Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Where are the jobs?

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,119 Times in 1,992 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Onceler View Post
    You wrote that Obama promised that spending money would create jobs. Were you not referring to the stimulus?
    obama has only referred to the stimulus when talking about spending money for jobs?

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 287 Times in 274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    obama has only referred to the stimulus when talking about spending money for jobs?
    That didn't answer the question. Were you not referring to the stimulus then? Is that really what you're asserting?

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

That didn't answer the question. Were you not referring to the stimulus then? Is that really what you're asserting?
    you are playing semantics. Bottom line, the growth in jobs has stagnated. It had a dead cat bounce with the market bottoming and the stimulus money, but ever since the Obamacare fiasco was enacted.... what happened to job growth?
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,119 Times in 1,992 Posts

answer my question and you will have your answer.

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,373 Times in 4,319 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,440 Times in 2,029 Posts

The stimulus was never supposed to restore the unemployment rate to sub-5% levels on its own. I'm not sure where you got that. It was supposed to create jobs & turn the tide, so that the private sector could take over. That hasn't happened yet.

But it's ludicrous for you & Yurt to try to assert that no jobs were created, or that it didn't add jobs in any way. It fell short of targets, but still created hundreds of thousands of jobs.
    I didn't assert that no jobs were created, .I DON'T KNOW WHERE YOU GOT THAT ......and

I didn't mention any 5% level or any level....I DON'T KNOW WHERE YOU GOT THAT shit either....but I do remember something about 8%, don't you ?

No it hasn't happened yet.....when jobs do return you'll be telling us how the Obama plan worked so well even if it takes until 2014 for the jobs to appear and the President is a republican....
    Put blame where it belongs
    ATF decided it could not regulate bump stocks during the Obama administration.
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."
    The ATF and Obama admin. ignored the NRA recommendations.

6. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    you are playing semantics. Bottom line, the growth in jobs has stagnated. It had a dead cat bounce with the market bottoming and the stimulus money, but ever since the Obamacare fiasco was enacted.... what happened to job growth?
    I was not a huge supporter of Obamacare, but I fail to see the "fiasco" yet. People keep promising it, and they may be right, but I have hardly seen it.

A strange thing happened w/ this past recession. Businesses found that working people were so terrified, that they'd work more hours for less, and not complain about it. So, businesses could get the same or even more done, with fewer personnel, and not feel as much need to keep hiring.

I'm not sure how you fix that, but it's outside the realm of gov't, I would think.

7. #52 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

In order to justify their desire to spend hundreds of billions of dollars on the already very well-off, Republicans claimed they are defending small businesses from a tax increase.

"To those who are pushing the higher marginal rates, I say the burden is on you to show that you are not harming our primary job creators, small business," said Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa.

"This is about stopping a job-killing tax hike on small businesses during tough economic times," added Utah GOP Sen. Orrin Hatch.

According to the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, a nonpartisan think tank in Washington, fewer than 2 percent of small businesses make enough to file in the top two income tax brackets.

Far more, 14 percent, claim the Earned Income Tax Credit, which is only available to low-income workers.

In fact, less than 3 percent of people with any business income at all—from an enterprise large or small—would be affected if the rates on the top two tax brackets increase, according to the Congressional Joint Committee on Taxation.

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2010/08/13/jobs-and-the-big-bush-tax-cut-bamboozle

8. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Maybe he was referring to Obama not raising the tax rates as an attempt to create jobs....
    It that time," the NRA wrote in a statement. "The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semiautomatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."

9. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by bravo View Post
    Maybe he was referring to Obama not raising the tax rates as an attempt to create jobs....
    I don't think so, since he specifically said "spending money."

But, you are braindead, so there is that.

10. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I was not a huge supporter of Obamacare, but I fail to see the "fiasco" yet. People keep promising it, and they may be right, but I have hardly seen it.

A strange thing happened w/ this past recession. Businesses found that working people were so terrified, that they'd work more hours for less, and not complain about it. So, businesses could get the same or even more done, with fewer personnel, and not feel as much need to keep hiring.

I'm not sure how you fix that, but it's outside the realm of gov't, I would think.
    You're letting your imagination get the best of you.....but if productivity is up and the labor stays constant, it sure as hell isn't because workers are working longer hours for less.....unless you're talking about illegal immigrants....a lot of workers are sitting on their asses collecting checks for 2+ years instead of working....I know some personally.....

11. #56 | Top
    Guns Guns Guns Guest

Republicans also are fond of claiming that 50 percent of small business income claimed on personal tax returns is subject to the top two tax rates.

Says Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky anytime he gets the chance: "What they propose to do is raise taxes on the top two rates, which would capture about 50 percent of small business income."

Not only is this untrue, it is largely beside the point.

While half of all net business income claimed on personal returns is subjected to the top two tax rates, this includes an array of money that in no way resembles earnings from a small business.

Counting it all as small business income is to suggest that every partner in a law firm, everyone earning money from a hedge fund investment, and every passive investor in an oil or gas venture is an individual small business.

Making money from investing in real estate or a trust fund? Congratulations--to a Republican, you're a small business!

In fact, using the GOP metric, the $84 that President Bush made from passive oil investments in 2001 made him a small business owner.

Should we be counting on this kind of investment by the former president to create the massive number of jobs needed to counteract the effects of the Great Recession?

The fact is, exceedingly few small businesses are subject to the highest tax rates. Plus, at the end of the day, the income tax is levied on just that—income, not profits—so small business owners taking home $1 million per year ought to be taxed like anybody else making that much if they chose to report their small business earnings as income.

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2010/08/13/jobs-and-the-big-bush-tax-cut-bamboozle

12. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by bravo View Post
    You're letting your imagination get the best of you.....but if productivity is up and the labor stays constant, it sure as hell isn't because workers are working longer hours for less.....unless you're talking about illegal immigrants....a lot of workers are sitting on their asses collecting checks for 2+ years instead of working....I know some personally.....
    No doubt, there are workers whose hours are cut. For many workers on straight salary, they are working more hours, and getting nothing or little in return for that, to compensate for those who were laid off.

13. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Do you think it just a simple coincidence that hiring all but ceased after Obamacare was enacted?

That in an of itself is a fiasco. Just wait until the actual costs of the monstrosity are implemented. Obamacare, like Obama, is soon to be repealed.
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

14. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No doubt, there are workers whose hours are cut. For many workers on straight salary, they are working more hours, and getting nothing or little in return for that, to compensate for those who were laid off.

LINK
    Quote from Cypress:

15. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't think so, since he specifically said "spending money."

now, nbw, don't get pissed just because you getting pwned again.....

You put the first comma in the wrong place.....

"I don't think so, since...... should read, I don't think, so since......"-----------the "I" being you....