Thread: So Why The Double Standard?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 560 Times in 506 Posts

Default So Why The Double Standard?

This should be interesting. Get into it.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...t_walters.html

I think this is "conditioning". Blacks are conditioned to the word being okay if used by blacks, but react differently when a white person uses the word. Our society has made the word taboo, yet we excuse it when a black person uses it. I believe this is wrong. Either anyone can say it or no one can. Otherwise, what we have is just more racism.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

double standard? it's the most commonly used tactic by racist leftists and blacks.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,354 Times in 1,809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,133 Times in 4,488 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou View Post
    double standard? it's the most commonly used tactic by racist leftists and blacks.
    Oh, are you throwing a hissy fit, as well, because you demand to use the word? Such irony. "Racist leftists and blacks"....about a word which singularly defines a racist. LOL

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by poet View Post
    Oh, are you throwing a hissy fit, as well, because you demand to use the word? Such irony. "Racist leftists and blacks"....about a word which singularly defines a racist. LOL
    amusingly, i'm not surprised you dodged the entire point of the double standard as it applies to you.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou View Post
    amusingly, i'm not surprised you dodged the entire point of the double standard as it applies to you.
    Really? Can't see why...I don't use racial pejoratives, as a rule.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

you are so full of shit.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

after I took you to task about being a racist "bagger"
    as pointed out in the OP, apparently you operate under different rules....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alias View Post
    This should be interesting. Get into it.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...t_walters.html

I think this is "conditioning". Blacks are conditioned to the word being okay if used by blacks, but react differently when a white person uses the word. Our society has made the word taboo, yet we excuse it when a black person uses it. I believe this is wrong. Either anyone can say it or no one can. Otherwise, what we have is just more racism.
    It's not racism because the objects of the word, share a context and a history that you could never share. It makes them equals...whereas whites used the word to demean and to depreciate human beings. Are you serious? You think a black saying the word and a white saying the word is the same thing? Explain how that could be. And to top it off, you think it's racist for you to be forbidden to use the word. Explain a context in which using the word would be respectful, appropriate, or innocuous being used by a white person.
    More white privilege ("I can say, do, think anything, because I'm white), on your part. I'm here to short-circuit that shit.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,063 Times in 960 Posts

It's not racism because the objects of the word, share a context and a history that you could never share. It makes them equals...whereas whites used the word to demean and to depreciate human beings. Are you serious? You think a black saying the word and a white saying the word is the same thing? Explain how that could be. And to top it off, you think it's racist for you to be forbidden to use the word. Explain a context in which using the word would be respectful, appropriate, or innocuous being used by a white person.
    More white privilege ("I can say, do, think anything, because I'm white), on your part. I'm here to short-circuit that shit.
    I'm curious... I happen to be 1/16 African-American... is that enough black blood for me to use the N-word and not be racist? Obama is half white, but he looks black... so is it alright for someone like Obama, who looks more black, to use the N-word? Does this go by whether you look black, or how much black blood you have? Maybe it's one of those 'purist' things, you have to be all black and look all black, to be able to use the N-word? Maybe if you have "one drop" of white blood, it forbids you from using the word? Is that how it works, poet?

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,725 Times in 2,959 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 333 Times in 317 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
    I'm curious... I happen to be 1/16 African-American... is that enough black blood for me to use the N-word and not be racist? Obama is half white, but he looks black... so is it alright for someone like Obama, who looks more black, to use the N-word? Does this go by whether you look black, or how much black blood you have? Maybe it's one of those 'purist' things, you have to be all black and look all black, to be able to use the N-word? Maybe if you have "one drop" of white blood, it forbids you from using the word? Is that how it works, poet?

Why don't you go give it a whirl and let us know how you make out?

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by David St. Hubbins View Post
    Well the problem is, I have trouble using racial pejoratives, I always have... they just don't want to come out of my mouth. I don't have any problem with other types of pejoratives, I can call people stupid and dumb all day long... I use 'pinhead' regularly... but when it involves race, creed or ethnicity, I have trouble with it. Being that I am 1/16 black, I am curious as to whether that means I am a racist? Can someone clarify the rules on this please?

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 560 Times in 506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by David St. Hubbins View Post
    Are you a white nigger?

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alias View Post
    Are you a white nigger?
    For someone who claims they aren't racist...you just used a racial pejorative. Hello?

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
    I wouldn't know, as I don't use the word. And I don't approve of the word being used by anyone. You don't get it, obviously. The context, the history, the implication.
    Me, saying it to another black, is a universe apart from you saying it to me. If you can't get that...I can't help you. Why do you feel the need to say it, in the first place? That's the question. I'm roughly 1/6 white, which is more than your 1/16...does that enable me to be a member of the "good ol' boys" club, or to exercise "white privilege"?

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I wouldn't know, as I don't use the word. And I don't approve of the word being used by anyone. You don't get it, obviously. The context, the history, the implication.
    Me, saying it to another black, is a universe apart from you saying it to me. If you can't get that...I can't help you. Why do you feel the need to say it, in the first place? That's the question. I'm roughly 1/6 white, which is more than your 1/16...does that enable me to be a member of the "good ol' boys" club, or to exercise "white privilege"?
    How do you figure you are 1/6th ANYTHING? You have 2 parents, 4 grandparents, 8 great grandparents, 16 great-great grandparents. You can be 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, or 1/16... I don't comprehend how you could ever be 1/6th, unless there is some pretty kinky shit happening in your family tree. Which of your ancestors was white? Maybe I can help you figure this out?

Back to the argument... I don't feel the need to say the n-word, I was just curious as to whether I could, and not be considered a racist. Does it go by your actual skin color... if you look black enough, it's okay? Or is it your bloodline? And does your bloodline have to be pure? I'm just trying to get my mind around this... you claim it's not a racist and offensive word in some cases, and in other cases it is reprehensible... I'm just trying to figure out where we draw the distinctions?

As for your membership in the good ole boys club.... if you know of such a place and they won't let you join because you are black, the ACLU will be glad to take your case pro bono, as this would be a flagrant violation of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Also, if you know of any business or institution exercising "white privilege" this can be litigated as well. I wasn't sure you were aware of the new laws, they've only been in effect for the past 47 years.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Dixie - In Memoriam For This Post:

icedancer2theend (10-04-2011)