Thread: Obama wanting to forgive student debt?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 160 Posts

Default Obama wanting to forgive student debt?

Not enough! If the banks have to take the lose, so should the schools who profited even more!

It seems Obama is trying to buy their legitimate concerns off by wanting to forgive their debt. Another band aid job, to a problem that needs surgery! Rather then fix it? He wants to make sure that the parents(as cosigners) are also dragged into this garbage!! I say BOOOOOOOOO to Obama!

I'm starting to think that all these politicians are puppets of big money. America needs someone that is not part of the corrupt class. They seem to be stalking the campaign decks with their puppets.

The problem is anyone outside of their circle would be demonized by the Medias they control. And if that didn't work they would assassinate them and blame it on China or Islam or something. This is how these people operate.

Unless the people wake up and smell the coffee, nothing will every change in the world.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Fair enough. The schools should have to take the loss...

I don't get why people who watched Obamacare pass would think that Obama would care about the actual cause of the high cost of anything...
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,272 Times in 729 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 152 Times in 139 Posts

Thomas Jefferson...

1786 August 13. (to George Wythe)
    "I think by far the most important bill in our whole code is that for the diffusion of knowledge among the people. No other sure foundation can be devised, for the preservation of freedom and happiness...Preach, my dear Sir, a crusade against ignorance; establish & improve the law for educating the common people. Let our countrymen know that the people alone can protect us against these evils [tyranny, oppression, etc.] and that the tax which will be paid for this purpose is not more than the thousandth part of what will be paid to kings, priests and nobles who will rise up among us if we leave the people in ignorance."[2]

1816 January 6. (to Charles Yancey)
    "If a nation expects to be ignorant & free, in a state of civilisation, it expects what never was & never will be."[7]

Why the United States Is Destroying Its Education System
    By Misty - Posted on 12 April 2011

Why the United States Is Destroying Its Education System

by Chris Hedges

A nation that destroys its systems of education, degrades its public information, guts its public libraries and turns its airwaves into vehicles for cheap, mindless amusement becomes deaf, dumb and blind. It prizes test scores above critical thinking and literacy. It celebrates rote vocational training and the singular, amoral skill of making money. It churns out stunted human products, lacking the capacity and vocabulary to challenge the assumptions and structures of the corporate state. It funnels them into a caste system of drones and systems managers. It transforms a democratic state into a feudal system of corporate masters and serfs.
    http://www.republicansforobama.org/node/9267

Conservative utopia, a small educated wealthy class and a population of serfs.
    War Is Peace
    Freedom Is Slavery
    Ignorance Is Strength

George Orwell