Groans
    Groaned 560 Times in 506 Posts

Default Time for a Truth Slap

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,105 Times in 3,823 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,543 Times in 3,270 Posts

Shocking grand wizard another conservative rag. Don't you read liberal sites. Oh wait you skipped college. Never mind.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,354 Times in 1,809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,133 Times in 4,488 Posts
    Blog Entries

No less than Julian Bond and Harry Belafonte have discredited Alveda and Bernice King, as being antitheses to the legacy and message of their uncle and father, respectively.
    And anything posted or printed by Townhall.com is "suspect. Really, Failias...you're so desperate you're grasping for straws.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by poet View Post
    No less than Julian Bond and Harry Belafonte have discredited Alveda and Bernice King, as being antitheses to the legacy and message of their uncle and father, respectively.
    And anything posted or printed by Townhall.com is "suspect. Really, Failias...you're so desperate you're grasping for straws.
    No less than Alveda King has denounced Jackson as being a race hustler. The Dems have tried so desperately to make MLK a liberal democrat. Poet is just another in a long line of useful idiot liars to continue the lie. Harry Belafonte..........LOL....give us a break.....LOL.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

just out of curiosity, what make Harry Belefonte more credible on civil rights than Alveda King.....did someone step on his microphone during a concert?......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,324 Times in 1,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 693 Times in 631 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    just out of curiosity, what make Harry Belefonte more credible on civil rights than Alveda King.....did someone step on his microphone during a concert?......
    How are either more credible on MLK than MLK's own family members?

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Poet once again shows us the face of the racist demonrat party. If you're a black women then by default you should be a demonrat. If you're a conservative Christian like Alveda King then you're not "authentic" as Poet and Al Sharpton would say. It's funny that Obama is "authentic", and his black family aren't even Americans. Funny how that works. It takes the lefty mind to sort it all out and explain it for us. LOL.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    How are either more credible on MLK than MLK's own family members?
    Alveda is a conservative Christian. That disqualifies her automatically in the lefty mind as having any valid opinion on civil rights. That's the kind of bullshit thinking Poet and his pals try to instill. Works on the feeble minded lefties around here.

The left will allow the race hustlers order them around on who is "authentic" or not. Feeble minded people who can't think or rationalize for themselves are easily led by the politically correct race posse. Dune, Dude, etc, etc......

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

Seriously, if you are going to reference someone and expect to attach any credibility.... Julian Bond is not a good option. He just detracts from whatever point it is you are trying to make. though I can see why you use him. He also refers to any and all Black Republicans as tokens and uncle toms. Because if you don't think like him, you must therefore be a traitor to your race. How dare any black try to have a different opinion.
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2016.2 For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (11-09-2011)

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,324 Times in 1,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 693 Times in 631 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alias View Post
    Alveda is a conservative Christian. That disqualifies her automatically in the lefty mind as having any valid opinion on civil rights. That's the kind of bullshit thinking Poet and his pals try to instill. Works on the feeble minded lefties around here.
    Its called "ad hominem" attacks. He routinely uses that "illogical[sic] fallacy" and in fact railed against such tactics in another thread.

12. The Following User Groans At DamnYankee For This Awful Post:

Rune (11-09-2011)

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    Its called "ad hominem" attacks. He routinely uses that "illogical[sic] fallacy" and in fact railed against such tactics in another thread.
    Poet has a bad case of "Don't do as I do, do as I say". In other words, he can't walk the talk. We call those kinds of folks "hypocrites" where I come from.

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That said, Alveda and Bernice are both activists against gay marriage. Which would be the antitheses to what MLK stood for.
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

15. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    That said, Alveda and Bernice are both activists against gay marriage. Which would be the antitheses to what MLK stood for.
    What makes you think MLK would be for gay marriage?

16. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alias View Post
    What makes you think MLK would be for gay marriage?
    He stood for equal rights for all. He stood against discrimination.

While MLK was far more conservative than most on the left would credit him, I don't think there is any question on where he stood on the topic of discrimination whether it be race/creed/gender/sexual orientation.
    Quote from Cypress:

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Cancel 2016.2 For This Post:

Rune (11-09-2011)

18. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I think Coretta King stated it best:

"Gay and lesbian people have families, and their families should have legal protection, whether by marriage or civil union," she said. "A constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriages is a form of gay bashing and it would do nothing at all to protect traditional marriages."
    Quote from Cypress:

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cancel 2016.2 For This Post:

Damocles (11-09-2011), Rune (11-09-2011)