Thread: So Why The Double Standard?

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,354 Times in 1,809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,133 Times in 4,488 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alias View Post
    You got through slavery because white people did it with you. Hundreds of thousands of white people fought along with Black people and died and sacrificed and fought the system to help you out of slavery. We all did it together. Now stop the racist bullshit.
    Really? Who put us in it, in the first place? Other black people? Sorry, if I don't buy that wolf ticket. Hundreds of thousands of white people...indeed, but you wouldn't have been in that number, given your postings. We all did it together? What "we"? I don't consider you an ally. There are decent white people, who see blacks as equals and as fellow Americans. And then there is you and your minions.

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
    Again, your own testament was, that no litigation could remedy the ingrained white privilege. Now you seem to be indicating that white people must relinquish any position of authority and surrender 'privileges' (undefined) to black men, and that would somehow satisfy you. Are you sure? Because, maybe once you relegated all white people, and those with white ancestry, to powerless proles, you might start thinking that it would take enslaving them for some number of years, to make amends? Or maybe you'd start thinking the world would just be better off without white people in it at all? It's important that we understand this before we relinquish all power to you, don't you think?
    What a drama queen. No one is thinking of forcibly wresting any power from anyone. One would hope that you would arrive at the conclusion of "power sharing". Some of you are paranoid that someone is trying to take something (especially "money") from you. And many of you only have it because you acquired it through "hook or crook".
    And ironically enough, we're not like "you"....enslavement doesn't enter our "collective mind"...I guess it has to do with DNA.
    Like I said before, I don't have a problem with white people....I rather like many, and don't think that the world would be better off without them. Unlike you. And you, contrary to your belief have no power to speak of...with your 1/16th self.

3. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 560 Times in 506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by poet View Post
    Really? Who put us in it, in the first place? Other black people? Sorry, if I don't buy that wolf ticket. Hundreds of thousands of white people...indeed, but you wouldn't have been in that number, given your postings. We all did it together? What "we"? I don't consider you an ally. There are decent white people, who see blacks as equals and as fellow Americans. And then there is you and your minions.
    I already know you "don't buy that". You can't handle the truth. You were never a slave. You never lived under slavery, yet you use slavery to keep yourself holding a grudge against white people. You deny being a victim, yet you take every opportunity to be the victim. How long you been playing your sick little game? Must have worked for you for a while. It's getting old.

4. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou View Post
    just doing things on standards set by you and poet.
    So you're emulating me? Wow. I didn't know I was so important. I know that I'm the center of attention as those on the right, love to have a go of it with me. I'm irresistible. I know. It's the price of fame.

5. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So you're emulating me? Wow. I didn't know I was so important. I know that I'm the center of attention as those on the right, love to have a go of it with me. I'm irresistible. I know. It's the price of fame.
    Ever go to circus and see the freaks? That's you. Entertaining, but of no real purpose.

6. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I already know you "don't buy that". You can't handle the truth. You were never a slave. You never lived under slavery, yet you use slavery to keep yourself holding a grudge against white people. You deny being a victim, yet you take every opportunity to be the victim. How long you been playing your sick little game? Must have worked for you for a while. It's getting old.
    And I need you to tell that? The truth? Let's not talk about any objects foreign to you. I bring up slavery because it's so ingrained in the American subconscious as to have never quite healed. Folks can't even have an intelligent discussion about race, without pointing fingers.
    A victim sits and complains and does nothing to better his or her lot. I take you people (and I use the term "loosely") to task, every chance I get. I challenge the lies and the innuendoes. And what do I get for it? Being called a racist...simply because you refuse to look at your own racism. I have never denied anyone a job. Never scapegoated anyone. Never used race as a vehicle to thwart someone's progress. Never had a double standard as it applies to wages paid, tasks to be done, or accolades to be awarded.
    When you're in the position of power and clout, as a white person...the ill effects of a black racist is negligible. But when you're black and vulnerable and whites hold all the cards, white racism can have a considerable impact on you as a person. Therein lies the difference. But darling, I've never let it interfere with my progress.
    I don't work for "the man" anymore...and I don't have to listen to his mouth, anymore. I'm my own person...and I'm making it. And I don't need you or anyone to help me...or to tell me otherwise. Paul Mooney, in his video said, "White folks have never gotten over black folks getting away" (from slavery)...and as a result you are fit to be tied...pissed off.
    And the only thing that would make you happy is to see it return. Can't stand living next to black folks and during slavery we stayed in your house. Hypocrites.

7. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Ever go to circus and see the freaks? That's you. Entertaining, but of no real purpose.
    Sticks and stones. What else you got? I'm just thankful that I'm not you.

8. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Sticks and stones. What else you got? I'm just thankful that I'm not you.
    You should be thankful for a lot of things besides being thankful you're not me. You should be thankful you were born in the USA instead of some hell hole where 99% of black people are born. People like you are just natural whiners. You're mentally ill.

9. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You should be thankful for a lot of things besides being thankful you're not me. You should be thankful you were born in the USA instead of some hell hole where 99% of black people are born. People like you are just natural whiners. You're mentally ill.
    Bitch, what are you thankful for? You could have been born in Northern Ireland, and blown up by a bomb. Or you could have been born Jewish in Nazi Germany...or Muslim in Bosnia. What kind of a statement is that to make to any African-American, that I should be thankful to be born in the USA, where once I was proud, and today, I'm appalled and in horror at the public display going on. Who knew racism, bigotry and hate was so virulent, tangible and lurking beneath the surface all this time. Smiling in our faces while hiding the knife, which could have been impaled , at a moment's notice, as soon as our heads were turned. And you have the audacity to suggest that it's our own doing.
    Whiners? Mentally ill? Oh, that I could be in a room alone with you for 5 minutes. Enlightenment would be all I'd have to offer you.

10. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

And I need you to tell that? The truth? Let's not talk about any objects foreign to you. I bring up slavery because it's so ingrained in the American subconscious as to have never quite healed. Folks can't even have an intelligent discussion about race, without pointing fingers.
    A victim sits and complains and does nothing to better his or her lot. I take you people (and I use the term "loosely") to task, every chance I get. I challenge the lies and the innuendoes. And what do I get for it? Being called a racist...simply because you refuse to look at your own racism. I have never denied anyone a job. Never scapegoated anyone. Never used race as a vehicle to thwart someone's progress. Never had a double standard as it applies to wages paid, tasks to be done, or accolades to be awarded.
    When you're in the position of power and clout, as a white person...the ill effects of a black racist is negligible. But when you're black and vulnerable and whites hold all the cards, white racism can have a considerable impact on you as a person. Therein lies the difference. But darling, I've never let it interfere with my progress.
    I don't work for "the man" anymore...and I don't have to listen to his mouth, anymore. I'm my own person...and I'm making it. And I don't need you or anyone to help me...or to tell me otherwise. Paul Mooney, in his video said, "White folks have never gotten over black folks getting away" (from slavery)...and as a result you are fit to be tied...pissed off.
    And the only thing that would make you happy is to see it return. Can't stand living next to black folks and during slavery we stayed in your house. Hypocrites.
    The Chinese had an exceedingly hard time in the US especially in the 19th century, they were to all intents and purpose slaves working on the railways and generally doing all the shit jobs. Coolies, a word that originally came from Urdu, were bought and sold in much the same way as black slaves. The essential difference though, to my mind, is that the Chinese have transcended their slave mentality and are now in the ascendancy, I'm interested in your opinion as to why that hasn't happened to the same extent with the African diaspora in the USA?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Dixie - In Memoriam (10-04-2011), USFREEDOM911 (10-05-2011)

12. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 149 Times in 138 Posts

Ut-oh

13. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Bitch, what are you thankful for? You could have been born in Northern Ireland, and blown up by a bomb. Or you could have been born Jewish in Nazi Germany...or Muslim in Bosnia. What kind of a statement is that to make to any African-American, that I should be thankful to be born in the USA, where once I was proud, and today, I'm appalled and in horror at the public display going on. Who knew racism, bigotry and hate was so virulent, tangible and lurking beneath the surface all this time. Smiling in our faces while hiding the knife, which could have been impaled , at a moment's notice, as soon as our heads were turned. And you have the audacity to suggest that it's our own doing.
    Whiners? Mentally ill? Oh, that I could be in a room alone with you for 5 minutes. Enlightenment would be all I'd have to offer you.
    That is hardly an intellectual thesis to say that you would offer violence as some kind of a cogent argument.

14. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Enlightenment would be all I'd have to offer you.
    you need to enlighten yourself before you can enlighten others, racist.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

15. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by icedancer2theend View Post
    Ut-oh
    I see that you are attempting to "punch above your weight again".

16. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 149 Times in 138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aoxomoxoa View Post
    I see that you are attempting to "punch above your weight again".
    You're out slumming for a butt spanking again aren't you tom~