Thread: 'What We Owe to Each Other'

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by apple0154 View Post
    It depends on what the equal time involves. For example, a hundred years ago most people lived out their lives in one place. In a small community if a road needed built the people would get together and do it or they might build a community center. Others would supply food for the workers.

Today, projects are done by professionals and most citizens contribute through financial means.
    That wasn't what I asked you.
    SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Healthy, happy people are not lazy. The very first thing the unemployed require is a full medical check-up. Start there. Then a counselling session to help them adjust to unemployment. Make a budget. Plan ahead. Many people wait until they are behind in house payments before they put their home up for sale. Once the bank moves in they lose any equity they had as the bank is only interested in selling it for the amount owed.

Perhaps a resume service provided by the unemployment office. A refresher course on how to apply for a job for people who haven't had to look for a job in 20 years. In short: Help.
    You seem to believe that there is no help; but the truth is, all unemployment offices have classes in resume writing, interviews, help with job searches, comparable jobs, and such.
    But then you only have Canadian services to relate to.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,882 Times in 1,475 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 237 Times in 228 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    That wasn't what I asked you.
    "It depends on what the equal time involves." If you're not satisfied with my answer clarify what you mean.
    "May your reality be as pleasant as mine."

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You seem to believe that there is no help; but the truth is, all unemployment offices have classes in resume writing, interviews, help with job searches, comparable jobs, and such.
    But then you only have Canadian services to relate to.
    Counselling sessions? How to approach the bank to renegotiate a mortgage? Budget classes offering ideas on refinancing so an individuaol can take some equity out of their home to tide them over the unemployed period?

Times have changed. Being unemployed is not a temporary thing anymore. There has to be long term strategies explained to the unemployed.

A more comprehensive approach. Who can argue against that?

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"It depends on what the equal time involves." If you're not satisfied with my answer clarify what you mean.
    Are you admitting that when you first decided to throw the term out there, that you really didn't have an definition also.
    Last edited by USFREEDOM911; 02-20-2012 at 01:12 PM.

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Counselling sessions? How to approach the bank to renegotiate a mortgage? Budget classes offering ideas on refinancing so an individuaol can take some equity out of their home to tide them over the unemployed period?

Times have changed. Being unemployed is not a temporary thing anymore. There has to be long term strategies explained to the unemployed.

A more comprehensive approach. Who can argue against that?
    Are you suggesting that there aren't any information out there, on how to do what you're complaining about?

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,611 Times in 7,328 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,966 Times in 1,782 Posts

Are you suggesting that there aren't any information out there...

OH my GOD...I learned the difference between isn't/aren't and when to use each, in the second grade...it's no wonder no one can get a rational answer from you on any subject!
    What kind of country have we become?

One in which federal prosecutors can take “evidence” before a “grand jury,”

and that grand jury can “vote to indict” a former president for 91 alleged “crimes”?

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZappasGuitar View Post
    OH my GOD...I learned the difference between isn't/aren't and when to use each, in the second grade...it's no wonder no one can get a rational answer from you on any subject!
    Redundant ironic post by Zap, will always be a redundant ironic post.

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Are you admitting that when you first decided to throw the term out there, that you really didn't have an definition also.

Obviously you thought I had a definition as you never asked for clarification. That calls for two face palms.

10. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Are you suggesting that there aren't any information out there, on how to do what you're complaining about?
    I'm suggesting a person who recently lost their job may or may not know what information and help is available. The logical thing to do would be to have recently unemployed people attend a class on "Things to do while collecting Pogey."

11. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Obviously you thought I had a definition as you never asked for clarification. That calls for two face palms.
    You're correct; I actually thought you knew what you were talking about, when you made the comment.
    I had forgotten about your past behavior of making comments, that you know nothing about, and then trying to spin it your way.

12. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'm suggesting a person who recently lost their job may or may not know what information and help is available. The logical thing to do would be to have recently unemployed people attend a class on "Things to do while collecting Pogey."
    From what I remember; when you go into file, they let you know of the services that are available to you that will help you deal with these issues.
    Now; I can only speak for the US and apparently Canada is lacking in these areas.

13. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You're correct; I actually thought you knew what you were talking about, when you made the comment.
    I had forgotten about your past behavior of making comments, that you know nothing about, and then trying to spin it your way.
    Long on accusations, short on facts. Same old, same old.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to apple0154 For This Post:

ZappasGuitar (02-21-2012)

15. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

From what I remember; when you go into file, they let you know of the services that are available to you that will help you deal with these issues.
    Now; I can only speak for the US and apparently Canada is lacking in these areas.
    If the services I mentioned are readily available, great. There has to be a comprehensive approach as, in many cases, unemployment is going to be a lengthy ordeal.

16. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Long on accusations, short on facts. Same old, same old.
    Since you've provided nothing to explain your usage of "equal time", it appears that the accusation is correct and you're the one that is short on facts; which is exactly your same old, same old.