Thanks
    Thanked 7,353 Times in 5,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 801 Times in 749 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default That's all I can stands....

and I can't stands no more....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/piracy

This has gone on far too long. How inept is the international community that we can't protect shipping from these assholes?

No more capturing them. blow them the hell out of the water. Use drones. Use satellites. Use destroyers. Use subs. Whatever it takes.

To the asshole pirate in the link above who wants us to release his fellow pirates.... send a message... let those captured walk to the end of a short plank and have a nice young officer put a double tap in the back of their skull. Let the bodies drop into the water.... the sharks gotta eat too.

Side note: to the morons who continue sailing their yachts through these waters.... Darwin is coming for you.
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,865 Times in 7,323 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 785 Times in 732 Posts
    Blog Entries

It's incredibly difficult to fight piracy, especially from a government perspective. I've more than once propositioned the idea of using private contractors to do the job. Being specialized in nature, and also dedicated to that particular role, they will be better able to combat piracy and keep shipping lanes free, while keeping national navies out of play. No risk of government assets.
    WATERMARK, GREATEST OF THE TRINITY, ON CHIK-FIL-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.
    www.gunsbeerfreedom.blogspot.com

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,324 Times in 1,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 693 Times in 631 Posts

Jefferson fought it by being unapologetically more powerful than they were. Every president since who has taken this attitude has had success at controlling them. Our current president has apologized for the US being powerful, so as expected, we get this shit.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

this could be easily beaten if governments didn't restrict full auto access to civilians.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,324 Times in 1,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 693 Times in 631 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou View Post
    this could be easily beaten if governments didn't restrict full auto access to civilians.
    Very true. Aren't private citizens forbidden to carry guns in the territorial waters where the problems are most prevalent?

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by C'Thulhu View Post
    It's incredibly difficult to fight piracy, especially from a government perspective. I've more than once propositioned the idea of using private contractors to do the job. Being specialized in nature, and also dedicated to that particular role, they will be better able to combat piracy and keep shipping lanes free, while keeping national navies out of play. No risk of government assets.
    My guess is... you use the drones, satellites and subs that I mentioned and the poor pirates will be toast without putting our men and women in harms way. The technological advantage is overwhelmingly in our favor. Our problem is restraint. Time to take the gloves off.
    Quote from Cypress:
    "Scientists don't use "averages". Maybe armchair supertools on message boards ascribe some meaning to "averages" between two random data points. And maybe clueless amatuers "draw a straight line" through two random end data points to define a "trend". Experts don't.

They use mean annual and five year means in trend analysis. Don't tell me I have to explain the difference to you. "

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 623 Times in 562 Posts

We had an Auditor Killed in Kazakstan a couple years back.
    I'm not interested in ANY foreign assignments.
    The stone that the builder refused
    Will always be the head corner stone

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    My guess is... you use the drones, satellites and subs that I mentioned and the poor pirates will be toast without putting our men and women in harms way. The technological advantage is overwhelmingly in our favor. Our problem is restraint. Time to take the gloves off.
    Contractors could do it cheaper, and without diverting military assets.
    The fields of mediocre chicken sandwiches shall be sowed with salt, so that nothing may ever grow there again.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 33 Times in 24 Posts

Contractors could do it cheaper, and without diverting military assets.
    We know where they operate, we know how they operate. Not sure - do we know, specifically, where they operate out of?

We have the naval assets to easily cover the area. It's not like the Navy is too busy in Afghanistan to assign a couple DDs and a few PGs to the regions of interest. Protecting our interests in international shipping is a legitimate role for our military, not for some outfit of mercenaries.

Maybe its time to reinvent the Q-ship.....

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Good Luck View Post
    We know where they operate, we know how they operate. Not sure - do we know, specifically, where they operate out of?

We have the naval assets to easily cover the area. It's not like the Navy is too busy in Afghanistan to assign a couple DDs and a few PGs to the regions of interest. Protecting our interests in international shipping is a legitimate role for our military, not for some outfit of mercenaries.

Maybe its time to reinvent the Q-ship.....
    I would agree with the above and add that private contractors are not likely to possess the drones and satellites the military could put forth.
    Quote from Cypress:

11. #11 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

We need to put out info that we will no longer negotiate or tolerate piracy, then let our navy blast any craft approaching other vessels in shipping lanes.

I agree, this should not be tolerated any longer.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    We need to put out info that we will no longer negotiate or tolerate piracy, then let our navy blast any craft approaching other vessels in shipping lanes.

I agree, this should not be tolerated any longer.
    exactly.

I find it very hard to believe that with the tech available to us that we don't know where these bastards are coming from.
    Quote from Cypress:

13. #13 | Top
    WinterBorn Guest

exactly.

I find it very hard to believe that with the tech available to us that we don't know where these bastards are coming from.
    Many of the cruise ships are now armed with sonic weapons that are supposedly very effective.

Mass produce them.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

exactly.

Tech doesn't solve everything. You need actual, reliable, HUMAN intelligence. I mean look at our conflicts in the ME. Even with all our tech we still have trouble finding insurgents. Over 75% of the ones we DO find are because of reliable human sources, not electronic ones.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Tech doesn't solve everything. You need actual, reliable, HUMAN intelligence. I mean look at our conflicts in the ME. Even with all our tech we still have trouble finding insurgents. Over 75% of the ones we DO find are because of reliable human sources, not electronic ones.
    true, HUMINT is just as important in Afghanistan etc... but when you are talking about on the ocean, unless you have informants actually ON the pirate ships, then you are going to rely more on the tech. Unless I am missing something.
    Quote from Cypress: