Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: So Why The Double Standard?

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 560 Times in 506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brazenhussy View Post
    Poet, the white n-word thing is because Robert Byrd once said it. See, what righties do is search the internet all day long looking for racially questionable or offensive language that any black person, or a white person who is a Democrat once used, and then they gleefully post that word themselves over and over. You have to understand, you are dealing with child-like mentalities here.

What's really funny is they believe the are proving something by doing this. Other than the fact they are racists. Which we all already knew.

Children.
    Exactly. We learned from the liberals how to play the game. You should take it as a compliment.

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,354 Times in 1,809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,133 Times in 4,488 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alias View Post
    I'm quoting Robert Byrd, the guy in the video. Are you familiar with him?

What's a "white nigger"?
    Well, since the n-word originally meant ignorant, enslaved, less than human, servile, subservient...I guess that would describe a great many in this forum...present company included.
    And Robert Byrd has been dead almost a year and a half, and recanted his racist past, yet folks are still using him to attempt to justify the notion that the Democratic Party still harbors vestiges of racism.
    How pathetic.

3. #63 | Top
    Good girls go to heaven, brazen hussies go everywhere
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brazenhussy
    You have to understand, you are dealing with child-like mentalities here.
    Exactly.
    So there you have it poet.

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by poet View Post
    Well, since the n-word originally meant ignorant, enslaved, less than human, servile, subservient...I guess that would describe a great many in this forum...present company included.
    And Robert Byrd has been dead almost a year and a half, and recanted his racist past, yet folks are still using him to attempt to justify the notion that the Democratic Party still harbors vestiges of racism.
    How pathetic.
    So this word is okay to use by a white person?

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I know.

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So this word is okay to use by a white person?
    No. Are you asking because you're dying to use a word you've already used, time and time again? So fixated you are.

7. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by brazenhussy View Post
    So there you have it poet.
    Why didn't you quote my entire post? See how dishonest you are. Then you whine when the same tactics are used on you. Such a whiney little baby.

8. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No. Are you asking because you're dying to use a word you've already used, time and time again? So fixated you are.
    No. I don't use the word at all in any form. I'm just trying to learn the rules of the game. If a black person can use the word "nigger", but a white person can't, can a white person use the term "white nigger" because it's okay for Robert Byrd to use it?

9. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 149 Times in 138 Posts

No. I don't use the word at all in any form. I'm just trying to learn the rules of the game. If a black person can use the word "nigger", but a white person can't, can a white person use the term "white nigger" because it's okay for Robert Byrd to use it?
    poet said that anyone who uses the word is condemned by him... black white or otherwise. I see he is now waffling.

Excuse me? What black people? Gangster rappers? Uneducated "hood rats"? No one in my circles use the word. I condemn anyone that uses it..black people et al. What makes you think that most black people aren't appalled by its' use? Seems like the only ones using it, are the refuse of society, on both or all sides.

10. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by icedancer2theend View Post
    poet said that anyone who uses the word is condemned by him... black white or otherwise. I see he is now waffling.
    That's what happens when a once normal brain that is built to use common sense has been indoctrinated by political correctness. You get all tangled up. It's amazing to watch. That leaves them with this......."you're a racist, bigot, homophobic, islamophobic, etc, etc".

11. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,063 Times in 960 Posts

LOL. You can't figure out where you are, let alone my program. My ancestry is none of your business. There was a whole lot of kinkiness going on in the family trees of many blacks...mainly due to "whites". The word is off limits, as far as I'm concerned...but that doesn't stop some 'round these parts.
    White privilege is ingrained in the fabric of America. There is no litigation against what some claim to be a phantom. Like you.
    Then if you really believe this, there is no hope. Nothing we can ever do as a society will move us past this, and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was a fool to believe it possible. Is that what you are trying to tell us, that MLK was a fool?

If something is 'ingrained in the fabric of America' it can't be removed without destroying the fabric. Are you arguing that we must destroy America to get rid of this "white privilege" you fear? And let's be clear, it IS a fear you are plagued with.

Our founding fathers dropped the ball on dealing with slavery when they created America, we can't change that history, it is written, it is knowledge, it is truth. However, we can look to the brilliance in the wording of our foundation, and as Fredrick Douglass said, the Constitution and Declaration of Independence, become documents of liberation and freedom. We are dedicated to the proposition that ALL men are Created equal, and endowed by their Creator... It does not say white men take priority over black men, it doesn't say black men have less equality than white men... it says we are ALL created equal. There is a saying... "The truth will set you free." You should know where that came from, and what it means. It is from the universal understanding of all good men, black, white, yellow, red, brown, tan, albino... that we are one nation, with the fundamental principle of liberty and justice for all. If something is prohibiting you from seeing America this way, it is prohibiting you from seeing the truth, and keeping you in shackles and chains.

12. #72 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

LOL at a conservative who sports Confederate flags in his avatars pretending to revere MLK.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guns Guns Guns For This Post:

Phantasmal (10-04-2011), poet (10-04-2011)

14. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Excuse me? A "tea bagger" is the pejorative of a member of The Tea Party. Calling someone "racist", that exhibits racist behavior and rhetoric, isn't, in and of itself, "racist".
    Explain the "different rules". If you're able. You have a long way to go before you're smarter than I.
    you just defined your rules in the first sentence.....they are different than those the rest of us are under.....you get to call someone "racist" who demonstrates no racist behavior......we don't.......you get to use pejoratives against those you dislike, we don't.......them's different rules.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

icedancer2theend (10-04-2011)

16. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,063 Times in 960 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by \(\(=)/)/ View Post
    LOL at a conservative who sports Confederate flags in his avatars pretending to revere MLK.
    I don't personally see what one has to do with the other. I have always been an admirer of Dr. King. I have always tried to live by his example and not judge people on anything other than content of character, and I've raised three kids to do the same. My mother actually met Dr. King in 1965 when she participated in the third Selma-Montgomery march. None of this has anything to do with my great-great uncles who fought and died under the confederate flag.... who were, incidentally, half-indian, and never owned slaves.

17. #75 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
    I don't personally see what one has to do with the other. I have always been an admirer of Dr. King. I have always tried to live by his example and not judge people on anything other than content of character, and I've raised three kids to do the same. My mother actually met Dr. King in 1965 when she participated in the third Selma-Montgomery march. None of this has anything to do with my great-great uncles who fought and died under the confederate flag.... who were, incidentally, half-indian, and never owned slaves.
    I believe you when you say you are ignorant of the offensiveness of the Confederate flag.

In my experience, your ignorance is wilful and extremely resistant to enlightenment.

Was your mother marching under the Confederate flag when she met allegedly MLK?

Just like most of today's Teabaggers aren't millionaires but are willing to sacrifice for those who are, most Confederate soldires didn't own slaves, but were willing to sacrifice for those who did.

I can only conclude that those willing to sacrifice their own well-being to preserve the privileges of people like slave owners and the Kochs are insane.

The defeat of your ancestors, who fought to defend slave-owners, has nothing to do with you, and you're the one who chooses your avatars.