Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 54

Thread: Obama care requires-National Health Care Identification Card:

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    15,543
    Thanks
    16,903
    Thanked 4,988 Times in 3,735 Posts
    Groans
    19,024
    Groaned 3,465 Times in 3,196 Posts

    Default Obama care requires-National Health Care Identification Card:

    National Health Care Identification Card:
    The bill explicitly states that in order for any individual to be eligible for a health insurance plan and health claim status, they will be issued a machine readable national health identification card. * All operating rules set forth in the bill for health plan and claim eligibility must allow for the use of this ID card.

    “ELIGIBILITY FOR A HEALTH
    PLAN AND HEALTH CLAIM STATUS.
    —The set of operating rules for eligibility for a
    health plan and health claim status transactions shall be adopted not later than
    July 1, 2011, in a manner ensuring that such operating rules are effective not later
    than January 1, 2013, and may allow for the use of a machine readable identification card.”

    -H.R. 3590 Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, Page 62

    This national health identification card is similar to the Danish national health ID card. It’s just another little trick the federal government will use to render the population manageable.


    H.R. 3590, Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, Subsection 1104, page 62
    The call of the wild is still in order nationwide
    In the order of the primates all our politics are too late
    Oh my, the congregation in my mind
    Is an assembly singin' in gratitude and practicing their lovin' for you

  2. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    27,611
    Thanks
    1,041
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    1,008
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

    Default

    this is patently unconstitutional. what about all those minorities who can't get ID cards?
    The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them. - Patrick Henry
    "You seem ... to consider the judges as the ultimate arbiters of all constitutional questions; a very dangerous doctrine indeed, and one which would place us under the despotism of an oligarchy... The Contitution has erected no such single tribunal." --Thomas Jefferson, 1820

  3. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    15,543
    Thanks
    16,903
    Thanked 4,988 Times in 3,735 Posts
    Groans
    19,024
    Groaned 3,465 Times in 3,196 Posts

    Default

    Well they are bitching about it for voting. I'm wondering why no bitching about I'd for obumacare.
    The call of the wild is still in order nationwide
    In the order of the primates all our politics are too late
    Oh my, the congregation in my mind
    Is an assembly singin' in gratitude and practicing their lovin' for you

  4. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    23,165
    Thanks
    1,165
    Thanked 4,707 Times in 3,140 Posts
    Groans
    1
    Groaned 176 Times in 158 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Well they are bitching about it for voting. I'm wondering why no bitching about I'd for obumacare.
    Because Desh supports it.

  5. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    36,896
    Thanks
    7,047
    Thanked 8,958 Times in 6,226 Posts
    Groans
    204
    Groaned 832 Times in 796 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    National Health Care Identification Card:
    The bill explicitly states that in order for any individual to be eligible for a health insurance plan and health claim status, they will be issued a machine readable national health identification card. * All operating rules set forth in the bill for health plan and claim eligibility must allow for the use of this ID card.

    “ELIGIBILITY FOR A HEALTH
    PLAN AND HEALTH CLAIM STATUS.
    —The set of operating rules for eligibility for a
    health plan and health claim status transactions shall be adopted not later than
    July 1, 2011, in a manner ensuring that such operating rules are effective not later
    than January 1, 2013, and may allow for the use of a machine readable identification card.”

    -H.R. 3590 Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, Page 62

    This national health identification card is similar to the Danish national health ID card. It’s just another little trick the federal government will use to render the population manageable.


    H.R. 3590, Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, Subsection 1104, page 62
    Do you carry an insurance ID card for your current insurance holder? I think that an important thing you miss here Topper is that this scannable ID card is about far more then identification.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

    http://www.justplainpolitics.com/pic...&pictureid=305

  6. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    27,611
    Thanks
    1,041
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    1,008
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Do you carry an insurance ID card for your current insurance holder? I think that an important thing you miss here Topper is that this scannable ID card is about far more then identification.
    national health identification card is not an insurace coverage card.
    The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them. - Patrick Henry
    "You seem ... to consider the judges as the ultimate arbiters of all constitutional questions; a very dangerous doctrine indeed, and one which would place us under the despotism of an oligarchy... The Contitution has erected no such single tribunal." --Thomas Jefferson, 1820

  7. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    15,543
    Thanks
    16,903
    Thanked 4,988 Times in 3,735 Posts
    Groans
    19,024
    Groaned 3,465 Times in 3,196 Posts

    Default

    I want to know the logic of no on voter id but yes on insurance id. Other than these hacks supports dems blindly!
    The call of the wild is still in order nationwide
    In the order of the primates all our politics are too late
    Oh my, the congregation in my mind
    Is an assembly singin' in gratitude and practicing their lovin' for you

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to The Dude For This Post:

    tinfoil (12-30-2011)

  9. #8 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    I want to know the logic of no on voter id but yes on insurance id. Other than these hacks supports dems blindly!
    Voting is a right, and there are already laws that require valid registration and prevent voter impersonation. They work well, judging the rarity of convictions for violating them.

