Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: So Why The Double Standard?

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

Haven't you guys ever watched Seinfeld? It is fine if you are a [ ??? ] to criticize yourself, your religion, your ethnic makeup, your class position, your race, your anything, because in doing so you are referencing you. You can be self critical as it is hard to stereotype oneself, that would be tautology, there's only one you. Whenever I become the spic part of me, I steal hubcaps, whenever I take on the Austrian side of me, I steal your investment account. See how different my personas are. See how easy is it for me. Take a lesson from me, but please don't ascribe to me of the moniker Crook. As then I'd have to beat the living stuffing outta you. Thanks for your respect.
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

2. The Following User Says Thank You to midcan5 For This Post:

christiefan915 (10-04-2011)

3. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 560 Times in 506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    Haven't you guys ever watched Seinfeld? It is fine if you are a [ ??? ] to criticize yourself, your religion, your ethnic makeup, your class position, your race, your anything, because in doing so you are referencing you. You can be self critical as it is hard to stereotype oneself, that would be tautology, there's only one you. Whenever I become the spic part of me, I steal hubcaps, whenever I take on the Austrian side of me, I steal your investment account. See how different my personas are. See how easy is it for me. Take a lesson from me, but please don't ascribe to me of the moniker Crook. As then I'd have to beat the living stuffing outta you. Thanks for your respect.
    Hey, Pancho, make that a large burrito....gracias.

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,354 Times in 1,809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,133 Times in 4,488 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alias View Post
    What's a "white nigger"?
    You don't really want me to go there, do you? LOL

5. #49 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

I love it - when a board rightie (Webbway) is honest about racism on the right, other righties use the "No true Scotsman" gambit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

6. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Are you a white nigger?
    For someone who claims they aren't racist...you just used a racial pejorative. Hello?

7. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by poet View Post
    You don't really want me to go there, do you? LOL
    Oh, but I really do want you to go there. This is fun.

8. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,063 Times in 960 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Since we are doing complicated genetic mathematics... What would you be if 4 of 8 of your Great Grandparents were 1/4 Native American each, one of your Grandparents who were their issue marries a person who is 1/2 Native American... Then your parents meet... And create you?
    It would make you 5/16 native american, if my math is correct.

9. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

For someone who claims they aren't racist...you just used a racial pejorative. Hello?
    I'm quoting Robert Byrd, the guy in the video. Are you familiar with him?

What's a "white nigger"?

10. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
    How do you figure you are 1/6th ANYTHING? You have 2 parents, 4 grandparents, 8 great grandparents, 16 great-great grandparents. You can be 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, or 1/16... I don't comprehend how you could ever be 1/6th, unless there is some pretty kinky shit happening in your family tree. Which of your ancestors was white? Maybe I can help you figure this out?

Back to the argument... I don't feel the need to say the n-word, I was just curious as to whether I could, and not be considered a racist. Does it go by your actual skin color... if you look black enough, it's okay? Or is it your bloodline? And does your bloodline have to be pure? I'm just trying to get my mind around this... you claim it's not a racist and offensive word in some cases, and in other cases it is reprehensible... I'm just trying to figure out where we draw the distinctions?

As for your membership in the good ole boys club.... if you know of such a place and they won't let you join because you are black, the ACLU will be glad to take your case pro bono, as this would be a flagrant violation of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Also, if you know of any business or institution exercising "white privilege" this can be litigated as well. I wasn't sure you were aware of the new laws, they've only been in effect for the past 47 years.
    LOL. You can't figure out where you are, let alone my program. My ancestry is none of your business. There was a whole lot of kinkiness going on in the family trees of many blacks...mainly due to "whites". The word is off limits, as far as I'm concerned...but that doesn't stop some 'round these parts.
    White privilege is ingrained in the fabric of America. There is no litigation against what some claim to be a phantom. Like you.

11. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,530 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

If one of your parents was gay, would that make 1/2 gay?
    I don't think it is an ethnicity. Wouldn't that be like "1/2 pregnant" though? You either are, or are not.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

12. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Is anyone here a white nigger?
    Silence is golden.

13. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I don't think it is an ethnicity. Wouldn't that be like "1/2 pregnant" though? You either are, or are not.
    Gay people claim they are born gay, so I'm just wondering.....perhaps they would be bisexual..........

14. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Silence is golden.
    Poet is speechless..........Oh my.

Since you're an expert on matters of race, I thought for sure you could tell us what Robert Byrd is talking about. Oh well.

15. #59 | Top
    Good girls go to heaven, brazen hussies go everywhere
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 10 Posts

Silence is golden.
    Poet, the white n-word thing is because Robert Byrd once said it. See, what righties do is search the internet all day long looking for racially questionable or offensive language that any black person, or a white person who is a Democrat once used, and then they gleefully post that word themselves over and over. You have to understand, you are dealing with child-like mentalities here.

What's really funny is they believe the are proving something by doing this. Other than the fact they are racists. Which we all already knew.

Children.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to brazenhussy For This Post:

christiefan915 (10-04-2011)

17. #60 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

Failias is an equal-opportunity troller. When he can't get the response he craves using racial epithets, he tries the sexual gambit.