Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is it with the 'car driving' analogy and dems?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 940 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,063 Times in 960 Posts

Default What is it with the 'car driving' analogy and dems?

Is anyone just getting completely tired of this worn out democrat battle cry? Bush drove us into a ditch, and now Republicans want the keys back! He put our economy in ditch... he drove off the road because he doesn't know how to drive, and we need democrats who do know how, to take the wheel and get us out of the ditch! Over and over, in every conceivable way possible, democrats are running around, STILL, repeating this stupid corny analogy? WHY?

Was there some focus-group study that showed this analogy appealed to voters? Were they all members of MADD or victims of vehicular homicide? Did they all have a DUI on their record? Nightmares of being in a car wreck? Why in the hell is this such a "go to" phrase for so many pinhead Democraps?

Here's what it's more like: Instead of a car, it's an X-15... capable of speeds up to 4,520 mph, and Bush happened to get a little squirrely with it. Now Obama and the Democrats are attempting to drive it like a car, as it bottoms out through some ravine like the desert floor of the Grand Canyon!

BUT...This is how they are behaving....

For God sakes America... take the keys!! :eek3:

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,786 Times in 32,152 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Demo Derby?....

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Is anyone just getting completely tired of this worn out democrat battle cry? Bush drove us into a ditch, and now Republicans want the keys back! He put our economy in ditch... he drove off the road because he doesn't know how to drive, and we need democrats who do know how, to take the wheel and get us out of the ditch! Over and over, in every conceivable way possible, democrats are running around, STILL, repeating this stupid corny analogy? WHY?
    Because it's true.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,882 Times in 1,475 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 237 Times in 228 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie View Post

Was there some focus-group study that showed this analogy appealed to voters? Were they all members of MADD or victims of vehicular homicide? Did they all have a DUI on their record? Nightmares of being in a car wreck? Why in the hell is this such a "go to" phrase for so many pinhead Democraps?

Here's what it's more like: Instead of a car, it's an X-15... capable of speeds up to 4,520 mph, and Bush happened to get a little squirrely with it. Now Obama and the Democrats are attempting to drive it like a car, as it bottoms out through some ravine like the desert floor of the Grand Canyon!

BUT...This is how they are behaving....
    YouTube - Lucy & Desi Parody

For God sakes America... take the keys!! :eek3:
    Check the rocks at 6:00 minutes.
    "May your reality be as pleasant as mine."

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,725 Times in 2,959 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 333 Times in 317 Posts

Buck up or get back in the truck!

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by NigelTufnel View Post
    Buck up or get back in the truck!
    LMAO... you can't even get that right. It's; Buck up or stay in the truck!

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

LMAO... you can't even get that right. It's; Buck up or stay in the truck!

Tongue my balls, you repressed fuck.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by NigelTufnel View Post
    Tongue my balls, you repressed fuck.
    I wouldn't tongue your balls with Mott's tongue! Retard!

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I wouldn't tongue your balls with Mott's tongue! Retard!

Oh, but I think you would. My primary operative theory is that you are a spoof. My secondary operative theory is that you are a severely repressed homosexual that would love to tongue my balls and wouldn't mind if you got a taste of the 2-hole.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 33 Times in 24 Posts

Hey, you're talking about an administration that got their first campaign slogan from a preschool TV show: Bob the Builder: "Can we build it? Yes We Can!" It's about their mental level.

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 344 Times in 322 Posts

Actually, a better car analogy. Your name is Bill, and you just bought a brand new car and paid cash for; no debt.

Your brother-in law George stops over, and you show him the car. He says it's a piece of shit. But George steals the extra set of keys from your younger brother Al and the brother-in law takes off on a joy ride. He smashes up the car, trashes the interior and brings it back smashed, trashed, no oil in the engine, coolant in the radiator and no gas in the tank.

George throws the keys at you and says: "I TOLD you it was a piece of shit!"
    The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
    John Kenneth Galbraith

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Oh, but I think you would. My primary operative theory is that you are a spoof. My secondary operative theory...
    The only "operative theory" you should entertain, is how to eat your jello cup without drooling.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bfgrn View Post
    Actually, a better car analogy. Your name is Bill, and you just bought a brand new car and paid cash for; no debt.

