Thread: So Why The Double Standard?

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,354 Times in 1,809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,133 Times in 4,488 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
    Then if you really believe this, there is no hope. Nothing we can ever do as a society will move us past this, and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was a fool to believe it possible. Is that what you are trying to tell us, that MLK was a fool?

If something is 'ingrained in the fabric of America' it can't be removed without destroying the fabric. Are you arguing that we must destroy America to get rid of this "white privilege" you fear? And let's be clear, it IS a fear you are plagued with.

Our founding fathers dropped the ball on dealing with slavery when they created America, we can't change that history, it is written, it is knowledge, it is truth. However, we can look to the brilliance in the wording of our foundation, and as Fredrick Douglass said, the Constitution and Declaration of Independence, become documents of liberation and freedom. We are dedicated to the proposition that ALL men are Created equal, and endowed by their Creator... It does not say white men take priority over black men, it doesn't say black men have less equality than white men... it says we are ALL created equal. There is a saying... "The truth will set you free." You should know where that came from, and what it means. It is from the universal understanding of all good men, black, white, yellow, red, brown, tan, albino... that we are one nation, with the fundamental principle of liberty and justice for all. If something is prohibiting you from seeing America this way, it is prohibiting you from seeing the truth, and keeping you in shackles and chains.
    Not at all. Unless you are willing to admit that you are "wrong-headed", and have taken advantage of a situation, we can never move forward, as a society, with you refusing to relinquish power, position and privilege, at all cost.
    And it's not fear I'm ingrained with...it's the breaking point, I'm no longer willing to compromise on. The ball has always been in your court...dribble, take the shot, or capitulate the game. But do something.

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by \(\(=)/)/ View Post
    LOL at a conservative who sports Confederate flags in his avatars pretending to revere MLK.
    Right?

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

"Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 560 Times in 506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by poet View Post
    Not at all. Unless you are willing to admit that you are "wrong-headed", and have taken advantage of a situation, we can never move forward, as a society, with you refusing to relinquish power, position and privilege, at all cost.
    And it's not fear I'm ingrained with...it's the breaking point, I'm no longer willing to compromise on. The ball has always been in your court...dribble, take the shot, or capitulate the game. But do something.
    What do you say to all the successful Black Americans who have broken out of the same barriers you claim are holding Black Americans down? You know.....the Uncle Toms, sellout's, Oreo's, etc......

Tell us how they made a success out of their lives. What did they do to overcome all these barriers and "white privilege" you keep talking about?

5. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    you just defined your rules in the first sentence.....they are different than those the rest of us are under.....you get to call someone "racist" who demonstrates no racist behavior......we don't.......you get to use pejoratives against those you dislike, we don't.......them's different rules.....
    Excuse me? The only explanation is that you're operating in another reality. Why on Earth would I accuse someone of being racist, that didn't exhibit the rhetoric, the mindset, or support the ideology? I wouldn't have a leg to stand upon. And you think that I would put myself out there like that, knowing my past postings? You're insane.

6. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Excuse me? The only explanation is that you're operating in another reality. Why on Earth would I accuse someone of being racist, that didn't exhibit the rhetoric, the mindset, or support the ideology? I wouldn't have a leg to stand upon. And you think that I would put myself out there like that, knowing my past postings? You're insane.
    What's a "white nigger"?

7. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alias View Post
    What do you say to all the successful Black Americans who have broken out of the same barriers you claim are holding Black Americans down? You know.....the Uncle Toms, sellout's, Oreo's, etc......

Tell us how they made a success out of their lives. What did they do to overcome all these barriers and "white privilege" you keep talking about?
    Excuse me? You seem to imply that the only successful black Americans are the ones subscribing to conservative ideology. Queen Oprah is a Democrat and supporter of Barack Obama. Bill Cosby wouldn't be caught dead supporting a Republican. Even Colin Powell endorsed Obama at the 11th hour. I don't know who you're referring to.

8. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What's a "white nigger"?
    Try looking in a mirror.

9. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Excuse me? You seem to imply that the only successful black Americans are the ones subscribing to conservative ideology. Queen Oprah is a Democrat and supporter of Barack Obama. Bill Cosby wouldn't be caught dead supporting a Republican. Even Colin Powell endorsed Obama at the 11th hour. I don't know who you're referring to.
    I never said a word about conservatives. Read my post again. You seem to have reading comprehension problem. You read a post and then your mind reads into it what you think it says instead of what it really says.

What do you say to ALL the Black Americans who have made a life of success? How did they accomplish that since according to you America is such a racist nation with "white privilege"? Can you explain that? Thanks.

10. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Try looking in a mirror.
    Robert Byrd is the one who said it. Can't you explain it to us? Aren't you an expert on race?

11. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Robert Byrd is the one who said it. Can't you explain it to us? Aren't you an expert on race?
    You asked "who". I gave you the answer, apparently it didn't meet with your approval or acknowledgment.

12. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

you're insane. you did that to me just by seeing my avatar!! hypocrite.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

13. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I never said a word about conservatives. Read my post again. You seem to have reading comprehension problem. You read a post and then your mind reads into it what you think it says instead of what it really says.

What do you say to ALL the Black Americans who have made a life of success? How did they accomplish that since according to you America is such a racist nation with "white privilege"? Can you explain that? Thanks.
    They accomplished it "in spite of" white privilege. We got through slavery...it's all a piece a cake from here on out. And a monkey don't stop a show, or a destiny.

14. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

They accomplished it "in spite of" white privilege. We got through slavery...it's all a piece a cake from here on out. And a monkey don't stop a show, or a destiny.
    You got through slavery because white people did it with you. Hundreds of thousands of white people fought along with Black people and died and sacrificed and fought the system to help you out of slavery. We all did it together. Now stop the racist bullshit.

15. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,063 Times in 960 Posts

Again, your own testament was, that no litigation could remedy the ingrained white privilege. Now you seem to be indicating that white people must relinquish any position of authority and surrender 'privileges' (undefined) to black men, and that would somehow satisfy you. Are you sure? Because, maybe once you relegated all white people, and those with white ancestry, to powerless proles, you might start thinking that it would take enslaving them for some number of years, to make amends? Or maybe you'd start thinking the world would just be better off without white people in it at all? It's important that we understand this before we relinquish all power to you, don't you think?