed?

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Can you cite facts or statistics that show "more people are unemployed after three years of Obama"
    yes troll...the unemployment rate is higher now than it was when he was elected......these are statistics that show more people are unemployed now than there were when Obama was elected.....apparently, you are the only person on the planet who has not yet figured this out.......the only question that remains is WHY are you the only person on the planet who has not yet figured this out....
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

10. #10 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

yes troll...the unemployment rate is higher now than it was when he was elected......these are statistics that show more people are unemployed now than there were when Obama was elected.....apparently, you are the only person on the planet who has not yet figured this out.......the only question that remains is WHY are you the only person on the planet who has not yet figured this out....
    So you can't cite facts or statistics that show "more people are unemployed after three years of Obama" or substantiate a causal relationship between "Obama" and more people being unemployed?

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

lol.......I cannot substantiate a causal relationship between what is happening and your posts.....I'm sorry poster with a name like a badly combed crewcut......the weekend is over.....there are other things to do now and you aren't worth wasting time with any more......see you next weekend....

12. #12 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

lol.......I cannot substantiate a causal relationship between what is happening and your posts.....I'm sorry poster with a name like a badly combed crewcut......the weekend is over.....there are other things to do now and you aren't worth wasting time with any more......see you next weekend....
    So you can't cite facts or statistics that show "more people are unemployed after three years of Obama" or substantiate a causal relationship between "Obama" and more people being unemployed?

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 230 Times in 210 Posts

I've only been here a little over a month. I have yet to see a conservative here produce a credible argument as to how the rightwing economic models do or create anything good or better for American people.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gatorman View Post
    I've only been here a little over a month. I have yet to see a conservative here produce a credible argument as to how the rightwing economic models do or create anything good or better for American people.

Don't expect to get educated here in a month if you'd had your head up your ass for the last 30 years....
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

15. #15 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gatorman View Post
    Why, more tax cuts for the "job creators" are clearly the answer.

After all, it's all Obama's fault that the ones that have been fattening the wallets of the 1% for 10 years now haven't worked!