1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,614 Times in 21,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default RED ALERT - Lieberman lost - RED ALRET

RED ALERT - Midterms comming - RED ALRET

They bombed trains in London, no red alert...

They bombed trains in Madrid, no red alert...

Red alert is reserved for innimate threat... I thought the Britts captured them?

What happened to fighting them in Iraq instead of at home?

Just last night the White House said...

Pulling out of Iraq = another 9-11!

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,530 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

LOL. Scotland Yard finds out They were planning on blowing up planes between the US and the UK and it isn't salient to one of the nations? Come on, Jarod... And you think somehow that Bush has control over Scotland Yard? Conspiracy theories are beginning to reach a bit now.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

as a person who is flying tomorrow... i think it is a valid to raise the alert.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Blog Entries

I have to say, that's some pretty scary $hit if it went down the way its being reported.

However I'm sure we can all breathe a sigh of relief knowing that the MacDonald's Petting Zoo near Huntsville, AL is safe.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13822662/

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Two days after the voters show they will run pro-war incumbents out of office we have a red alert? How convenient. Every damn time something happens to make Bushco look bad or threaten their grip on power, there magically appears a terror alert. And they can't share any details or provide any evidence because of future prosecutions in the UK? As if what is discussed in the US has any legal bearing on the admissibility of evidence in the UK? Please. If the same people are always in the vicinity of a series of crimes, but always have a reasonable sounding alibi. do you ignore them as suspects or do you examine their alibis more closely to see if they really stand up?

WOLF! WOLF! I SWEAR TO GOD, THERE'S REALLY A WOLF THIS TIME!

Give me a fucking break.
    "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

"I was a Republican...until they lost their minds."
    Charles Barkley

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by LadyT View Post
    I have to say, that's some pretty scary $hit if it went down the way its being reported.

However I'm sure we can all breathe a sigh of relief knowing that the MacDonald's Petting Zoo near Huntsville, AL is safe.

LOL lady t!!! thats awesome!!!

thank god for that... praise jesus!

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    LOL. Scotland Yard finds out They were planning on blowing up planes between the US and the UK and it isn't salient to one of the nations? Come on, Jarod... And you think somehow that Bush has control over Scotland Yard? Conspiracy theories are beginning to reach a bit now.

I agree this one is more legit than the others... but this is what they get when they play games with the alert system.

Also, what they discovered MIGHT justify an orange alert... but by issueing a red alert they are claiming a imminnate threat!

Scotland yard did not issue the red alert for the US, The Department of Homeland Security did.... Bush does have control over them!

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LadyT View Post

Makes me sleep better at night knowing they are watching the Quakers of Palm Beach County.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,530 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Red is only for NY, not for everybody. This is a strawman. They issued Red for the places where planes land from the UK. It is logical to do so in this case.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

damo is that red for NY flights outbound, or is it NY flights inbound only from England that are red.?

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Red is only for NY, not for everybody. This is a strawman. They issued Red for the places where planes land from the UK. It is logical to do so in this case.

Planes from the UK land in Miami, Orlando, Washington, D.C., Philly, Newark, Atlanta, Charlotte, Tampa, Birmingham, Richmond, and likely Boston!

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yet our dumb @$$ gov't wants to direct homeland security funds from major metropolitan areas to things like cheese factories bumblefvck, montana.