Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Will World War III be between the U.S. and China?

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by \(())/ View Post
    Just the other day we were all treated to a history lesson by Professor Dixie...he informed us that the Soviet Union did not exist during WWII.

Maybe if WWIII starts, he will favor us with an update.
    I do not read Dixie's speed-induced ramblings. Care to post a link?

2. #17 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Nero View Post
    I do not read Dixie's speed-induced ramblings. Care to post a link?
    http://www.justplainpolitics.com/sho...ro-credibility

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,090 Times in 555 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 16 Times in 16 Posts
    Blog Entries

Germany supposedly had very draconian goals for the war, that were incredibly imperialistic and the exceeded even the Vienna convention. However, this may just be propoganda on the part of the allies in order to justify their draconian impositions on Germany at the end of the war. All I know is that it was the dumbest war in history.
    If they'd dropped their naval ambitions then there's a possibility that we'd have been more inclined to turn a blind eye to their lust for raping the French.

I'm going to state now that, given any future world war, i think the Germans should be on our side and the French can shack up with Italy.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,865 Times in 7,323 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 785 Times in 732 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by charver View Post
    If they'd dropped their naval ambitions then there's a possibility that we'd have been more inclined to turn a blind eye to their lust for raping the French.

I'm going to state now that, given any future world war, i think the Germans should be on our side and the French can shack up with Italy.
    I'll take the French over the Germans any day.
    WATERMARK, GREATEST OF THE TRINITY, ON CHIK-FIL-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.
    www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

5. The Following User Says Thank You to /MSG/ For This Post:

Minister of Truth (11-27-2011)

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Septimius Severus View Post
    I'll take the French over the Germans any day.
    Why? Since Napoleon the French have been massive pussies.

The Germans are sleeping giants, a war-like people cowed by the shame of their Nazi past. However, at heart they have the same genes as the English. All hail brer Angle and brer Saxon. A German will stand and a Frenchman will run. That, sir, is the honest truth and 30 years of football hooliganism has cemented my point.

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

LOL. A French-Italian alliance. Is there any country in the world who couldn't beat them? I think Lesotho could take them on with their hands tied behind their back.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FUCK THE POLICE For This Post:

Minister of Truth (11-27-2011)

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The Germans are sleeping giants, a war-like people cowed by the shame of their Nazi past. However, at heart they have the same genes as the English. All hail brer Angle and brer Saxon. A German will stand and a Frenchman will run. That, sir, is the honest truth and 30 years of football hooliganism has cemented my point.
    The French seemed to conduct themselves fine in WWI, and Germany hasn't been on the winning side since the Franco-Prussian war. I'll take Frankish and Gaelic blood over inferior saxons every day.
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There isn't much difference between humans on a genetic level. The English are hugely mixed in with the Celts that the French descended from anyway. Nationality is a fiction that tyrants made up in the 19th century in order to divide humanity and better oppress us.

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Septimius Severus View Post
    The French seemed to conduct themselves fine in WWI, and Germany hasn't been on the winning side since the Franco-Prussian war. I'll take Frankish and Gaelic blood over inferior saxons every day.
    France was once the most powerful country in Europe, but went into a long decline after the French revolution. The previously weak and divided Germans were able to get together and fill the role of most powerful country, and were easily able to best the French afterwards. A united country Germany has been the strongest country in europe pretty much since the day its been founded. This is why the German plan for the past couple of wars was "Crush France in a couple of weeks and then take on Russia". They failed in WWI, but Hitler pulled the first part off successfully in WWII. However, as it turned out, Russia was way too big of a bear for Germany to slay.

12. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

LOL. A French-Italian alliance. Is there any country in the world who couldn't beat them? I think Lesotho could take them on with their hands tied behind their back.
    Well, obviously they'd have either you lot or the Chinese on their side (i'm going with the Chinese on their side, if for no other reason that i couldn't do this message-board thing with some Chinese people, it just wouldn't work and it would feel wrong)

Then it's a toss up over Russia or Japan. Considering Japan were on the wrong side last time i reckon they should be on our side this time.

13. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There isn't much difference between humans on a genetic level. The English are hugely mixed in with the Celts that the French descended from anyway. Nationality is a fiction that tyrants made up in the 19th century in order to divide humanity and better oppress us.
    Maybe, but it is very noticeable that when it comes to liking "a bit of a scrap" the French don't bother much.

Generally, your Northern Europeans like a fight, your southern Europeans ride around on a scooter and stab you up the arse with a little knife.

(i appreciate i'm extrapolating somewhat)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charver For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (11-27-2011), FUCK THE POLICE (11-26-2011)

15. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Well, obviously they'd have either you lot or the Chinese on their side (i'm going with the Chinese on their side, if for no other reason that i couldn't do this message-board thing with some Chinese people, it just wouldn't work and it would feel wrong)

Then it's a toss up over Russia or Japan. Considering Japan were on the wrong side last time i reckon they should be on our side this time.
    Japan had a crazy military in the last war, but they've fallen to much, much lower depths than the Germans by now. I'd rather have Russia, if our purpose is to try to come out on top. Plus, Russia is impossible to conquer.

16. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Japan had a crazy military in the last war, but they've fallen to much, much lower depths than the Germans by now. I'd rather have Russia, if our purpose is to try to come out on top. Plus, Russia is impossible to conquer.
    Japan is mighty fine, especially as a naval power. With Russia it really depends on the conflict. They may be impossible to conquer but that doesn't mean they're impossible to beat. And historically, they're aligned with the French.

17. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

WWI was certainly very predictable with the GB vs. Germany arms race and the, rather polite, assignment of sides in the years preceding actual war.

In the same way WWII was a possibility, which became a probability due to some rather bad decision making.

As a race we're particularly stupid but, call me old fashioned, but i'm putting my trust in the theory of self preservation in this nuclear age.
    A war with China could easily start over the Spratly Islands or Taiwan, especially if China gets in the shit economically.

18. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

If you buy into the Fischer thesis then WWI was not only predicted but was the actual goal of Germany in the years preceding 1914.
    Don't forget the Schlieffen Plan which was devised a decade before WW1.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schlieffen_Plan