Your brother-in law George stops over, and you show him the car. He says it's a piece of shit. But George steals the extra set of keys from your younger brother Al and the brother-in law takes off on a joy ride. He smashes up the car, trashes the interior and brings it back smashed, trashed, no oil in the engine, coolant in the radiator and no gas in the tank.

George throws the keys at you and says: "I TOLD you it was a piece of shit!"
    Man, you guys are hung up on the car thing. Like I said, it's more like an X-15, bottoming out along the floor of the Grand Canyon at Mach 4, and you morons have no idea you're even flying a plane, you think you're driving a car!

You know it's funny, pinheads accuse conservatives of wanting to live in "Ozzie and Harriet" world, but it seems to be the pinheads who are stuck in the past. You keep talking about someone who was president two years ago, and act like we are in 1964, and the TEA Party is a bunch of Bull Connors with fire hoses, while people need universal health care because they are all dying in the street like 1349 Europe. You spend your time protesting a war that is already over. You want to 'transform' America to a new innovative political system that died at the end of the Cold War!

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

I’ve been using an analogy quite a bit, so I’ve got to make sure to use it here.

Imagine the Republicans driving our economy into the ditch, and it’s a deep ditch, and they and their buddies somehow walk away from the accident, but the car is still down there.

So, we put on our boots and we rappel down into the ditch, and it’s muddy and hot, and there are bugs there, and we’re pushing on this car, trying to get it out of the ditch, pushing and pushing, and every once in a while we look up, and there are the Republicans, they’re up there, you know, slipping on a Slurpee and fanning themselves.

And we’ll ask them, “Why don’t you come down here?”, and they say, “No, no, but you guys aren’t pushing hard enough. You’re not pushing the right way.”

Finally, we get the car up on level ground.

We’re ready to move forward.

The car is banged up.

It needs some bodywork.

It needs a tune up, but it’s ready to move in the right direction, and we get this tap on our shoulders.

We look back.

Lo and behold, it’s the Republicans, and what are they saying?

They’re saying, “We want the keys back.”

You cannot have the keys back.

You don’t know how to drive.

You can ride with us, but you’ll have to be in the back seat.

We’re going to put middle-class families in the front seat.

We’re driving for them.

When you want to go forward, you put your car in “D.”

When you want to go backwards, you put it in “R” .

I want to go forward.

If we give them the keys back, the other side has said they are going to cut taxes for millionaires and billionaires, costing us $700 billion, and to help pay for it, they’re going to cut education spending by 20 percent.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks, Mr. President.

I'll break it down for Dick-see.

Imagine the Republicans flying our economy into the ditch, and it’s a deep ditch, and they and their buddies somehow walk away from the accident, but the F-15 is still down there.

So, we put on our boots and we rappel down into the ditch, and it’s muddy and hot, and there are bugs there, and we’re pushing on this F-15, trying to get it out of the ditch, pushing and pushing, and every once in a while we look up, and there are the Republicans, they’re up there, you know, slipping on a Slurpee and fanning themselves.

And we’ll ask them, “Why don’t you come down here?”, and they say, “No, no, but you guys aren’t pushing hard enough. You’re not pushing the right way.”

Finally, we get the F-15 up on level ground.

We’re ready to move forward.

The F-15 is banged up.

It needs some bodywork.

It needs a tune up, but it’s ready to move in the right direction, and we get this tap on our shoulders.

We look back.

Lo and behold, it’s the Republicans, and what are they saying?

They’re saying, “We want the controls back.”

You cannot have the controls back.

You don’t know how to fly.

You can ride with us, but you’ll have to be in the back seat.

We’re going to put middle-class families in the front seat.

We’re flying for them.

When you want to take off, you put your F-15 in “D.”

When you want to crash, you put it in “R” .

I want to take off.

If we give them the controls back, the other side has said they are going to cut taxes for millionaires and billionaires, costing us $700 billion, and to help pay for it, they’re going to cut education spending by 20 percent.