22 year old unarmed black woman shot in back of head, shooter claims self defense

no charges filed, shooter was never arrested, and even worse, the shooters name has not and will not be publicly released.

he family of a woman allegedly shot and killed by an off-duty Chicago police officer last month has filed a wrongful death lawsuit.

Rekia Boyd, 22, was shot in the back of the head while walking with another man near 15th and Albany Avenue.

According to the family's attorney, James Montgomery, the off-duty officer got into an argument with the man with whom Boyd was walking. Words were exchanged and the officer pulled his gun and fired shots, hitting both Boyd and her friend.

Neither victim was armed, Montgomery said.

"The police spokesperson publicly claimed that the officer fired in defense of his life when a man approached his vehicle and pointed a gun at him," Montgomery said. "Incidentally, no gun was ever found."
The police department has acknowledged that Ms Boyd was an innocent bystander in the shooting, yet she is still dead and her killer is still on the streets. The man shot in the hand was charged with aggravated assault. Nothing higher could be charged because no weapon was found, even though the department is unequivocally standing behind the killers statement that there was a gun.

This is chicago, where the law prohibits non cops from carrying a gun. Where are the claims of stalking? where are the claims of racial profiling? As far as I know, I'm the only person posting about these things, yet half of the idiot liberals on this board still call me racist. wtf is wrong with you people?