1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default North Korea

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...0#.T4gtItnh-So

Wow... North Korea went back on their word? Violated the ballyhooed agreement with the Obama admin? Who could have ever predicted that? It hasn't happened since the last time we negotiated the same f'in deal with N. Korea.

Now talk that they are prepping for a nuclear test? It's 3:00am... anyone home?
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,725 Times in 2,959 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 333 Times in 317 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post

Wow... North Korea went back on their word? Violated the ballyhooed agreement with the Obama admin? Who could have ever predicted that? It hasn't happened since the last time we negotiated the same f'in deal with N. Korea.

Maybe it wasn't a good idea to say mean things about North Korea while doing nothing to prevent them from actually developing nuclear weapons in the first instance. Just a thought.

And I'm not sure what the "it's 3 a.m." comment means. I don't get the sense that there is particular urgency following a failed missile test that was announced last month. What exactly is the urgency and what do you think ought to be done?

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,897 Times in 21,661 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,688 Times in 5,191 Posts
    Blog Entries

Violated what agreement? How was the said agreement violated?

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Their complete failure will ensure another test of some kind that will be successful. They can't have a failed missile be their last overt act...
    Last edited by Damocles; 04-13-2012 at 08:39 AM. Reason: spelling
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Violated what agreement? How was the said agreement violated?
    read the article Jarod.
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by General Buck Turgidson View Post
    Maybe it wasn't a good idea to say mean things about North Korea while doing nothing to prevent them from actually developing nuclear weapons in the first instance. Just a thought.
    Obama has been President for over three years Dung. He has done nothing except use the same failed strategy Clinton used.

And I'm not sure what the "it's 3 a.m." comment means. I don't get the sense that there is particular urgency following a failed missile test that was announced last month. What exactly is the urgency and what do you think ought to be done?
    Try reading the article Dung.
    Quote from Cypress:

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Obama has been President for over three years Dung. He has done nothing except use the same failed strategy Clinton used.
    Clinton's strategy actually worked. North Korea developed nukes under Bush, which complicates matters significantly.

Try reading the article Dung.
    I read the article. I didn't see your opinion in there. That's why I asked for it.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Maybe I misssed it but, where does it outline an agreement.

44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Clinton's strategy actually worked. North Korea developed nukes under Bush, which complicates matters significantly.
    What a crock of shit. Clinton's strategy did not work. North Korea took what Clinton gave them and developed nukes anyway.

I read the article. I didn't see your opinion in there. That's why I asked for it.
    If you had actually read the article, you would know what I am talking about. Clearly you did not read the article.
    Quote from Cypress:

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Looks like we are in a good place with NK, there rocket did not work. We have been successfull in preventing them from being able to build a working rocket and now they have demonstrated that to the world. We are in a stronger negotiating position.

LOCK HIM UP!

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Maybe I misssed it but, where does it outline an agreement.
    read the article Jarod. If you missed it, re-reading the article knowing that it is there should help you.
    Quote from Cypress:

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Looks like we are in a good place with NK, there rocket did not work. We have been successfull in preventing them from being able to build a working rocket and now they have demonstrated that to the world. We are in a stronger negotiating position.
    ROFLMAO...

1) We did not do anything to prevent them from building a rocket that works Jarod. They simply don't have the tech to do it yet. It has nothing to do with us.
    2) We are not in a strong position when they continually agree to take food in exchange for not firing missiles and not testing nukes. We appear weak and ignorant because we keep believing the N Koreans and keep giving them stuff to not do what they do anyway.
    Quote from Cypress:

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What a crock of shit. Clinton's strategy did not work. North Korea took what Clinton gave them and developed nukes anyway.
    Not really. North Korea did work on procuring uranium and developing a uranium enrichment program in contravention of the Agreed Framework, but it wasn't operational. It's already developed plutonium enrichment facility was shuttered and the fuel under IAEA seal. The Bush Administration, upon learning of NK's procurement of centrifuges for enruching uranium (note, the centrifuges were not on line yet and the process had not started), pulled out of the Agreed Framework. This allowed NK to immediately restart up its plutonium enrichment program and to procure enough fuel for several bombs in short order.

That's the timeline. And yes, NK did violate the Agreed Framework, but the Bush Administration's response was stupid.

If you had actually read the article, you would know what I am talking about. Clearly you did not read the article.
    I'm just asking your opinion, SF. It's not too hard. I read the article. Your opinion wasn't in there.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Not really. North Korea did work on procuring uranium and developing a uranium enrichment program in contravention of the Agreed Framework, but it wasn't operational. It's already developed plutonium enrichment facility was shuttered and the fuel under IAEA seal. The Bush Administration, upon learning of NK's procurement of centrifuges for enruching uranium (note, the centrifuges were not on line yet and the process had not started), pulled out of the Agreed Framework. This allowed NK to immediately restart up its plutonium enrichment program and to procure enough fuel for several bombs in short order.

That's the timeline. And yes, NK did violate the Agreed Framework, but the Bush Administration's response was stupid.
    And the Obama response of 'lets walk the exact same path as before' is fucking retarded.

I'm just asking your opinion, SF. It's not too hard. I read the article. Your opinion wasn't in there.
    We all know my opinion isn't in the article moron. Read the article. if you are too ignorant to understand, then by all means, come on back and proclaim you are too ignorant to understand. Then I will spell it out for you and the other simpletons.
    Quote from Cypress:

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

read the article Jarod. If you missed it, re-reading the article knowing that it is there should help you.
    Ok I see it says they agreed not to launch long range missles. It appears they tried to launch a missle they belived would be long range.

I still belvie this puts in a better negotiating position since it did not work.

LOCK HIM UP!