Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Ronald Reagan at 100: The Darker Legacy

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,119 Times in 1,992 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Dancer View Post
    Being pro liberal policies are not the defining marks of being moderate- they are defining marks of being liberal.
    i don't see why liberals get all the social policies under their umbrella. gay marriage - that should be a conservative platform as by and large cons believe the government should not interfere with family and stay out of our homes...see second amendment, self defense (castle) cases....

there is a huge base of conservatives who do not support the religious rights social policies, i don't think that makes that conservative a liberal or a follower of liberal policies...

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 46 Times in 43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Onceler View Post
    Try to keep up a little, ID - I'm not the one who brought up being "okay" with abortion & supporting civil unions as examples of being a moderate. Dixie did. I merely pointed to the fact that he's lying.

And if you think Dix is a moderate, you're nuts....
    What's a moderate oncler? A moderate imo is a person willing to compromise on the periphreals; holding true to their core values and who won't neccesarilly walk lock-step if their party breaks from core values- like conservative domestic economic policy. I have heard some pretty reasonable compromises from Dix on both subjects of gay marriage and abortion. I have heard him critisize GOP policy- that makes him more moderate then say a christiefan who is a pure lock-step liberal democrat always acting the liberal apologist.

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 7 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    i don't see why liberals get all the social policies under their umbrella. gay marriage - that should be a conservative platform as by and large cons believe the government should not interfere with family and stay out of our homes...see second amendment, self defense (castle) cases....

there is a huge base of conservatives who do not support the religious rights social policies, i don't think that makes that conservative a liberal or a follower of liberal policies...
    Correct. Big government conservatives like Dixie run around claiming they want minimalist government, and then they insist that the government interfere in people's personal lives and that out military keep ballooning like a cancer. Small government? Laughable. The single biggest part of the government is the military, but you'll never see one of these big government conservatives talk about that.

Its been the goal of the parties to galvanize people around talking points.

Big government conservatives are merely republican puppets. They follow the party and allow it to dictate their beliefs.

Dixie thinks that Reagan made NO mistakes and had NO scandals. While I like reagan and think he was a good president, saying such a thing is obviously stupid and regurgitated revisionist history.

Its really quite bizarre how these big government conservatives let their party lead them around by the nose, and take pride in doing so.

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 287 Times in 274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Dancer View Post
    What's a moderate oncler? A moderate imo is a person willing to compromise on the periphreals; holding true to their core values and who won't neccesarilly walk lock-step if their party breaks from core values- like conservative domestic economic policy. I have heard some pretty reasonable compromises from Dix on both subjects of gay marriage and abortion. I have heard him critisize GOP policy- that makes him more moderate then say a christiefan who is a pure lock-step liberal democrat always acting the liberal apologist.
    A moderate is someone who is characterized by fairly moderate views, and who doesn't display overt allegiance to a party.

I can't read the sentence I just wrote and think "Dixie."

5. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    Liberals didn't prop up petty dictators or use drug dealers in an off-the-books war.
    actually....it was only an "off the books" war because short sighted liberals in Congress didn't seem concerned about the spread of communism in Central America....

6. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    actually....it was only an "off the books" war because short sighted liberals in Congress didn't seem concerned about the spread of communism in Central America....
    Which incidentally, was never a real threat to this country, but it sure made a handy excuse.

7. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,063 Times in 960 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    Which incidentally, was never a real threat to this country, but it sure made a handy excuse.
    Nothing is ever a "real threat" to this country to a liberal, until it's biting our asses off like Egypt! THEN all of a sudden, it's a huge fucked up problem no one has an answer for... like Egypt!

8. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Onceler View Post
    A moderate is someone who is characterized by fairly moderate views, and who doesn't display overt allegiance to a party.

I can't read the sentence I just wrote and think "Dixie."
    That's because I have become stigmatized. I don't complain because it doesn't bother me. But as I said, my actual viewpoints, if evaluated objectively, are anything BUT extreme, and pretty consistently moderate across the board... with the exception of fiscal issues, where I am an unapologetic conservative to the core. I don't "tow the party line" at all, I generally support the GOP because the Democrat Party is literally INSANE! There are threads all in the archives of me chastising the GOP establishment and GOP elites, as well as numerous criticisms of the Bush Administration, and fairly recent criticisms of Karl Rove and others who have tried to denigrate the Tea Party. That's not what a "party loyalist" does. As you and your liberal Democrat butt-suckers know all too well.

9. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
    Nothing is ever a "real threat" to this country to a liberal, until it's biting our asses off like Egypt! THEN all of a sudden, it's a huge fucked up problem no one has an answer for... like Egypt!
    Q.) What do big government conservatives find to be a threat?

A.) Gay marriage.

Moron. Gawd you're an idiot.

10. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Q.) What do big government conservatives find to be a threat?
    No such thing as a "big government" conservative. Nice try!

11. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
    No such thing as a "big government" conservative. Nice try!
    I know. What's that say about you?

12. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I know. What's that say about you?
    I don't know Sigmund, what do you think it says about me? I sure as fuck don't favor big government, and never have. Did your idiotic ass interpret some position I took as 'favoring' big government or something? Maybe I can straighten it out for you if you can cite the example, it's rewarding to help the retarded.

13. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The Following User Says Thank You to Beefy For This Useful Post:
    Old Fezzywig (Today)
    What the fuck are you thanking him for, and what the fuck was "useful" about that post, other than his typical "useful idiocy?"

14. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    Yea pal why don't you go down to Latin America and try laying that line of shit on the people down there and see how fast you get laughed out of the country. Conservatives in our government time and time again undermined democracy in Latin America by supporting military coups that put conservative dictators in charge of their governments cause god forbid that a Latin American country have policies that advance their interest and not ours! How many times have we aided coups that have overthrown democratically elected governments and inserted US Puppets like Pinochet?

I've been to Latin American and not only would they fall out of their chair laughing at you for making such an asinine comment they would also ask you what they asked me time and time again. "Why do you Americans hate us?". That's the legacy of conservative foreign policy in Latin America!
    Last edited by Mott the Hoople; 02-02-2011 at 11:55 PM.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

15. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

They don't want to hear the truth Beefy.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!