Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 'Lunch Scholars' Video Reveals American Teens Can't Answer Basic Trivia (VIDEO)

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,354 Times in 1,809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,133 Times in 4,488 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    LOL super comma guy! Adding indiscriminate commas to sentences everywhere without a clue what he's doing.

You are a shining example of the results of liberal arts education.

Ding! Fries are done!
    Right. Look at your avatar and your ID. It says it all. Zero credibility. I'm a published author. You?

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by poet View Post
    Right. Look at your avatar and your ID. It says it all. Zero credibility. I'm a published author. You?
    Monkeys and typewriters...

You need some grammar and puncuation lessons before you can call yourself a good writer. Any idiot can slap words down and get them printed. Your accomplishment is meaningless. LOL

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Monkeys and typewriters...

You need some grammar and puncuation lessons before you can call yourself a good writer. Any idiot can slap words down and get them printed. Your accomplishment is meaningless. LOL
    Bitch please. Those who can't do, teach. And those that can't teach, critique. You don't know me. Don't pretend that you do. You're Drew Carey, with chicken legs. How can anyone take you seriously?. LOL

Monkeys? You racist son of a bitch. Your mama was a monkey.

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by General Sherman View Post
    Yeah, it's not like there are other perfectly good public school systems we can model ours on, or the voucher system is a completely and totally untested alternative that's only been proven to work in your mind. Why go for the sure thing? That's so boring!
    lol, you're the poster child of DoE failure......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

The Dude (02-04-2012)

6. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 149 Times in 138 Posts

Matt Grant Olympia High School

I want to pass along info regarding the video students at OHS produced earlier this week. Students found Jay Leno’s “Jay Walking” videos funny and decided to make one of their own. As is natural for a comic bit, the creators edited in the funniest responses and left out many others (Two hours of footage for four minutes of usage). We understand that the intent of the makers was not malicious in nature and recognize the students were aiming at creating a humorous piece. But the fact is many students in the video are depicted in a way that does not accurately represent their knowledge, skills and abilities. Our school is committed to maintaining an inclusive learning community and to fostering a supportive climate that builds up every student both academically and socially so that they can reach their fullest potential. When looking at the usage of this video with the added interpretations and conclusions, this commitment becomes undermined. Therefore we decided to remove the video. The makers of the video have learned about the impact of social media and we will adjust our practices and polices surrounding the use of social media accordingly in the future. It is definitely a teachable moment and I know our staff will use this as an opportunity to talk with students about media, its uses, and its impact in their classes. It is also important for us all to understand the impact of humor. We support our students as they explore satire and other forms of communication; part of their learning is to continue to support the dignity and well being of others along the way.

Here is the response from students who produced the video: "The video that we made as a school project has received a lot of unexpected media attention, and has been co-opted into an ongoing political debate that has become quite volatile. It should be known that we filmed for several hours, during which time many students gave correct responses; the film represents a short segment of the most entertaining answers. The bottom line is that we made the video to get a few laughs around our school, and it turned into something bigger. It was not our intent to polarize people, set off a firestorm, or get people to point fingers. Having said that, people will take from it what they will. We want to continue our work as student journalists in a productive manner."

7. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by poet View Post
    Monkeys? You racist son of a bitch. Your mama was a monkey.
    LOL you ignorant rube! you fell right into it
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_monkey_theorem
    The infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type a given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare.

I knew you'd be unable to see the real meaning of the quip. LOL and it's not like it's an obscure saying. You are truly ignorant. And you look for racism in everything. Perhaps you should get out a little more.

I'm reminded of the guy with a hammer who see everything as a nail

8. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You're Drew Carey, with chicken legs. How can anyone take you seriously?. LOL

Dude, it's Al Gore with chicken feet. As in chicken little. It's a clever jab at catastrophic anthropogenic global warming alamists like Al Gore.

Once again, you have no idea about the big old world outside of your periscope view.

9. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Dude, it's Al Gore with chicken feet. As in chicken little. It's a clever jab at catastrophic anthropogenic global warming alamists like Al Gore.

Once again, you have no idea about the big old world outside of your periscope view.

Right. As the ice caps melt, as typical winters become a thing of the past. As the Earth heats up, and droughts, floods, and hurricanes ravage, Nero fiddles.
    Don't ever tell me about what ideas I have or not. You don't know me. And I want to keep it that way.

10. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

public school sucks because we have had thrity years of republicans cutting public funds.

11. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

Cancel 2018. 3 (02-04-2012)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

Rune (02-04-2012)

13. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

LOL you ignorant rube! you fell right into it
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_monkey_theorem
    The infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type a given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare.

I knew you'd be unable to see the real meaning of the quip. LOL and it's not like it's an obscure saying. You are truly ignorant. And you look for racism in everything. Perhaps you should get out a little more.

I'm reminded of the guy with a hammer who see everything as a nail
    Are you insane? You don't get to call the shots. You use a reference to a monkey with a black person, you are exhibiting racism, knowing full well, that blacks have been compared to monkeys since before they were stolen from their homelands. You don't get to create your own excuses and caveats disregarding realities. You actually think I type "randomly"? Monkeys are not human. They don't type. They don't go to college, write books, generate "complete works of Shakespeare, in due time, or any such rubbish. I don't look for racism....you people can't seem to operate without it.

I'm ignorant??? You're obviously a de facto racist and insensitive to a fault. And I saw Dr. Henry Louis Gates "Black in Latin America", last night...all about Haiti and the Dominican Republic, and what Thomas Jefferson said about the only successful revolt of slavery, and what France, Europe and America did to ensure that Haiti and the Dominican Republican would pay dearly for their overthrow of slavery. You don't want to fuck with me about right now. I've never been angrier.

14. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

lol even after I cite the quote, you still insist racism. LOL you're a professional victim.

Hammer those nails!!

15. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

let me explain it to you.
    The saying means that given enough time, anything can happen. It has nothing to do with the color of anyone's skin.

16. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

lol even after I cite the quote, you still insist racism. LOL you're a professional victim.

Hammer those nails!!
    Stupid bitch, you can't caveat racism.

17. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

let me explain it to you.
    The saying means that given enough time, anything can happen. It has nothing to do with the color of anyone's skin.
    And I don't subscribe to your bullshit. I'm not a monkey...I'm an acclaimed writer, and human. But don't let that interfere with your machinations.

409354_279890482047438_100000794640913_352711_1594086353_n.jpg
    Last edited by poet; 02-04-2012 at 08:53 AM.

18. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

I always wondered what that avatar was....got to admit I wasn't even close.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”