    I shouldn't have to obtain an additional ID to prove my right to vote.

    If you don't want to carry insurance ID, don't.

  10. The Following User Groans At For This Awful Post:

    The Dude (12-30-2011)

  11. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    15,543
    Thanks
    16,903
    Thanked 4,988 Times in 3,735 Posts
    Groans
    19,024
    Groaned 3,465 Times in 3,196 Posts

    Default

    Only hacks like you dune are against id's. Hacks are highly correlated to lack of education.
    The call of the wild is still in order nationwide
    In the order of the primates all our politics are too late
    Oh my, the congregation in my mind
    Is an assembly singin' in gratitude and practicing their lovin' for you

  12. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    36,896
    Thanks
    7,047
    Thanked 8,958 Times in 6,226 Posts
    Groans
    204
    Groaned 832 Times in 796 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou View Post
    national health identification card is not an insurace coverage card.
    Yes it is and way more then that. Spare me the libertarian paranoia.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

    http://www.justplainpolitics.com/pic...&pictureid=305

  13. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    36,896
    Thanks
    7,047
    Thanked 8,958 Times in 6,226 Posts
    Groans
    204
    Groaned 832 Times in 796 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by \\(())// View Post
    Voting is a right, and there are already laws that require valid registration and prevent voter impersonation. They work well, judging the rarity of convictions for violating them.

    I shouldn't have to obtain an additional ID to prove my right to vote.

    If you don't want to carry insurance ID, don't.
    It's a canard. Not that you're point about voter's being required to present photo ID's isn't valid but it has nothing to do with National Insurance cards. Nothing what so ever. The OP is a canard.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

    http://www.justplainpolitics.com/pic...&pictureid=305

  14. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    72,873
    Thanks
    1,449
    Thanked 6,066 Times in 4,210 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 321 Times in 303 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou View Post
    this is patently unconstitutional. what about all those minorities who can't get ID cards?
    Maybe the Democrats will start arguing that health care is not a right like voting is... Wouldn't that be a twist?
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

    Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

    tinfoil (12-30-2011)

  16. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    27,611
    Thanks
    1,041
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    1,008
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Yes it is and way more then that. Spare me the libertarian paranoia.
    no it's not. read the legislation requirement again. it's like calling the 'penalty' for failing to maintain health insurance a 'tax' and then saying it's all legal because we said the word. it's bullshit and you fucking know it. hack.
    The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them. - Patrick Henry
    "You seem ... to consider the judges as the ultimate arbiters of all constitutional questions; a very dangerous doctrine indeed, and one which would place us under the despotism of an oligarchy... The Contitution has erected no such single tribunal." --Thomas Jefferson, 1820

  17. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    36,896
    Thanks
    7,047
    Thanked 8,958 Times in 6,226 Posts
    Groans
    204
    Groaned 832 Times in 796 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Only hacks like you dune are against id's. Hacks are highly correlated to lack of education.
    Actually his point is valid. When you register to vote you have to show multiple forms of ID to register your self as a voter. When you vote you have to identify your name, address and provide a signature to match the signature on record and if you are voting absentee ballot you must provide either your drivers license # or part of your SS# that is, you have verified your identification. So why is another redundant and completely uneccessary form of ID needed? Why don't you then need a photo ID to vote by absentee ballot? Sounds pretty damned inconsistent to me, that is, unless it's to deny certain demographics their voting priveleges.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

    http://www.justplainpolitics.com/pic...&pictureid=305

  18. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    27,611
    Thanks
    1,041
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    1,008
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Actually his point is valid. When you register to vote you have to show multiple forms of ID to register your self as a voter. When you vote you have to identify your name, address and provide a signature to match the signature on record and if you are voting absentee ballot you must provide either your drivers license # or part of your SS# that is, you have verified your identification. So why is another redundant and completely uneccessary form of ID needed? Why don't you then need a photo ID to vote by absentee ballot? Sounds pretty damned inconsistent to me, that is, unless it's to deny certain demographics their voting priveleges.
    bullshit. i register to vote online and don't provide a single shred of proof I am who I say I am.
    The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them. - Patrick Henry
    "You seem ... to consider the judges as the ultimate arbiters of all constitutional questions; a very dangerous doctrine indeed, and one which would place us under the despotism of an oligarchy... The Contitution has erected no such single tribunal." --Thomas Jefferson, 1820

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-18-2009, 07:20 AM
  2. obama health care
    By Don Quixote in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-10-2009, 01:47 AM
  3. EVERYONE SHOULD WANT NATIONAL HEALTH CARE
    By TuTu Monroe in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-02-2009, 07:29 PM
  4. United States National Health Care Act (H.R. 676)
    By blackascoal in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 02-27-2009, 09:47 AM
  5. Republican Requires People to Have Health Care!!! OMG!
    By ib1yysguy in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 09-20-2007, 09:28 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •