Thread: Right Wing Racism

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

Default Right Wing Racism

Whenever racism is mentioned, the speaker is castigated and told no such thing exists, look around they say. Of course now that John Derbyshire has been fired, all is again OK with the world. But if this clears the slate, what color was the slate yesterday. Somethings are hard to face but face them we must if we are honest human beings.

"‘The Talk’ With My White Daughter: Don’t Be Like John Derbyshire"

"In the wake of the killing of Trayvon Martin, several commentators wrote artful letters to their black sons, warning of the reality of racial profiling and discrimination that still haunt us today. Subsequently, an either insanely ignorant or willfully obnoxious National Review columnist (now fired) named John Derbyshire wrote a letter to his two white children, spewing the sort of hateful stereotypes about black people that conservatives often hasten to argue are a part of America’s past, not present. As such, Mr. Derbyshire’s letter has nothing to do with actual black folks, but is a revealing warning about a certain subset of mostly white, mostly male conservatives who like to believe that racism and related injustices are merely myths concocted to disadvantage white people.

I’d like to explain to my daughter, who is white, why this is a load of bullshit." ‘The Talk’ With My White Daughter: Don’t Be Like John Derbyshire - COLORLINES

"Hats off to Kohn for combating Derbyshire's laundry list of "facts" that regurgitate the tenets of biological racism and tips for instilling in children an irrational fear of people with dark skin, tips that he says "may save their lives." Kohn does this with thoughtful, smart explanations of racism, privilege, and the social and political constructs of race. She arms her daughter with knowledge and hope for eventual justice for all Americans, not terror and hatred for a villainized and generalized race of people. She writes not just with her own child in mind, but with Trayvon Martin in her heart, for Derbyshire's essay was a direct response to (and appalling mockery of) several published pieces from black writers -- including KJ Dell'Antonia in The New York Times and Darryl E. Owns in The Orlando Sentinel -- who talk about explaining the dangers of racism and racial profiling to their children." April | Hyphen magazine - Asian American arts, culture, and politics

http://takimag.com/article/the_talk_...hn_derbyshire/
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...st-racism.html

"Because racial privilege cannot be separated from the defense of local liberty in American history, it is no surprise that the state has been seen by many whites -from Oxford Mississippi to Boston Massachusetts- as the enemy of their local liberty." George Shulman
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

2. The Following User Says Thank You to midcan5 For This Post:

Don Quixote (04-15-2012)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

recalling the words of non-other than Jesse Jackson......

.....speaking the truth of todays reality.....

"There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery. Then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved. . . .Jesse Jackson

Just imagine if a white had uttered these very same words......the pinheads like we see on this forum would be calling him or her a racist, bigot and every vile name under the sun for doing nothing more than speaking the truth.....

And that calls to mind a little more reality from one of our resident experts on race.......

"If its the truth, it ain't racist"-Poet
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by bravo View Post
    recalling the words of non-other than Jesse Jackson......

.....speaking the truth of todays reality..
    I once knew a person who [ ? ], I once knew a person who said [ ? ], I once knew a person who thought [ ? ], I once knew a person of ....

Let's see if I can follow your moral logic, since Jackson said what is construed as a racist comment all that follows that is racist is OK ? I once knew a person .....

All that is necessary is that you find an equivalency. Interesting thought process, stupid, but interesting.
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

5. The Following User Says Thank You to midcan5 For This Post:

Rune (04-15-2012)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    I once knew a person who [ ? ], I once knew a person who said [ ? ], I once knew a person who thought [ ? ], I once knew a person of ....

Let's see if I can follow your moral logic, since Jackson said what is construed as a racist comment all that follows that is racist is OK ? I once knew a person .....

There is nothing that follows Jesse's words that are even remotely racist.....are you calling Jesse Jackson a liar for what he said ?

All that is necessary is that you find an equivalency. Interesting thought process, stupid, but interesting.

Ignoring reality won't make it go away and change it to fit your fantasy.....

You can mis-state, mis-quote, and mis-characterize everything that doesn't fit into your make-believe world.....

sooner or later you will come to face the facts as they are.....as you had to with Global Warming.....
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by bravo View Post
    Ignoring reality won't make it go away and change it to fit your fantasy.....

You can mis-state, mis-quote, and mis-characterize everything that doesn't fit into your make-believe world.....

sooner or later you will come to face the facts as they are.....as you had to with Global Warming.....
    Please do not modify what I wrote to fit your worldview, please change.

Your Jackson quote is simply an excuse for racism, I really do not care if Jackson is a racist, that is not the point. The point is the continuing racism.

But what are these facts? I acknowledge racism, so please detail the facts. As for global warming, where the hell did that come from? Warming is a fact, the argument is over how and why.

"From climate change to evolution, the rejection of mainstream science among Republicans is growing, as is the denial of expert consensus on the economy, American history, foreign policy and much more. Why won’t Republicans accept things that most experts agree on? Why are they constantly fighting against the facts?" http://www.amazon.com/The-Republican...=books&ie=UTF8

8. The Following User Says Thank You to midcan5 For This Post:

Rune (04-15-2012)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

...You continue to deny the fact that what Jackson said isn't racist....its the truth....its reality...to deny reality is racist to the opposite extreme.
    and if you had the balls to admit the truth, if YOU heard those footsteps behind you and turned around to see white people following you, YOU would be as relieved as
    Jesse admits he was.....

Like Poet says...."If its the truth, it ain't racist"...Its the truth.

"As for global warming, ,...... Warming is a fact, the argument is over how and why."

Exactly. nice to see you modify your stance this much.....no one ever denied the warming, its in the historic records of the earth....
    but are you coming to grips with the mythical part blaming man.....?

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 278 Times in 249 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    Please do not modify what I wrote to fit your worldview, please change.

Your Jackson quote is simply an excuse for racism, I really do not care if Jackson is a racist, that is not the point. The point is the continuing racism.

But what are these facts? I acknowledge racism, so please detail the facts. As for global warming, where the hell did that come from? Warming is a fact, the argument is over how and why.

"From climate change to evolution, the rejection of mainstream science among Republicans is growing, as is the denial of expert consensus on the economy, American history, foreign policy and much more. Why won’t Republicans accept things that most experts agree on? Why are they constantly fighting against the facts?" http://www.amazon.com/The-Republican...=books&ie=UTF8
    facts are inconvenient and get in the way of beliefs
    I pledge allegiance to the constitution of the United States of America as amended by the legislative and executive branches and interpreted by the Supreme Court

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America