Thread: Private sector adds almost 200,000 jobs in January

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 344 Times in 322 Posts

Default Private sector adds almost 200,000 jobs in January

The ADP National Employment Report

January 2011 Report

Private-sector employment increased by 187,000 from December to January on a seasonally adjusted basis, according to the latest ADP National Employment Report® released today. The estimated change of employment from November to December was revised down by 50,000 to 247,000 from the previously reported increase of 297,000. This month’s ADP National Employment Report suggests solid growth of private nonfarm payroll employment heading into the New Year. The recent pattern of rising employment gains since the middle of last year appears to be intact, as the average gain over December and January (217,000) is well above the average gain over the prior six months (52,000). Strength was evident within all major industries and across all size business tracked in the ADP Report.

"Mere parsimony is not economy. Expense, and great expense, may be an essential part in true economy."
    Edmund Burke
    The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
    John Kenneth Galbraith

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's amazing the optimism and stability a Republican’s winning the House would bring to the Economy.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBunny View Post
    It's amazing the optimism and stability a Republican’s winning the House would bring to the Economy.
    Spin much??? LOL WOW...
    The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
    John Kenneth Galbraith

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

The democrats have started to turn things around, but we knew that as history shows it clearly. Coolidge/Hoover = GD; Reagan/Bush = S&L collapse and more bailouts; Bush Jr = Great Recession, more bailouts. Will the American voter ever learn?

"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness." John Kenneth Galbraith
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,119 Times in 1,992 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bfgrn View Post
    Spin much??? LOL WOW...
    didn't you go around using that graph that showed jobs before jan 09 and then after (when obama came into office) as proof or evidence obama's presidency changed things?

i can't remember if you did or not.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    didn't you go around using that graph that showed jobs before jan 09 and then after (when obama came into office) as proof or evidence obama's presidency changed things?

Wasn't me, I've only been here a couple of days

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Wasn't me, I've only been here a couple of days
    did you see who i responded to? maybe you're new to messageboards, but when someone quotes someone's post, they are usually referring directly to them...

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yes, it was because of actions taken like the stimulus bill.
    John Kenneth Galbraith

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

did you see who i responded to? maybe you're new to messageboards, but when someone quotes someone's post, they are usually referring directly to them...
    Apparently I didn't see it, but thanks for taking the time out of your busy day and stating the obvious.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Apparently I didn't see it, but thanks for taking the time out of your busy day and stating the obvious.
    uh richard noggin, it wasn't obvious to you as i had to explain it you

dumbass

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yes, it was because of actions taken like the stimulus bill.
    and that occurred immediately when obama took office? nice try, it wasn't even a quarter spent a half a year later...the economy does not instantly change upon a new president or a new party gaining power in congress...thats ludicrious and it shows you're a hack because you want to apply it to only the dems and not the pubs

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 623 Times in 562 Posts

The real report comes out tomorrow 7:30
    The stone that the builder refused
    Will always be the head corner stone

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

i'm curious how there can be a gain in the private sector when you have:

Among the marginally attached, there were 1.3 million discouraged workers in December, an increase
    of 389,000 from December 2009
    . (The data are not seasonally adjusted.) Discouraged workers are persons
    not currently looking for work because they believe no jobs are available for them. The remaining
    1.3 million persons marginally attached to the labor force had not searched for work in the 4 weeks preceding
    the survey for reasons such as school attendance or family responsibilities. (See table A-16.)
    http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,063 Times in 960 Posts

The ADP National Employment Report

January 2011 Report

Private-sector employment increased by 187,000 from December to January on a seasonally adjusted basis, according to the latest ADP National Employment Report® released today. The estimated change of employment from November to December was revised down by 50,000 to 247,000 from the previously reported increase of 297,000. This month’s ADP National Employment Report suggests solid growth of private nonfarm payroll employment heading into the New Year. The recent pattern of rising employment gains since the middle of last year appears to be intact, as the average gain over December and January (217,000) is well above the average gain over the prior six months (52,000). Strength was evident within all major industries and across all size business tracked in the ADP Report.

"Mere parsimony is not economy. Expense, and great expense, may be an essential part in true economy."
    Edmund Burke
    What's really funny, and I am sure there are probably still threads in the archives, the same pinheads who are crowing about 200k jobs gained under Obama, were calling a 200k job gain under Bush, NOTHING! We were routinely told back then, the number didn't include all the people who had given up looking for a job, or who were working in a lower paying job. We were told 200k barely made up for the number of NEW WORKERS coming into the system, and that it was essentially STILL a loss of jobs. Month after month, we'd see numbers similar to this in jobs growth, yet Bush wasn't creating any new jobs, and the ones he was creating were shit jobs to replace the good-paying jobs... now, that suddenly doesn't seem to be a problem at all, and a 200k job gain is a sign that Happy Days Are Here Again! ...Amazing!

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

uh richard noggin, it wasn't obvious to you as i had to explain it you

dumbass
    You make an interesting assumption with your cleverness and witty banter