Thread: Should people who want smaller government use government offices?

1. #1 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

Question Should people who want smaller government use government offices?

The tea party group that opened a "headquarters" in the Florida Senate building on Thursday says it intends to stay put for the 2012 session.

"This isn't the country club it used to be. We have the lowly people walking the hallways, and it's upsetting the apple cart," Tea Party Network leader Patricia Sullivan said.

Shortly after Sunshine State News reported on the tea party's open house at Room 227 of the Senate office building, opponents raised concerns about the propriety of a private group staking a claim to public space.

“The Tea Party Network has not been sanctioned by the Senate to operate a headquarters in Senate Office Building Room 227, as has been reported by the media,” said spokeswoman Lyndsey Cruley.

“They are not going to have a full-time office in the Florida Senate,” Senate President Mike Haridopolos said in a separate statement.

While the terms "headquarters" and "full-time" are open to semantic debate, the Tea Party Network, a coalition of 70 tea and patriot groups across the state, maintained it had laid legal claim to the room, per a reservation request submitted by Sen. Greg Evers, R-Crestview.

Announcing the opening of its "headquarters," the Tea Party Network issued a statement saying it "recognizes the importance of not only fostering communication between organizations, but also between citizens and public servants. It is our desire that this headquarters will cultivate good working relationships.”

http://www.sunshinestatenews.com/sto...ffice-building

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

don't like it? write your congressman
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

3. #3 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou View Post
    don't like it? write your congressman
    Jesus H. Fuck, you're stupid. What does a Congressman have to do with the Florida state Senate building?

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

i see you also need to know when the sarcasm tag is used. pitiful.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

can they use the smaller government services?......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

6. #6 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

i see you also need to know when the sarcasm tag is used. pitiful.
    What's pitiful is the stupidity and cowardice of the 'great american' jaw jacker who pretends to defend the rights of all people (safely behind his keyboard) but has no comment on police beating protesters.

7. #7 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    can they use the smaller government services?......
    Can MoveOn.org set up shop in the California Senate office building?

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by \(\(=)/)/ View Post
    What's pitiful is the stupidity and cowardice of the 'great american' jaw jacker who pretends to defend the rights of all people (safely behind his keyboard) but has no comment on police beating protesters.
    I fail to see how it's any of your business how I deal with issues like this on my home front. are YOU doing anything about it? or do you approve of the beatings like the badge blower you are?

9. #9 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

I fail to see how it's any of your business how I deal with issues like this on my home front. are YOU doing anything about it? or do you approve of the beatings like the badge blower you are?
    I'm making your yellow-bellied inaction and hypocrisy my business, jaw jacker. What are you going to do about it?

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm making your yellow-bellied inaction and hypocrisy my business, jaw jacker. What are you going to do about it?
    ROFLMAO!!!!!

hold your breath while I tell you.

11. #11 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

ROFLMAO!!!!! hold your breath while I tell you.

You don't have to tell me. The whole board knows you won't do shit, and you can't do shit. You never do.

Now that the head JPP pussy has been punked again, back to the subject:

The Tea-tards have had to back off their bullshit boasting, just like a certain Texas mommas boy.

Florida tea party leaders Thursday proudly announced the grand opening of their “Tallahassee headquarters” for the upcoming legislative session.

The location: Room 227 of the Senate Office Building.

A few hours into their kick-off, the activists backtracked on calling their space a “headquarters.”

“It was never meant to be a permanent room,” said Sharon Glass of the Santa Rosa Tea Party Patriots. “We didn’t mean that to sound like we possessed the building.”

Glass thought the group reserved the room for all interim committee weeks this fall. She already has a room in the Capitol lined up for people to meet during the first day of session — just like last year, she said. “I guess I’ll go down and find out what the review process is. We’re not out to cause any problems.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/10/0...#ixzz1a7I7ReRb

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Can MoveOn.org set up shop in the California Senate office building?
    are you sure they haven't already done so?......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”