Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ronald Reagan at 100: The Darker Legacy

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,063 Times in 960 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    Ok, I was wrong. This is the funniest line of the day.
    May be funny, but it's true. I am moderate on most everything. Name the issue... Gay Marriage? I am in favor of Civil Unions and getting government out of the marriage licensing business.... that's a MODERATE position, not FAR RIGHT! The FAR RIGHT position is to ban homosexuality in America! Abortion? I am okay with limited abortion where life of the mother is at stake, rape, incest cases, etc. I am even okay with first-trimester abortion, if there is sufficient counseling and we can be honest about what is being aborted. Not many FAR RIGHTIES share my view on this. So there are the two top social issues of our time, and on both of them, I have a fairly moderate viewpoint. On various other social issues, I strongly favor allowing the citizens to decide for themselves at the ballot box, and I'll live with the result. I don't go around demanding people live by my mandates, I can live with the will of the people on this stuff. How is that FAR RIGHT?

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

I don't disagree that there are people who worship Obama and Clinton. I misspoke what I was trying to say. Despite the people who want to point at Obama or Clinton as examples of great presidents, there is nothing in my lifetime to come close to the fervor with which the members of the Church of The Gipper proclaim his name.

Any mention of negative things about Reagan brings out the dogs. And on this topic, Dixie is not rare.
    There hasn't been a great President in my life time. Clinton may have been the best in my life time but he was not as significant as either Ike or Truman and can't even remotely be compared to FDR.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    i've seen folks as USMB laud obama like he is christ, no matter what. i've also met some in my laugh who laud clinton like he did nothing wrong and seen them on message boards....i don't doubt your experience, but i think worshippers abound on both sides.

dixie is a far, far rightwing individual, the right can do no wrong and in fact he believes i'm a left wing wacko....i don't doubt there are others like dixie, but i just don't see it on the level you have. perhaps because i live in liberal cali on the coast
    Well if Dixie thinks your a left wing wacko then you're all right in my book!

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post

why must you be such a wacko at times?
    LOL It's his nature. He's Dixie!

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Best line of the day.
    agreed! LOL

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Ok, I was wrong. This is the funniest line of the day.
    I stand corrected. This one is

"I'm not "far far right" at all. I am quite moderate and a fiscally conservative."-- Dixie

7. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 287 Times in 274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
    May be funny, but it's true. I am moderate on most everything. Name the issue... Gay Marriage? I am in favor of Civil Unions and getting government out of the marriage licensing business.... that's a MODERATE position, not FAR RIGHT! The FAR RIGHT position is to ban homosexuality in America! Abortion? I am okay with limited abortion where life of the mother is at stake, rape, incest cases, etc. I am even okay with first-trimester abortion, if there is sufficient counseling and we can be honest about what is being aborted. Not many FAR RIGHTIES share my view on this. So there are the two top social issues of our time, and on both of them, I have a fairly moderate viewpoint. On various other social issues, I strongly favor allowing the citizens to decide for themselves at the ballot box, and I'll live with the result. I don't go around demanding people live by my mandates, I can live with the will of the people on this stuff. How is that FAR RIGHT?
    You have compared homosexuality to bestiality. And I'm calling BS on your being okay with 1st trimester abortion...BIGTIME.

You are far, far right.

8. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,119 Times in 1,992 Posts

I'm not "far far right" at all. I am quite moderate and a fiscally conservative. I also don't think you are a left-wing wacko, I think you are a misguided libertarian moderate who is very easily duped by liberal propaganda, or a former 'compassionate conservative' who still thinks we need to work with liberals and try to get along. When you are posting as yourself, you seem to be fairly inline conservative with your views, very similar to my own... but when your wife or gay lover posts as you, the viewpoint is off the charts to the left. I really wish you'd set them up with their own account here, it's not that hard to do, I am sure Grind or Damo can help with that.
    you're a nutcase dixie...you always have nice things to say about me when i agree with your position, the minute i don't, its -- yurt's a different person!!!!!!@E#$R@%$%$#%#

no one posts on this account but me. sorry to once again have to set your troubled mind straight, but hopefully someday it wil get through that thick skull of yours and simply just debate with me without resorting to this wacky theory i'm multiple people posting under one account simply because you don't agree with me.

and you a moderate...........LOOOOOOL

9. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Onceler View Post
    You have compared homosexuality to bestiality. And I'm calling BS on your being okay with 1st trimester abortion...BIGTIME.

You are far, far right.
    Yes, I compared one sexually deviant behavior with another. One is socially acceptable and the other is not, that is the only difference. You haven't refuted that, you just act offended by it, but there is no need in being offended by the truth. You can call BS all you like, I didn't say I am okay with 1st trimester abortions under any and all circumstance. I specifically said, I am okay with them as long as we are honest about what we are aborting and people have sufficient counseling. And in either event, I am perfectly okay with the voters of the state deciding what law they wish to establish.

You can call me "far right" all you like, I am used to being called much worse, I don't mind, I just wanted to set the record straight, my viewpoints are FAR from FAR right, they are fairly MODERATE.

10. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yes, I compared one sexually deviant behavior with another. One is socially acceptable and the other is not, that is the only difference. .
    Ever hear of a concept called "consent"?

You're a ridiculous bigot...

11. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Ever hear of a concept called "consent"?

You're a ridiculous bigot...
    What does consent have to do with whether something deviates from the norm sexually or not? I am not arguing that homosexuality should be illegal or that bestiality should be legal, those arguments might involve consent. What I said is the truth, nothing more. Consent has nothing to do with it, neither does bigotry.

12. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What does consent have to do with whether something deviates from the norm sexually or not? I am not arguing that homosexuality should be illegal or that bestiality should be legal, those arguments might involve consent. What I said is the truth, nothing more. Consent has nothing to do with it, neither does bigotry.
    You said that was the "only difference," loser.

You ain't no moderate, Dix. You hate homosexuality, and you are vehemently opposed to abortion. There is nothing at all moderate about your views.

13. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 46 Times in 43 Posts

You ain't no moderate, Dix. You hate homosexuality, and you are vehemently opposed to abortion. There is nothing at all moderate about your views.
    Being pro liberal policies are not the defining marks of being moderate- they are defining marks of being liberal.

14. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Dancer View Post
    Being pro liberal policies are not the defining marks of being moderate- they are defining marks of being liberal.
    Try to keep up a little, ID - I'm not the one who brought up being "okay" with abortion & supporting civil unions as examples of being a moderate. Dixie did. I merely pointed to the fact that he's lying.

And if you think Dix is a moderate, you're nuts....

15. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

As far as sexual behaviors go, that is the difference! One is accepted in society... (probably because of consent) and the other is not. BOTH are sexually deviant behaviors. I don't hate gay people, I happen to like most gay people I know. I don't have anything personal against goat fuckers either, I am sure they are just like everyone else, some good and some bad. You can say all you want to about what you wrongly think my viewpoints are, I have articulated them here, so people can decide whether to believe me or you, I don't really care. I don't consider myself "far right" at all, I am mostly moderate on social issues, and very fiscally conservative. I'm almost a libertarian, if they weren't such pinheads, I probably would be one.