Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Another whining Rightie.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,611 Times in 7,328 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,966 Times in 1,782 Posts

Default Another whining Rightie.

They just do not get it...the poor baby has to struggle to survive on a measly $400,000.00 a year!

Tea party Rep.: Only $400,000 left after ‘I feed my family’

Tea party Rep. John Fleming (R-LA) used himself as an example Monday while arguing against President Barack Obama’s plan to make sure millionaires pay about the same tax rate as the people that work for them.

“In my own case, I own LLCs,” Fleming told MSNBC’s Chris Jansing. “The income flows to my personal tax return and whatever is left over after taxes are paid, I feed my family on the one hand and on the other hand, I reinvest in my business.”

“With all due respect, The Wall Street Journal estimated that your businesses, which I believe are Subway sandwich shops and UPS stores — very successful — brought you last year, over $6 million,” Jansing noted.

“Yeah, that’s before you pay 500 employees, you pay rent, you pay equipment and food,” Fleming agreed. “Since my net income — and again, that’s the individual rate that I told you about — the amount that I have to reinvest in my business and feed my family is more like $600,000 of that $6.3 million. And so by the time I feed my family, I have maybe $400,000 left over to invest in new locations, upgrade my locations, buy more equipment.”

“You do understand, Congressman, the average person out there making 40, 50, $60,000 a year, when they hear that you have $400,000 left over, it’s not exactly a sympathetic position?” Jansing asked.

“Again, class warfares never created a job,” Fleming replied. “That’s people that will not get jobs. This is all about creating jobs. It’s not about attacking people who make certain incomes. You know, in this country, most people feel that being successful in their businesses is a virtue, not a vice. And once we begin to identify it as a vice, this country is going down.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rawreplay/20...eed-my-family/
    What kind of country have we become?

One in which federal prosecutors can take “evidence” before a “grand jury,”

and that grand jury can “vote to indict” a former president for 91 alleged “crimes”?

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,119 Times in 1,992 Posts

why does the government have the right to take his money? seems liberals would rather the government take the money, instead of him investing in his business which no doubt creates many jobs.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

btw, 400K to run a business isn't much money. clearly you two have class envy and no real understanding of money.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

when the fool makes 10x as much as I do and has health insurance, with a wife who is not awaiting a heart transplant, he looks moronic to whine about feeding his family.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou View Post
    when the fool makes 10x as much as I do and has health insurance, with a wife who is not awaiting a heart transplant, he looks moronic to whine about feeding his family.
    he isn't talking about feeding his family.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    btw, 400K to run a business isn't much money. clearly you two have class envy and no real understanding of money.
    Your hate for me once again blinds you from the true facts of this story...the guy made over SIX MILLION DOLLARS LAST YEAR...he only had $400,000 left over after paying the bills and "running the business".

Do try and READ the article before you go off on another one of your pissy little lectures:

“With all due respect, The Wall Street Journal estimated that your businesses, which I believe are Subway sandwich shops and UPS stores — very successful — brought you last year, over $6 million,” Jansing noted.

“Yeah, that’s before you pay 500 employees, you pay rent, you pay equipment and food,” Fleming agreed. “Since my net income — and again, that’s the individual rate that I told you about — the amount that I have to reinvest in my business and feed my family is more like $600,000 of that $6.3 million. And so by the time I feed my family, I have maybe $400,000 left over to invest in new locations, upgrade my locations, buy more equipment.”

“You do understand, Congressman, the average person out there making 40, 50, $60,000 a year, when they hear that you have $400,000 left over, it’s not exactly a sympathetic position?” Jansing asked.

and that grand jury can “vote to indict” a former president for 91 alleged “crimes”?

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ZappasGuitar View Post
    Your hate for me once again blinds you from the true facts of this story...the guy made over SIX MILLION DOLLARS LAST YEAR...he only had $400,000 left over after paying the bills and "running the business".

Do try and READ the article before you go off on another one of your pissy little lectures:

are you ever honest?

invest in new locations, upgrade my locations, buy more equipment.”

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by \(\()/)/ View Post
    Yurt: must protect the rich....must protect the rich...must protect the rich....must protect the rich...must protect the rich....must protect the rich...must protect the rich....must protect the rich...must protect the rich....must protect the rich...must protect the rich....must protect the rich...must protect the rich....must protect the rich...must protect the rich....must protect the rich...must protect the rich....must protect the rich...must protect the rich....must protect the rich...must protect the rich....must protect the rich...must protect the rich....must protect the rich...must protect the rich....must protect the rich...must protect the rich....must protect the rich...must protect the rich....must protect the rich...must protect the rich....must protect the rich...must protect the rich....must protect the rich...must protect the rich....must protect the rich...must protect the rich....must protect the rich...must protect the rich....must protect the rich...must protect the rich....must protect the rich...must protect the rich....must protect the rich...must protect the rich....must protect the rich...must protect the rich....must protect the rich...must protect the rich....must protect the rich...must protect the rich....must protect the rich...must protect the rich....must protect the rich...must protect the rich....must protect the rich...
    how do you explain that i want bush era tax cuts to expire for those making over 500K?

oooops, more legion lies because he can't debate the actual issues.

9. #9 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

how do you explain that i want bush era tax cuts to expire for those making over 500K? oooops, more legion lies because he can't debate the actual issues.

Cite.

10. #10 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

You make $600,000 @ year?

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Cite.
    i've said it numerous times, it is one reason dixie calls me a liberal. i was against the gop fighting for extending the cuts, at first i was for a million plus, then i revised it to 500,000 after reading more on the issue.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You make $600,000 @ year?
    good lord you are retard and have no understanding of business, income or economics

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

are you ever honest?

Are YOU? The article CLEARLY states the guy makes $6.3 MILLION a year which he uses to "pay 500 employees, you pay rent, you pay equipment and food,”...in other words RUN THE BUSINESS.

The Wall Street Journal estimated that your businesses...brought you last year, over $6 million,” Jansing noted.

“Yeah, that’s before you pay 500 employees, you pay rent, you pay equipment and food,” Fleming agreed. “Since my net income — and again, that’s the individual rate that I told you about —the amount that I have to reinvest in my business and feed my family is more like $600,000 of that $6.3 million. And so by the time I feed my family, I have maybe $400,000 left over to invest in new locations, upgrade my locations, buy more equipment.”

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Are YOU? The article CLEARLY states the guy makes $6.3 MILLION a year which he uses to "pay 500 employees, you pay rent, you pay equipment and food,”...in other words RUN THE BUSINESS.
    invest in new locations, upgrade my locations, buy more equipment.”
    so you think the above is not part of running a business?

15. #15 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

good lord you are retard and have no understanding of business, income or economics

Reading and comprehension issues?

Fleming makes 10X more than SmarterThanFew.

If Fleming makes $6.3 million, and SmarterThanFew makes 1/10 of that, how much does SmarterThanFew make?