Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Zimmerman was on the ground being punched when he shot Trayvon Martin

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Zimmerman was on the ground being punched when he shot Trayvon Martin

There is so much misinformation about this case that it is difficult to know if anything is true or not.

http://www.examiner.com/charleston-c...trayvon-martin

2. #2 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Aoxomoxoa View Post
    There is so much misinformation about this case that it is difficult to know if anything is true or not.

http://www.examiner.com/charleston-c...trayvon-martin
    So he deserved to die, because he may have been beating Zimmerman's ass after having been accosted by an officious lil' cop wannabe with no authority?

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by \\(())// View Post
    So he deserved to die, because he may have been beating Zimmerman's ass after having been accosted by an officious lil' cop wannabe with no authority?
    You really need to learn a little circumspection, all I'm saying is that there is more to this case than what was initially released to the public. If he was really being attacked, why did he use a gun rather than a pepper spray, who knows.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

so when the girlfriend on the cellphone heard shouts for help before the gunshots they weren't Trayvor's shouts, they were Zimmerman's?....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 278 Times in 249 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aoxomoxoa View Post
    You really need to learn a little circumspection, all I'm saying is that there is more to this case than what was initially released to the public. If he was really being attacked, why did he use a gun rather than a pepper spray, who knows.
    maybe zimmerman did not believe in the efficacy of pepper spray and felt that deadly force was the only way to go
    I pledge allegiance to the constitution of the United States of America as amended by the legislative and executive branches and interpreted by the Supreme Court

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    so when the girlfriend on the cellphone heard shouts for help before the gunshots they weren't Trayvor's shouts, they were Zimmerman's?....
    One article stated that the father listened to the tapes when they were investigating and said the shouts of help were not from Trayvon.

I hate stuff like this. We don't have all the information, we wind up with guesses. Is Zimmerman being sacrificed on the alter of politically correct? I don't know.

I do know that if Zimmerman had followed the rules and training of the neighborhood watch organization, both of them would be alive now.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (03-26-2012), leaningright (03-27-2012)

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 Times in 8,248 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Spicy Weiner View Post
    No one should have to deal with being physically assaulted. NO ONE.
    So, if I follow you, and you run away, but I persist and finaly corner you, then I am entitled to shoot you if you fight back?
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rune For This Post:

Phantasmal (03-26-2012)

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,725 Times in 2,959 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 333 Times in 317 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    One article stated that the father listened to the tapes when they were investigating and said the shouts of help were not from Trayvon.

I hate stuff like this. We don't have all the information, we wind up with guesses. Is Zimmerman being sacrificed on the alter of politically correct? I don't know.

I do know that if Zimmerman had followed the rules and training of the neighborhood watch organization, both of them would be alive now.

Sacrificed on the altar of politically correct? What the fuck does that even mean?

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by General Buck Turgidson View Post
    Sacrificed on the altar of politically correct? What the fuck does that even mean?

What if he really was defending himself but is destined for arrest due to the political environment? Would it be justice or sacrifice?

Again, I don't know. I hope, if he is arrested, he gets a fair jury. And I hope that some day we might actually know the truth.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 287 Times in 274 Posts

What if he really was defending himself but is destined for arrest due to the political environment? Would it be justice or sacrifice?

Again, I don't know. I hope, if he is arrested, he gets a fair jury. And I hope that some day we might actually know the truth.
    Any way you really slice it, he stalked the guy; he cornered him; he instigated the confrontation, when 911 was telling him to back off.

If the kid did fight back, he had a right to do so, imo. And you shouldn't be allowed to shoot someone dead for hitting you.

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,725 Times in 2,959 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 333 Times in 317 Posts

So it's just P.C. nonsense for a guy who stalked, shot and killed a 17 year old kid armed with Skittles and an Arizona Iced Tea to be arrested? In any sane world, that's what would happen, but under the dumbass Florida law he'll probably skate.

We know enough of the truth to know that Zimmerman ought to be in fucking jail.

15. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Onceler View Post
    Any way you really slice it, he stalked the guy; he cornered him; he instigated the confrontation, when 911 was telling him to back off.

If the kid did fight back, he had a right to do so, imo. And you shouldn't be allowed to shoot someone dead for hitting you.
    All of which I think I've covered previously. Other than the "you shouldn't be able to shoot someone dead for hitting you" thing, because you absolutely can use hands to "bless" somebody with lethal force. Both of them have a right to defend themselves, and I have repeatedly stated that had Zimmerman followed the rules and training of the neighborhood watch program Trayvon would be alive, but I do not believe that it is against the law not to follow their rules, just a bit stupid. Hence, I think negligent homicide would be the likely charge.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

16. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 Times in 8,248 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

How the heck could it be self defense when he pursued the victim? Get a grip.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

17. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by General Buck Turgidson View Post
    So it's just P.C. nonsense for a guy who stalked, shot and killed a 17 year old kid armed with Skittles and an Arizona Iced Tea to be arrested? In any sane world, that's what would happen, but under the dumbass Florida law he'll probably skate.
    I don't think he'll skate, I just don't think he'll be facing charges that he may face in other states.

We know enough of the truth to know that Zimmerman ought to be in fucking jail.
    Not really, we know enough of what one side has said to think it is an "outrage" that he isn't in jail, but we haven't heard the cops' side of things and may be surprised by information that isn't being provided at this time. I don't know what information it could be, as I am with you. I've wondered several times how he wasn't arrested that night, even if he was released later after investigation. People shouldn't die without some thorough investigation. People count.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

18. The Following User Groans At Damocles For This Awful Post:

Rune (03-26-2012)