Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: So Why The Double Standard?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 560 Times in 506 Posts

Default So Why The Double Standard?

This should be interesting. Get into it.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...t_walters.html

I think this is "conditioning". Blacks are conditioned to the word being okay if used by blacks, but react differently when a white person uses the word. Our society has made the word taboo, yet we excuse it when a black person uses it. I believe this is wrong. Either anyone can say it or no one can. Otherwise, what we have is just more racism.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

double standard? it's the most commonly used tactic by racist leftists and blacks.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,354 Times in 1,809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,133 Times in 4,488 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alias View Post
    This should be interesting. Get into it.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...t_walters.html

I think this is "conditioning". Blacks are conditioned to the word being okay if used by blacks, but react differently when a white person uses the word. Our society has made the word taboo, yet we excuse it when a black person uses it. I believe this is wrong. Either anyone can say it or no one can. Otherwise, what we have is just more racism.
    It's not racism because the objects of the word, share a context and a history that you could never share. It makes them equals...whereas whites used the word to demean and to depreciate human beings. Are you serious? You think a black saying the word and a white saying the word is the same thing? Explain how that could be. And to top it off, you think it's racist for you to be forbidden to use the word. Explain a context in which using the word would be respectful, appropriate, or innocuous being used by a white person.
    More white privilege ("I can say, do, think anything, because I'm white), on your part. I'm here to short-circuit that shit.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou View Post
    double standard? it's the most commonly used tactic by racist leftists and blacks.
    Oh, are you throwing a hissy fit, as well, because you demand to use the word? Such irony. "Racist leftists and blacks"....about a word which singularly defines a racist. LOL

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by poet View Post
    Oh, are you throwing a hissy fit, as well, because you demand to use the word? Such irony. "Racist leftists and blacks"....about a word which singularly defines a racist. LOL
    amusingly, i'm not surprised you dodged the entire point of the double standard as it applies to you.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

6. #6 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

Why don't conservatives own up to the racists in their ranks...

Quote Originally Posted by webbway View Post
    :lol:

Yet the liberals pray to this nigger and think he walks on water.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

amusingly, i'm not surprised you dodged the entire point of the double standard as it applies to you.
    Really? Can't see why...I don't use racial pejoratives, as a rule.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

you are so full of shit.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

you are so full of shit.
    Really? And you just revealed your true colors...after I took you to task about being a racist "bagger", and here you are in this very thread, complaining about your frustration concerning using the n-word, or the big deal about it. Hello?

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

after I took you to task about being a racist "bagger"
    as pointed out in the OP, apparently you operate under different rules....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    as pointed out in the OP, apparently you operate under different rules....
    after I took you to task about being a racist "bagger"
    Excuse me? A "tea bagger" is the pejorative of a member of The Tea Party. Calling someone "racist", that exhibits racist behavior and rhetoric, isn't, in and of itself, "racist".
    Explain the "different rules". If you're able. You have a long way to go before you're smarter than I.

12. #12 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

I've noticed that Webbways' overt racism seemingly isn't worthy of any rightwing rebuke.

Tacit agreement?

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Really? And you just revealed your true colors...after I took you to task about being a racist "bagger", and here you are in this very thread, complaining about your frustration concerning using the n-word, or the big deal about it. Hello?
    hello? you're a stupid fucking clueless racist. this entire board fucking knows it. the fact that half the idiot leftists on this board support you also reveals their stupidity. you live in a fantasy world that leads you to believe it's ok for YOU to use racially tinged names against those you don't like, yet freely accuse others of racism with no evidence whatsoever.

14. #14 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

The only racist perjorative I see in this thread is the one used by Webby.

Is he a leftist?

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

hello? you're a stupid fucking clueless racist. this entire board fucking knows it. the fact that half the idiot leftists on this board support you also reveals their stupidity. you live in a fantasy world that leads you to believe it's ok for YOU to use racially tinged names against those you don't like, yet freely accuse others of racism with no evidence whatsoever.
    Uh, reality check. Everyone knows, and it's conventional wisdom that conservatives aren't "the sharpest knives in the drawer". Intellectual and Conservative/Republican don't mix.
    You and others here keep repeating the same mantra.."Poet is a racist, poet is a racist", but no one...not a single forum member, has been able to elaborate or explain how I'm a racist. A racist doesn't pick and choose which individuals of a group he or she is not going to be racist against. I have white friends and acquaintances, which clearly means, I don't have a problem with white people. Never have. I have problems with racists, bigots, fake Christians, and hypocrites................of any color. My black friends don't go around hating on whites. My Asian friends don't go around hating on Hispanics. My white friends don't go around hating on gays. I reject intolerance and bigotry. So, who, pray tell, for the zillioneth time, am I racist against?

And lefties, did you catch that? SmarterThanNobody just called you out, as idiots, coddling me. The idiot has a militia emblem as an avatar, which aligns him to The Tea Party, making him "a bagger"...and he has the audacity to call me a racist. Bitch, you don't want to be called a duck, quit waddling, quacking and rustling feathers.